z

Young Writers Society

Report a Site Bug

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:53 pm
View Likes
RealSadhours296 says...

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but apparently I and a few other people are experiencing issues with trying to enter the chatroom. When I try to log in, it says "Authentication failed" even though I know I'm using the right password.

For me specifically, it's occurred ever since I've been on here honestly. I'm using the latest version of firefox, and my operating system is a 64-bit windows 10.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:15 pm
View Likes
SalemReine says...

That happens to me too, I’ve never been able to enter the chat room.
Was WrenZorya

If I perish, I perish~ Esther, a long long time ago

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:06 am
momonster says...

Same here as well! It says "Authentication Failed."
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:15 am
Omni says...

@RealSadhours296 @WrenZorya @dancingontheclouds I am trying to see if anyone can currently enter the chatroom so we can troubleshoot and see if there's a fix (if anyone is able to, please PM me and let me know).

Right now there doesn't seem to be a fix, so I recommend creating a WFP and sharing on your wall or joining one already active as an alternative ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:50 pm
SebiGhoul says...

Browser: google

OS windows 10

time 4:30 (15 mins ago)

Description All old threads are crashing the site if i stay on them for longer than a few seconds. I don't believe this to be a computer issue as all other websites and parts of this website are doing just fine.
they/them

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:06 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Browser: Chrome

Time: 16:38, GMT+2

Description: I was scrolling through my inbox, reading through old PMs, when I realised I could more easily find one for which I was searching by sorting it via the authors. I swapped Date to Author under Sort and hit Go. However, that gave me an SQL error. A screenshot of the (rather urgent-sounding) error page is attached.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-12-24-16-38-39.png
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun May 08, 2022 5:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When I went to click on my notifications from the home page, I received this message:

Return to index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

It happened on Android on Ecosia at 1:14 PM EST.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun May 08, 2022 8:02 pm
alliyah says...

Certainly getting a lot of errors in the last couple days - usually if I click refresh or back it goes away after a couple clicks but just noting here too ~ I think this was from clicking notifications or the people tab.

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

SQL

SELECT p.post_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_id, t.topic_replies, c.title, c.id, c.image, p.post_username FROM yws_pages_posts p, yws_pages c, yws_pages_topics t WHERE t.topic_id > 71270 AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND p.page_id = c.id AND c.privacy IN (0,1) ORDER BY p.post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 5

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 189
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/club_index.php
LINE: 136
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon May 09, 2022 5:07 pm
NewHope says...

This is probably somewhere between the third and sixth this has happened. Namely, it has happened when previewing a topic in the Roleplay OOC Thread forum. Though I have experienced the message - most probably different - in notifications etc. and as Lliyah noted they are unusually hard to get rid of.

Posting a message on the OOC Thread and I received the following:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:33 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

Browser-Google Chrome/Opera
OS- Windows
Time- Started on 22/06/22 and still continuing
What happened- This error pops up while navigating the site every time I open any of the tabs or forums. Sometimes it's not even letting me login into my account.
Attachments
Screenshot (883).png
I only put my signature on big cheques.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:42 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Browser: Chrome, Firefox
Time: since a couple days ago, keeps happening.
What happened: Site won't load. Sometimes it works but most of the time it loads until this error comes up. Tried on multiple different browsers. It's incredibly slow but it's not my internet connection as everything else is fine.

"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:02 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Hkumar @ChieRynn Thank you for the reports! Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do from our side, since it's probably a short lapse on the server's side or Nate's side. These kind of problems don't usually last long, though :)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Not sure if it counts as a formal bug or not, but.

Browser: Firefox/Ecosia
Operating System: Windows/Android
Time: 7:30 AM EST to Now
What Happened: Loading posts after they're submitted is taking longer than usual today on both my phone and my computer. I haven't had any issues resubmitting edited posts. The wait is under a minute on my phone and computer, but is significantly longer than it normally is.

Edit: A few minutes and several posts after I made this post, my posts started to load at a normal speed again.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:41 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Browser: Google Chrome
Operating System: Chrome OS
Time: About 11:30 to now.
What happened: I went to go open my WFP page to access a certain roleplay WFP, but, instead, it opened to a tab that said the following:
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from weepingwisteria.writerfeedpad.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

If I open the advanced section, I get this:
This server could not prove that it is weepingwisteria.writerfeedpad.com; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, September 4, 2022. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:11 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hi! I am now able to get into the chatroom woot woot! But I am not able to send Private Messages to other users. Whenever I try to send one, it says "It is not able to send Private Messages"

sass levels loading

[he/him]

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone