Reviews: 425
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

IMPORTANT
When reporting a bug, please include the following information:
  • Include your browser.
  • Time problem occurred.
  • A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?
  • Your operating system.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:05 am
promptlyby12 says...

So i just posted a poem 'The Brightest star', and was browsing through the green room reviewing poems. I noticed that a comment on my poem was blank, and so were few others on another work. I'm using firefox right now but i also noticed this on chrome, on my android and PC.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Browser: Firefox

Operating System: Windows

Time: 8:00 pm EST, give or take a few minutes.

What Happened: I'm not receiving notifications for several different posts throughout the site, despite seeing them present. One of these instances was a wall post left by @ExoticFrog on my wall, and another was the most recent post by @soundofmind in the roleplay Angels and Demons. Several other users have mentioned also not receiving notifications on their walls.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Browser: Google Chrome

Time: ~7:30PM CST

What Happened: Haven't been getting notifs either! Didn't even get one for when @Saen tagged me in the above post!
Last edited by soundofmind on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Browser: Chrome

Operating System: Chrome

Time: 5:00 PST about

Issue: I’m also not receiving any notifications that I know I should be getting, such as replies to comments.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 am
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

Browser: Chrome

Operating system: Windows 10

Time: I didn't check but it was today, sometime during the afternoon.

Issue: Notifs stopped working. It started out with a delay yesterday and slowly grew until it stopped a few hours ago.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks all for reporting the notifications bugs! I fixed it last night, but unfortunately, the fix meant I had to delete all old notifications.

What happened was a problem with the auto increment value in the MySQL database table for notifications. For some reason, when the last notification before the bug got inserted into the table, it didn't update the cardinality of the auto increment value. So whenever it tried to insert a new notification, it tried doing so using a previously used id, which caused an error. I tried a couple ways to tackle this, but nothing worked. And frankly, I didn't want to spend too much time on it so I just reset the table.

To avoid a repeat, I'm just going to have the notification inserts ignore any errors. That way, when there is an error, it'll just skip it and move on rather than getting hung up on it. Not sure though why it happened in the first place. At this point, there's been well over 100 million notifications generated and I guess everything has to break eventually!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:16 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Browser: Opera

Operating System: Windows 10

Time: I noticed it about 10 hours ago by @Holysocks pointing it out, and has been a continued issue since. It has most likely been happening before though.

What Happened: In the 'People' tab, I'm no longer receiving Notes on the first page. Once I go to the second page, they pop up normally again, but I'm only getting status updates on the first page.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Browser: Safari

Operating System: macOS

Time: 7:45am EST

What Happened: There are actually three issues that come up for me.
1. Firstly, I'm having the exact same continuing problem as Kirkiln since yesterday.

2. A general error page appears when I click on the hashtag I created # sporadicvocab, which I included in my wall post reply here. Normally I would pass over this, however the general error message that pops up is the exact same as the one related to my third issue:

3. I get the same general error message above when clicking wall page '6' of the # amwriting hashtag (pages can be found here). I've also noticed that a similar issue occurs with the wall pages of clubs on YWS, where previous/earlier wall pages are completely blank – yet there is no error page involved.
i.e. 'Anime Club' is blank for me on wall page '6' onwards;
'The Three Lockets' is blank on page '9' onwards;
'The Last Man Standing' is blank on page '57' onwards.
(and other clubs)

It seems the two general error issues with hashtags can be resolved simultaneously by fixing that one line of SQL syntax (though I admit to being a novice in these matters). I didn't mean to bombard this thread with these! Though I figured they were worth bringing up ~

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:19 pm
Siddharth says...

Browser: Google Chrome
This is the error message that popped up while I was trying to send a PM
Date:2/1/19
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-01-03-19-46-17-699_com.android.chrome.png

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Same issue as kirkiln

No notes showing on people tab - just statuses.

On Google, samsung mobile phone, noticed yesterday - still issue today.

Also I didn't get a notification for a review of my work today, but have been getting other notifs - that might be a one time issue, I'll bring it up if it happens more frequently..
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:37 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Browser: Safari

Operating System: macOS

Time: 11:37pm EST

What Happened: Update on the previous issues I described above! Issue no. 2 with the general error page for the hashtag # sporadicvocab has been fixed or is working fine now, however issues 1 and 3 still stand.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:50 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Kirkiln wrote:Browser: Opera

Operating System: Windows 10

Time: I noticed it about 10 hours ago by @Holysocks pointing it out, and has been a continued issue since. It has most likely been happening before though.

What Happened: In the 'People' tab, I'm no longer receiving Notes on the first page. Once I go to the second page, they pop up normally again, but I'm only getting status updates on the first page.

Just wanted to point out that this is still happening to me
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

^ The issue above is still happening where "notes" don't show up on the first page of the People Tab.

Also today - the site seems to be running slow? Not sure if it's just me, but some avatars won't load, and then eventually the site just kicked me out and said something like "Young writers society is offline right now" or something like that. If it happens again I'll try to get a screen shot. Even typing this message it said "Message did not save! This is likely because the server is unreachable"

Google Chrome, Windows 10, 2/21/19 - about 30 minutes ago.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:44 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

That happened the yestoday when I did a review, I got frustrated and just decided to do it again some other time, I also thought I was the only one but it seems like you are all having the same problem.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett