z

Young Writers Society

Teen Online Magazine Seeking Submissions

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 pm
lamariesusanne says...

Hello young writers;

I've been involved for some time in making the online magazin http://www.downtherabbithole.de.vu. We cover a variety of subjects ranging from reports on arts and sports to critiques addressing our society, parents as well as to creative writing! The only thing we require of our writers is to be willing to think critically and write with a unique voice. Our first issue was just published and the second one will follow on January 1st in 2014. We are still looking for some people who're interested in contributing to our magazine!

Who can enter? Basically everyone - we have no age preference nor care where you're from ;)
What can you submit? Articles that fit into one of our categories (just take a look at issue one;)) as well as poems, short fiction, drawings or other kinds of visual art.
Deadline? The deadline for pieces that want to make their way into issue no two is December 1st, but afterwards you can still submit for the following issues.

Please, take a look at our page for more information on what you can send in. Don't be afraid, we would love to read your pieces. We're looking forward to hearing you and including you in our magazine!

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 pm
Tenyo says...

Hey there!

So, I love the design of your website! It's really interesting, I like what you're trying to do with it.

Trying >.< That site is so broken.

There are links that don't work (including the Copyright one) and parts that disappear off the edge of my browser.

I just thought I'd mention because maybe that's why I can't find any of the information I'm looking for.

Do you or the entrée get paid for this?
What are the rules on entering a piece that has already been or soon to be published?
What are the legalities about who keeps the rights to the piece once it's been published in your magazine?
What are your policies in regards to minors?
We were born to be amazing.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:42 pm
View Likes
lamariesusanne says...

Hello Tenyo;

thank you so much for your reply; it's always great to hear what others have to say.

Indeed, we're still in the process of building up this page. It will be fully online by January 2014 when we will start posting two articles a week. Until then we're mainly looking for young writers who would like to contribute, so please feel welcome to submit what you've got ;)

Regarding your questions, I took a note and will add some more information to our Submission page. We're currently unable to pay our contributors and do not receive money for this site ourselves. You can send us things that have already been published but please tell us so in your e-mail. Also, if you're minor, you're also free to submit. If we publish what you have, you do keep the rights, meaning you can also publish it elsewhere, but after you submitted we gain the right to publish your work on our side.

We will check the links as soon as possible. Can you please tell us what your browser is?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:00 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

I'm using internet explorer. The problem is that the site doesn't fix to the window, so there's no scroll bar to go down the page.

You might want to hold off a little while before requesting submissions until your site is up and working. The internet is a scary place and we encourage our young writers so exercise a sense of reasonable caution in regards to these things.

Half-developed sites or contests placed on blogs, or those that don't state things like publishing rights, are usually things to be cautious of, especially if you're not an established organisation. You're probably not going to get the attention you want until you fix it all up.

Just a few tips that might help =]
We were born to be amazing.

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield