z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:03 pm
Nate says...

@Meandbooks and @Carlito ->> I was wondering why the teams were so empty! Thanks for letting me know. The problem should be fixed now.

@ScarlettFire ->> Odd, and thanks for letting me know. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but I'll look into as soon as I can.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Carlito says...

@Nate - it's fixed. Thank you! :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:51 pm
Rook says...

This work seems to be showing up twice in the green room and the urls are different for each link I followed, but I posted a comment on it and it posted on both...
Martyrs of a Holy War
Martyrs of a Holy War

edit: This one too:
Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:41 am
ScarlettFire says...

Nate wrote:@ScarlettFire ->> Odd, and thanks for letting me know. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but I'll look into as soon as I can.

Thanks! I don't know what was going on there, but it's fixed now. You're the best, Nate. ^^
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 pm
StellaThomas says...

Not a big deal, but if I get a notification about new posts in a Global Announcement (in this case, the RevMo thread), when I click on the notification I am told the requested topic does not exist. I assume this is because it's not in any one forum and would probably take a load of coding to fix something that is not that big a deal, but I figured I would mention it just in case you weren't aware!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

425 Reviews

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:13 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@fortis ->> Is it showing up after you click on "Load more reviews"? In any case, the urls are identical. One is the user friendly rewritten version, while the other is the real url. But, that you're seeing the real url is indeed a bug, so thank you for reporting it :)

@StellaThomas ->> That's one of those bugs I would probably never come across, so thank you for reporting it! I think it should be a pretty easy fix.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:33 pm
Rook says...

I'm not sure where "Load more reviews" is. Is it on the work's page itself? Or maybe you meant the "Load More" button at the bottom of the green room? Because I only caught it because I was opening every poem that was in the green room before review day, and I recognized the title as something I had read way earlier in the list, after several clicks of the load more button.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

425 Reviews

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:25 pm
Nate says...

@fortis ->> Haha, I'm an idiot sometimes. I did mean the "load more" button.

It looks like they're showing up as a result of a big in the Load More script. I'll have to review it to figure out what's going on. Thanks for the bug report.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:42 pm
artybirdy says...

Hi, @Nate!

Whenever I reply to people's comments on a review I submit, some weird symbols come up. Here's the recent one: work/klennon14/The-Rebels-Part-1-123220#c548788

This is happening a lot lately, on my phone and laptop. I use Google Chrome in both, but I'm not sure about the versions.

If you could do anything about it, I'd be grateful. Thanks!
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:36 pm
Lorelie says...

StellaThomas wrote:Not a big deal, but if I get a notification about new posts in a Global Announcement (in this case, the RevMo thread), when I click on the notification I am told the requested topic does not exist. I assume this is because it's not in any one forum and would probably take a load of coding to fix something that is not that big a deal, but I figured I would mention it just in case you weren't aware!

I used to have the same issue with the thread Nationbuilding: August Storybook Workshop but it eventually stopped at some point. If I removed the "unread" tag or had already seen the unread posts, the bug would simply not work.

2. [solved]

3. [solved]

Nate wrote:@Lorelie ->> You only earn 5 points for the first reply you make in a thread. Please see here for more details: You can now earn points in the Welcome Mat

The thread that earned me 5 points: Hello YWS! :-)
The thread that didn't earn me 5 points: Hey, I'm new here!

I've read both Squills 08/09/2015 - 08/15/2015 and You can now earn points in the Welcome Mat before I decided to try it out. Somehow I succeeded in the fourth reply to a 16-day-old topic from a 16-day-old member and failed in the second reply to a 1-day-old topic from a 3-day-old member. There's a shorter time lapse in the latter and the fact that I replied in the same month of topic creation.
Last edited by Lorelie on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal

425 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:39 pm
Vervain says...

@Lorelie as for your second bug, that's probably because quoted material (from the text) doesn't count towards your character count in a review. I put it in a word counter and took out the quotes you had from the text, and it was about 635 characters without spaces, which is near what you said it counted it as.
stay off the faerie paths

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:47 pm
Harker says...

StellaThomas wrote:Not a big deal, but if I get a notification about new posts in a Global Announcement (in this case, the RevMo thread), when I click on the notification I am told the requested topic does not exist.

I have the same issue with all threads that I'm subscribed to.
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

So I've been noticing recently that clubs have stopped doing the thing where if you make a wall post (not sure about forum posts) the club you made it in moves to the first spot on the main page of the clubs tab? Seems to be since the clubs update. Not a major crisis or anything, but it's a weird little bug I noticed.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:02 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

So, I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's just my computer, but when I go look at the Statistics page on the YWS homepage, I can't see any of the graphs. I can see the keys, but not the graphs themselves.

I'm on a PC with Windows 7, using Chrome (not sure of my version, though). I've attached a screenshot of the problem.
Attachments
Issue.PNG
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:07 am
Auxiira says...

I've had trouble accessing the site about... three times this week. I end up on the cloudfare page saying that everything is working except the actual site. ('ll screencap it the next time it comes up.) The site comes back up after a few minutes, but I though it'd be good to report it.

Latest version of chrome, windows 10. The latest crash was at about 11am GMT
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler