Young Writers Society

YWS Chatroom and Chat Bar to Close Jan. 10, 2017

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 am
ScarlettFire says...

CarryOnMrCaulfield wrote:
AlexSushiDog wrote:If anyone is searching for an alternative there is the skype group and the discord chat here.

I cannot access it anymore.

It should work. Are you on a school computer by any chance?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:27 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

I used WriterfeedPad for quite a bit of my chatting back when I spent a lot of time here! It's handy because you can doodle and write together, as well as chat in the sidebar. :) It's a good alternative when YWS Chat isn't available anymore.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm
ofmonstersandmen1234 says...

This sucks because I can no longer keep in touch with my friends on YWS anymore.
[user][/user]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 pm
Steggy says...

@ofmonstersandmen1234 the chatroom will be opened this review day!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 pm
Amnesia says...

TimmyJake wrote:I used WriterfeedPad for quite a bit of my chatting back when I spent a lot of time here! It's handy because you can doodle and write together, as well as chat in the sidebar. :) It's a good alternative when YWS Chat isn't available anymore.

Timblr, are you trying to tell us to use WFP instead of you beautiful discord? *pokes*
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:15 pm
View Likes
SaveDodosNopeTooLate says...

Umm sorry to come in so late but what exactly was the Chatroom and ChatBar? Will it be opened for this months review day? And when is this months review day? Or is it over?
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm
Virgil says...

@SaveDodosNopeTooLate The Chatroom used to be an open place where people were able to join and chat! This used up its own tab although the Chat Bar existed in the bottom right corner of the screen where you were able to chat privately with other members that were online.

As for your question, the Chatroom if all goes well will be opened for this month's Review Day! We have this happen every month though sometimes it's forgotten about though I'm sure it'll be better remembered since you've brought this up. This month's Review Day akin to every other Review Day will take place on the last Sunday of this month, or to be more specific, the 30th and 31st! The Chat Bar doesn't come back for Review Day although the Chatroom does, to answer all of your questions.

Hope this helps!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm
SaveDodosNopeTooLate says...

Thank you @Nikayla, I'll be looking forward to it. :)
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams

Random avatar

Reviews: 131
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:43 pm
DukeofWonderland says...

I'm so sorry to hear that someone here felt unsafe. I'm glad I got the opportunity to take part in the YWS community when chat existed and helped me make friends with and learn from people across the globe. As an adult now, I can tell that YWS shaped how much more accepting and understanding I have had the opportunity to be by sharing views with many different people.

I'm so sorry to hear that other young writers may not get the same chances, but I'm glad to see everyone's safety is being considered
"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it
regularly went cuckoo."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 pm
NicoleBri says...

@Nate It's been a year! :) Do you see the chatroom ever coming back or is it really going to be for good? Just curious on what your thoughts about it are now! :D :D
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:55 am
Hattable says...

@NicoleBri - the chatroom is unlikely to ever return, but there's a Discord server that's been around for about as long as the chatroom's been gone! There's a good chunk of active YWSers as well as some non-YWSer faces. There should be a link here if you'd like to join!
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:28 am
Pan says...

I was a high school writer in Oklahoma who probably talked to people from all over the globe :o
i feel like the gods have recognized me!
On a more real note, I have wonderfully fond memories of that chat. There was drama, hijinks, always someone asking if I had a friend named Pot... And confusing me for other users. I miss that chat so much!
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn