z

Young Writers Society

Report a Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Lucrezia ->> Thanks! The problem was that the image was too large, and the code was not properly displaying errors related to that. I've fixed it such that when an image is too large, the system will now output the errors like it should.

@LadySpark ->> I think the problem you experience is probably the same as Lucrezia. Reducing the file size of the image should work.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:54 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Opps, sorry for the delayed response, @Nate! Thanks for that fix!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:12 pm
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Okay I'm using Microsoft Edge, but this also happened on my phone and that I used FireFox,
Every time I try to get to @Big Brother wall it keeps saying
Sorry, YWS Is Down
The Young Writers Society is currently down for some maintenance.

also it comes up with like a funny picture of a baby crying, or an old man crying or some other picture.

This is happening know where else except here, I hope you can figure out why, but don't stress to much about it.

Edit: Just tested Shorts tab and it's doing it with that now as well as Big Brothers wall.
Last edited by Dossereana on Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:40 pm
View Likes
Quillfeather says...

What does dossereana was saying but with the ''shorts" tab. Every time you click on it it takes you to the YWS down page.
This is also on my phone;
Browser: chrome
Was: Nicole136
And then: TrinityPoeting
Am now: Quillfeather

If you ever need to talk I am here for you<3

"All great change is preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra
Fight through the chaos, there are good things ahead<333

425 Reviews

Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:09 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Quillfeather, @Dossereana ->> Unfortunately, I cannot look into this right now, but it does appear to be a rather serious bug, and it's also affecting the Books tab. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a reason why the Poetry tab would work but not Books or Shorts. Big Brother's profile may not be working because of the space in the username, but that wouldn't explain the others.

If anyone runs into the "YWS is Down" page on other areas of the site, please note it here. I'll be able to look into this in a few hours.

425 Reviews

Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:44 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@Quillfeather, @Dossereana ->> The bug has been fixed! Thank you for reporting it.

For those interested, the issues with accessing the shorts tab, the books tab, and Big Brother's profile were all because of spaces. For example, when you access the shorts tab, the url might say youngwriterssociety.com/shorts, but that gets rewritten to youngwriterssociety.com/browse.php?s=Short Story in the backend.

From what I gathered, this is a bug having to do with the most recent update of Apache, which is a program used to operate web servers. It does not appear to have been intentional on their parts, and it will probably be fixed at some point. But nonetheless, I've implemented a work-around and things should be running smoothly again.

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:01 am
Dossereana says...

Thanks again Nate, it all seems to be working smoothly for me now. :)
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:47 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I assume this is because of the april fools button shenanigans, but just in case this is a weird bug no one else is experiencing, I'll post it here:

I keep getting this screen basically every other time I try to navigate somewhere on YWS or post something. And also as I type my messages keep not saving which I assume is related.
I'm on Chrome on a laptop but I also experienced this on my phone using chrome.
It's been happening for maybe an hour or longer? And it doesn't seem to matter what part of the site I'm on.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:57 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

i’ve been having a bug relating to the forums. when i’m writing a comment on a thread, there’s an odd, empty large space that i don’t remember being there prior to a week or so ago. it’s between the bb code buttons and the typing space. i tested two browsers, Safari and Brave, and it’s happening with both. i use my ipad.

edit: i don't see it on computer, so its a mobile thing.
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu May 11, 2023 3:33 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Looks like the featured works struggle with quotation marks

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:23 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

There seems to be some sort of problem with the KotGR forum. If you submit something that has incorrect coding the page will just not load - creating issues.

I ran into this issue a couple days ago in my own thread where I think the issue is I didn't have anything next to a "url" code and it just wouldn't let me click submit and kept making me click "back" so I couldn't edit my log. And now @Rose seems to be running into a similar thing: here. Any clue what could be happening or how to fix?

See further report here: profile.php?u=241142&c=1627053
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:10 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Browser: Safari

Time: 5:00pm Eastern time Zone

Operating system: 7th gen iPad

I’m not sure if this belongs here, but I got an error message and it said to report it immediately. I was on the people’s tab (i had “view all members” and “status updates only” selected) and, out of curiosity, I tried going to the oldest page available. It came up with this error message:

GENERAL ERROR
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘) ORDER BY comment_date DESC’ at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occured while fetching this page. Please contact a Board Administrator Immediately
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

1227 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:02 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@GengarIsBestBoy -> the last page always has error reports I believe due to statuses being deleted, at one point it was a site challenge to find the beginning of the people tab, and i believe you can still so so by modifying the number in the url until you find it. Hope that helps!

1227 Reviews

Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:31 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

chat.php

Chat seems to just show up as a big blank blue screen now. Confirmed this with a few other YWSers too.

Happening July 1, 2023 - google chrome, around 4:30 PM EST.

As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda