z

Young Writers Society

Report a Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:05 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

There were some issues preventing people from entering the chatroom. That should be fixed now. If you still cannot, please report it as a bug.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:49 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

This is a bug that's been around for awhile -- with code formatting, anytime I try to click the "SELECT ALL" button, it does not select all but instead just takes me to the top of the webpage. In order to actually copy all the code's contents, I have to scroll and c/p like normal.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:51 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

I have a problem when publishing stories. When I try editing my stories, the site adds more spaces and lines to it my story while editing. Whether I am on my phone or computer. It like glitches and lags too. I use OperaGX. Can you please help me?
rashomon go brr

she/her

used to be loveissourgrapes

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

When I am on mobile (iPhone 11, Chrome browser) typing up a PM if I take too long then I get an error screen when I try to send the PM. Like, if I type a short message that doesn't take long and send it right away it sends fine. And if I type a long PM and then copy it and refresh the page and then paste it and send it right away it'll send. But if I try sending it after I typed it all out then it will take forever to load saying it's "sending" but then just give me an error page and never actually send and delete the PM draft in the process. It doesn't do this on my laptop (also Chrome browser) and I had assumed it was something to do with my device, but @White123 mentioned to me earlier today the same thing is happening to her with the PMs so figured that meant it was likely to be a bug and should be reported ^^

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:57 am
View Likes
LadySpark says...

This could be just a waiting game thing, but I had all my works set to private and I went into my portfolio to unprivate some. It's been about 15 minutes, and they're still showing they're private on each individual work, but not private when I go in to edit my portfolio.

Using Safari (up to date) on my 2021 Mac.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

425 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:01 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@LadySpark ->> The way everything works right is definitely a bug because it's the opposite of what a user expects to happen, but to re-publish a private work, you need to do the following:
- Go to "Edit work" and click "Publish it"
- That takes you to the edit options area. When there, click "Publish It" one more time to change its status.

Let me know if it's still not working for you after that.

355 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:03 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

@Nate that worked! I think I might have another bug though...

clubs/3343

Keep trying to upload a profile pic for this club and it's not showing up. I've done a few different pictures, so I'm pretty sure it's not the photo. Was just trying to do this prior to posting (around 3pm).

2021 mac on the most recent version of safari :)

Edit: weird things are happening with the title too… That I’m assuming is because of the punctuation in “LadySpark’s”?
Edit pt 2.: I got my title to work by editing it, saving it, and clicking "return to club tabs" instead of "return to preivous page". Something about reloading the editing page messes the title up and makes it "LadySpark///s Cookbook" or other iterations with question marks instead of "LadySpark's Cookbook".
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:54 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

@LadySpark is that file of a .png extension? I mean that picture isn't even opening in a new tab or showing a preview. It shows a .bin extension(I have zero idea about what that is supposed to be). I guess you can try with a png file. Just try with this file once and check if it works
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-03-07-23-23-17.png
Screenshot_2023-03-07-23-23-17.png (173.43 KiB) Viewed 227 times

355 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:57 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

@ForeverYoung299

The file when uploaded was a PNG, so not sure why it's shown as a .bin. Just to be sure, I resaved the photo as a PNG and JPEG and tried again, still no dice :).
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:28 am
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:06 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@LadySpark and @Lucrezia ->> Can you send me the pictures you're trying to use? Thanks!

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:55 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:29 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

This is currently how far I can zoom in on YWS using Google Chrome on an Android. Honestly, I am having a hard time reading the smaller text. Phone is a Samsung A71.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230314_221959_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230314_221730_Chrome.jpg
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:55 pm
Quillfeather says...

Update on what @Snoink mentioned:
It seems to be fixed for me, personally. I can zoom in pretty far, as far as is needed to navigate properly.
Browser: chrome
Phone: Google pixel 6
Thank you for all your work!
Was: Nicole136
And then: TrinityPoeting
Am now: Quillfeather

If you ever need to talk I am here for you<3

"All great change is preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra
Fight through the chaos, there are good things ahead<333

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:59 pm
DreamyAlice says...

yeah now its fixed for me as well!
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson