Report a Site Bug

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Time: Around 9:00 AM EST
Description: I'm not getting a notification that I got a PM. Usually it shows up at the top, but it didn't today.
What I was doing: I was in the people's tab, club's tab, my profile, the home page, lots of places.

Time: Around 9:00 AM EST
Description: I can't edit my literary work, memories of shattered words . When I click "Edit Work" it shows the bolded part at the top, but nothing else.
What I was doing: I was viewing my work
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:20 pm
ChesTacos says...

I would like to add to @MomoMajwsty by saying if you have more than one YWS tab open you don't get any notifs. (I know this isn't as detailed, I'm sorry).
*boop*

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

browser: google chrome, latest update
time: 3/31/2021, 4:12 EDT
description: i cannot add a picture to my about page. it says the image was accepted but nothing shows up on my about page when i check.
what i was doing: trying to change the picture on my about page in the ucp
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:41 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Browser: Chrome, latest update
Time: 4/3/21, 1:40 EDT
Description: I can't log in to my own WFP. It says my password is incorrect, but it is not.
What I was doing: attempting to log into my wfp through the "Me" tab on yws.
operation system: windows 10
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:12 pm
momonster says...

Time: idk, it's happened a lot
Description: I'm not getting notifs for things I know I should be getting notifs for. I posted a work yesterday, four people reviewed it, and I only got a notif for one.
Operation system: Windows 10
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:05 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Just tried to quote someone's status on People Tab - and it made the whole page look really sketchy (google chrome 7/21/21 around 12:00 - noon Central time)

All the text of the page view got re-arranged and the links went outside the quote boxes, I deleted the repost and it went away but grabbed a screenshot of part of the left side of the screen.

and here

I deleted, then tried again to share - but it just went sketch. Here's the status I tried to re-quote (here)

which looks like this:
Code: Select all
[quote="Spearmint"][quote="PoetryBot"]Beep boop bop check out the fun activity we'll be doing and fabulous questions we'll be discussing!
[quote="Poetry Readers"]Hello everyone! Here are the discussion questions for @kattee's [b][i]shakespearean sonnet and twin haikus: the first paragraph[/b][/i] in advance. We're putting this up just to let everyone know what we'll be doing on the day, though you're very much welcome to give these a think and maybe write up your ideas in advance.

1. Write down a prose version of the poem, like an explanation or a really bare-bones short story to explain what you think is 'going on' in the poem, so to speak. (On the day, we'll have the lovely kattee there, so we'd appreciate it if everyone doesn't peek at what kattee writes and tries to come up with their own interpretation first!). You could make this easier by considering if there are 'narrative features' in the poem. There are many kinds of narrative features, but some examples could be perhaps a conflict, a 'villain' or a 'protagonist', a particular symbol that evolves, and so on. (As a bonus: can you think up any more narrative features that might be present in the poem?)

2. How does the poem make you feel? How do you think the speaker feels?

3.  What impressions do you get about the bees versus the wasp?

4. The title of the poem says 'shakespearan sonnet'. The characteristics of a shakespearan sonnet are lines in iambic pentameter, 14 lines, and usually an abab cdcd efef gg rhyme scheme. Can you spot these features in the poem?

Of course, if there's anything in the poem you'd like to discuss, feel free to do so! You could bring it up in the replies here or type in the pad on the discussion date.
See you there!

The original announcement post:[spoiler]
[quote="Liminality"]Hiya everyone!

Our next discussion will be on:

[date]07/25/2021 13:00 GMT[/date]

We'll be discussing:
[i][b]shakespearean sonnet and twin haikus: the first paragraph[/b][/i] by @kattee, a fascinating visual poem that takes place amongst a bee colony.

[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/a7e82f604540c62d615ecf4ac3b57e45/fe952b2866426590-2f/s2048x3072/628d84a6e60fbfa919f55420899bbdcb0f8a8539.png[/img]

Transcript:

Sonnet

My anthem’s are buzzes rattling in marsh,
Marching in a forest’s foliage and flood.
Grinding the weed, those bees, who thought this harsh,
Those retro twins with wings whipping the mud.

Before they sip this tipsy lips from bliss,
I dart far in the saps, where my skin wraps.
So that they won’t toss me across the rift,
Skin’s gloss and itching sting, shall stay unmasked.

But they hum a hymn i could not hear -- sheer
Grief I rest my wet wit, feeling weighty,
Less worthy to be part of swarm, for fear
the colony’ll convict of heresy.
This I, who can’t reap honey from poppies
That whispered to me: “you filth, you flea.”

Twin haikus

What is a wasp, but
useless, sweetless, and furless?
I’m weak in work,
A sick leech, fostered
By these bees, pure and honeyed
Are their symp(ath)honies.

You can also view it in its [url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=112420#p1507412]original home[/url] in kattee's NaPo thread this year.

In this Poetry Readers sesh, we'll be discussing two or three of our usual kind of questions, and also do an activity to [b]explore the narrative[/b] of this poem together.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/16/b7/4916b7f66e538b0ccbc89b3700eccbcd.gif[/img]

Hope to see you there![/quote]
[size=75][url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/2761?c=198199]Link to original comment[/url][/size][/spoiler][/quote]
[size=75][url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/2761?c=198390]Link to original comment[/url][/size][/quote]
[size=75][url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/profile.php?u=25683&c=1516526]Link to original comment[/url][/size][/quote]
[size=75][url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/profile.php?u=149699&c=1516556]Link to original comment[/url][/size]

^ maybe there's a limit to how many quotes can be inside each other before things get messed up?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Time: 10:15pm CST (it happened earlier too)
Description: I cannot get the bb code for coloring to work in wall posts. I'll copy the bb code exactly from a draft of a storybook post, delete the draft, then use the bb code for the wall post. I've tried it twice, and both, the color hasn't worked, and it's just shown the code instead of changing the color of the text. I was told it would work in wall posts, but it isn't working, so I figured I'd report it.
Operation system: I uh... I'm not sure? A Macbook Air, but I'm not sure if that answers the question.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

1227 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

@winterwolf0100 I think I may be able to help! Are you using the hexadecimal numbers (ie. it's a number followed by numbers and letters to represent a color) or the color name codes? Both should work in the forums, but on the people tab the hexadecimal option does not always work.

What I mean is #0000FF and blue should both look blue in the forums, but only the 2nd option will work on the people tab.

Code: Select all
[color=#0000FF]color[/color] <- this will work in the forums but not the people tab always.

[color=blue]color[/color] <- this should always work in the people tab & forums.

More color names that work on the people tab can be found here -> here

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:28 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Okay, thank you so much!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:35 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Browser: Safari

Operating System: IPad OS

Time: 12:30 am BST (it’s been going on for a long while — months)

Description: Most pictures posted specifically on the forum doesn’t load. The word “image” enclosed in a box is the only thing I could see no matter how many times I refresh the page.

This is what I see:
57951D12-619D-4AA1-97BE-A6633138CD06.jpeg
57951D12-619D-4AA1-97BE-A6633138CD06.jpeg (5.55 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:38 pm
MailicedeNamedy says...

Browser: Safari

Operation System: macOS (?) I don´t have a clue here, sorry. It´s a MacBook.

Time: 9:30 PM

Description: It is still the same problem, only on a new laptop. I want to write a reply, but it disappears again and also the buttons to write a reply are gone. Even after several reloads, nothing changes. BUT if I write only one line, then it works, with several lines, unfortunately, it does not work.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:27 pm
View Likes
someonewithsomethingtosay says...

I'm currently using a samsung chromebook so the operating system is chrome os and using the google chrome browser. I recently created a new account after having used this site a while back. I am unable to see the button that connects me to the chat room and have already reached out to someone else about this issue and recommended I report it as a bug. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

1227 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:47 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@someonewithsomethingtosay I believe you have to write 5 reviews before you can see the chatroom pop up. There used to be a system of needing to make 25 posts before it posts, but I think currently the 5 review system applies. I would try writing a few reviews for fellow members and see if that solves the issue. :) Welcome back to the site!

1227 Reviews

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:16 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

this is a little late, but a couple weeks ago I encountered this bug on the site, and just to be safe I want to report it here...

Browser: Internet
Time: couple weeks ago...

@BluesClues wrote:#releasethebees #classified
@TypoWithoutCoffee wrote:lol remember peeps when ppl ask u abt things u arent comfy with you must release the bees

Link to original comment

Link to original comment

1227 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:41 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Going to tag @Meshugenah and @Nate because I think only you two can fix the WFP Expiration Certificate thing that has come up again.

A few different folks have reported it, and it looks like it's popped up again. :]

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Subject: *.writerfeedpad.com
Issuer: R3
Expires on: Dec 8, 2021
Current date: Dec 8, 2021

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory