212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:46 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Browser: Chrome.

Time: 3:43pm GMT+8

So to add to the Review Day Teams dots not showing up....there seems to a problem with the Team Stats. There seems be no stats for this month's teams and the Team Names seem to be stuck on last month's names for the little things above the graph?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 01, 2019 8:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Browser: Firefox

Time: 4:23 PM EST

Operating System: Windows

What Happened: The contact mods option at the top of the page moved underneath the mini YWS logo and the "Me" option.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun May 05, 2019 10:34 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Browser: Google Chrome
Time: 5/5/19 , 5:30 pm CDT, same deal yesterday too
Operating System: Windows

What Happened:

I keep getting this error message recently:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

or this:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

it happens when I click from page to page, like going from the forums to the people tab, or from the people tab to the forums, or to different forums etc. what I've been doing is just clicking out of the tab and re-loading the site, but it keeps infrequently happening. I got the same error report on my phone yesterday while on YWS too. Have tried turning my devices on/off but same thing seems to keep happening - like I said it's kind of infrequent, but has probably popped up like 4 times today while I've been on the site.

Edit: still happening today & more frequently.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 06, 2019 10:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I've been receiving the same problem as @alliyah, though it's happened on Firefox instead of Chrome. I haven't encountered it on my phone yet, but it's happened repeatedly on my laptop. The only way to make it go away is to try either reloading the page (which doesn't always work) or go to an entirely new one.
mage

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Browser: Safari

Time: 9:25 PM EST

Operating System: macOS

What Happened: I have not been receiving any notifications when my username is tagged by other users (@ + username). The same seems to apply when I tag other usernames. This has been happening for at least three weeks.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Re: the earlier problem with the error message.

I'm not sure if this is just because I've been on the site longer today than I was yesterday, but the error message is popping up more frequently. There's also a longer message that appears, but there's no consistency with it vs. the one that @alliyah mentioned. When it does show up again, I'll edit this post and quote it.
mage

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed May 08, 2019 12:42 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I've had the same error. Again, it seems to pop up randomly, but fixes when I go back and then reclick on the page I was trying to reach. If I see it again I'll try to grab a screenshot.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed May 08, 2019 3:20 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

For the past couple days, I've been getting the same error(s) as @alliyah and the others have mentioned. So far, I had only seen it on the "All" page of the People tab, and going back and clicking on the link again usually fixed it after a couple times. It didn't impact my site browsing too much.

Just now, for several minutes, I could not access any YWS page, and I tried quite
a few of the ones I have bookmarked. This was the entire text of the error message (it was the same every time):
General Error

Could not find required extension [memcached] for the ACM module memcached.

Browser: Chrome
Operating System: Mac OS Mojave
Time: 8:10 am PST

Since it wasn't working on my laptop, I tried on my phone and got the same results.
Browser: Chrome
Phone: Moto Android
Time: 8:10 am PST
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed May 08, 2019 4:55 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Alright, so I've been having to EXACT same problem as @Mea, @niteowl, @alliyah, and @Magestorrow. A few days ago, I'd post something and it'd say: General Error. I'd go back a few times and it worked. Somehow.

Today, I put in the website link into the search bar. Then, it loaded and said General Error. I did for 26 minutes straight. Later, like after 5 minutes or so, I tried once more. And, finally, I made it! But this got right onto my nerves. I. Hate. It.

Oh, also, I used Firefox, Puffin, and Safari. I forgot the time. It was all day.
*insert quirky signature here*

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Wed May 08, 2019 11:53 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Browser FireFox

so I've been having to EXACT same problem as @Mea, @niteowl, @alliyah, and @Magestorrow and @Liberty500. with General Error. it is not to bad right now.
but it is still giving trouble, I am starting to sometimes struggle to get on to YWS because of it, I also found that for me it is worse at sear-ten times, last night I could not even get on here, it was at 10:00 PM and still going at 11:00 PM, I don't no how much longer it went on for because i went to sleep though, i also shut down my computer for the hole night, that seamed to have worked but I don't no how much longer it will work for. My sister @FlamingPhoenix also tried at that time and not one of us could get on to YWS.

Sore it again and thought you mite need a screen shot so here it is,

Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:58 pm
Feltrix says...

Browser: Safari
Operating System: macOS
Time: Before 8:45 EST
What Happened: I have been unable to type on Young Writers Society. I’m able to type on all other tabs, but using any letter, number, or delete keys has done absolutely nothing. I am still able to paste, which is how I’m writing this, and my mouse seems to still be functioning as normal, but typing does absolutely nothing.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm
silvermoon17 says...

Hey feltrix, I usually have this too- just close all windows then open it up again. I’m not sure how it works on computers, but for me, it works when I shut everything down

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Feltrix says...

@silvermoon17 That worked, thanks! I cannot believe I didn't try that.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:58 pm
silvermoon17 says...

lol ur welcome XD

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 am
Omni says...

Opera Browser 60.0.3255.151
Happened June 13, 10:00 PM
Win 10

It's saying that writerfeedpad's security certificate expired yesterday for me, and will no longer let me on the website. @Meshugenah since you contacted him directly last time
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou