z

Young Writers Society

Report a Site Bug

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:15 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I'm doing that now yeah. Even doing that didn't work on the day I posted this but I managed that yesterday :/

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:08 pm
View Likes
chickenrun201 says...

So for me none of the etherpad-run sites are working. For a few days it works then the chat won't load and it doesn't save any edits to the document. I've tried creating new pads but it just does the same thing. I know it's not really a yws bug but is there a way to report it?

Browser: Chrome

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:16 pm
View Likes
chickenrun201 says...

here's a screenshot of the error but I don't know if it has anything to do with it.

err.png

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:08 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Your operating system: Windows 10
Browser: Google Chrome
When: 2/4/2020 at about 8am CST
Description: It's a small thing, but I noticed when the user clicks the Load More button in the Green Room to see more works out there, the ratings are not displayed on those loaded records. This left some R-rated works without a rating, and I'd hate for someone to accidentally read something they shouldn't or prefer not to read at all.
  • What section were you on? Green Room
  • What were you doing? Loading more works in the GR.
  • What were you trying to do? Browse through the oldest works in the GR.
I make my own policies.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:53 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Browser: Vivaldi

Operating System: Windows 7

Time: Anywhere in the range 15:30–15:50 GMT+2:00 on 19/02/2020

Description: I was awarding badges via the ACP. Any time I clicked Submit, the following error appeared:
ACP wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 451: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I've awarded badges on this computer before, so if my OS or browser is the problem (which I deem unlikely, but I'm not an IT expert), then this is a new development.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:54 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Hey guys I might be able to help with the general error thing, I had it a few months back before I went of YWS. I found if you post a lot the error comes up more, so now that i left YWS for a little bit, and took a break, I have come back and it has stopped completely, this might work for you it might not but it seems to me that it needs a break every none and again. because some of us I no post a lot. but again I don't no if this will work for you it might or it might not. I'm just telling you what I did.

also @chickenrun201check this pad out because mine is not giving trouble so I'm giving you one i just made.

https://board.net/p/chickenrun201
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:44 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Browser: Chrome

Operating System: macOS High Sierra

Time: Every time I go to the publishing center. See below for details.

Information: Every time I go to publish something in the Publishing Center and I'm prompted to categorize my work (e.g., Poetry, Short Story, etc.), the page looks so buggy that it is impossible to make selections. It is pretty much impossible to organize a work and thus I've noticed an uptick in poems being posted in 'Art', since that remains the only option people can select through the bug. alliyah also mentioned that there has been an increase of people losing points through the Center with no works actually being posted. Perhaps that is related?

I would post a screenshot of the glitch but at the moment I can't because it's Review Day. I only remembered to report the bug since I was in the process of going through the Literary Works and noticed someone had said in their subtitle that they had only posted their poem in 'Art' because they were incapable of selecting 'Poetry'.

Not sure if this makes sense so let me know if you need further clarification! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the bug.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:02 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Browser: Chrome, but also happened on Firefox.
Time: Keeps happening.
Problem: I'm an administrator of the Elder Scrolls Club, but I can't make any posts on its wall as the club itself, you know? This problem has persisted. I have the option beneath each post to post it as the club, but when I click on it, it comes under my name anyway.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun May 10, 2020 10:27 pm
Lib says...

Browser: Firefox/Chrome/Safari
Time: Happens all the time on all three browsers
Problem: I was looking through the Green Room. I went to check the oldest work there which is this one. And it already has two reviews. Still in the Green Room. I refreshed an everything, but it was still there.
*insert quirky signature here*

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 pm
JabberHut says...

Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge
Time: Consistent (but we can say 4:28PM CST 6/1/2020 for now :) )
Problem: The leaderboard side columns are stretching the page vertically as if the cells are being formatted/resized strangely to accomodate the links. Picture here, showing left-side cell containing the link to the Overview leaderboard stretching the page below (same thing happens on the right side where Team Tortoise users are listed).

It'd be nice to have this addressed for Team Tortoise month, but naturally it isn't significant!

(Also forgive me if I'm misusing terms here! :D )
Attachments
asdf.png
I make my own policies.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Browser: Chrome. It doesn't happen on Firefox.
Time: Constantly for the past couple weeks.
Issue: I can't see the like buttons on the people tab.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 am
Mageheart says...

I tried reposting a wall post three times, but the message still hasn't posted on my wall. I originally tried reposting/quoting at 9:24 PM EST, using the Ecosia browser on a Galaxy S10. I haven't had the problem before, and my phone/browser shouldn't have updated recently.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:42 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Browser: Chrome.
Time: Just today so far in the last hour or so.
Issue: WFP has a privacy error.

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from scarlettfire.writerfeedpad.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:28 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

^ Yes same error as above, I think I remember this happening to us all like a year ago? When something in WFP expired?

It says the privacy something or other expired on Jun 17, 2020
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

I feel like we had to contact @Nate the last time this happened.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:54 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Yep, I think the security certificate expired. I'll go contact @Nate (and I can't even give him grief about baseball, which is the worst part).

ETA: We're fixed!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy