z

Young Writers Society

YWS Down for Maintenance on July 31, 2017

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:53 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The Young Writers Society will be down for some maintenance on July 31, beginning roughly at . It will be down for at least 3 hours, but potentially much longer. The backup site at https://backup.youngwriterssociety.com will be accessible, as will WriterFeedPad.

During the maintenance period, I will be migrating the server over to a new server on Linode, where both the backup site and WFP are already located. The new server is for all intents and purposes equivalent to the current server, except it will have 12GB of RAM instead of the current 8GB. That's important as the YWS database has long outgrown its current server (another option would be to start deleting old posts, but I really rather not do that).

Those using a YWS email address should experience little disruption, if any. If you have a website located on the YWS server, I'll be contacting you separately about updating your DNS settings, but you shouldn't need to do anything more than that.

If you have any questions, let me know!

425 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The maintenance period will begin at 5pm GMT, July 31. A countdown clock has been added to the top of the site.

I'll try to keep it as short as possible, but this could go on for several hours. So in the meantime, please enjoy the backup site:
https://backup.youngwriterssociety.com/

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 pm
Virgil says...

@Nate The backup site doesn't send an email? I tried twice and I haven't gotten one.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

425 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Nikayla wrote:@Nate The backup site doesn't send an email? I tried twice and I haven't gotten one.

Did you check spam?

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:09 pm
Virgil says...

@Nate Yep! I checked there and in All Mail. There's nothing, which is odd.

Edit: Just got the email!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde