z

Young Writers Society

Siblíní, an art and literary journal for young artists

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:19 pm
siblinijournal says...

Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell you about Siblíní Journal, a new art and literary journal for high school and college-age artists and writers.

We offer special opportunities for young artists, both in literature and visual art, as well as hosting a student editorial panel. The aim of Siblíní is to create a unique relationship between artist, writer and editor -- and to merge and blend these art forms together to create something memorable and poignant.

One of Siblíní's distinctive features is that our magazine will be theme-focused. During each submission season we will choose a theme that both the art and the writing submissions will be inspired by.

When the magazine goes to print, we will feature the art and literature side-by-side, with the theme connecting them. This will be a distinctive way to display all the different nuances of a specific theme -- each artist brings a very specific viewpoint, but the entirety of the submissions will present a broad and beautiful view on a theme.

The second most important feature of Siblíní is our student editorial panel, who will provide feedback on all submissions, either accepted or rejected. The feedback the artist receives from Siblíní will be kind, honest feedback that will help them improve your work. This relationship -- between editor and artist -- is very neat and one that we hope will be mutually beneficial.

We are currently accepting submissions for inaugural issue! Please visit our website: www.siblinijournal.com to learn more about us, to submit, or to become an editor.

Thank you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

A few questions for you:

1- How do you plan on dealing with contracts to under 18s? There are specific legal guidelines to this.

2- Where do you accept submissions from? Internationally, or only from a specific country?

3- What is this issue's theme? I looked through your whole site and did not find any words on what this issue's theme would be, despite you saying that you wanted submissions inspired by the theme.

4- What defines "fancy photography editing"? Several people here are good photo editors, and the definitions of "fancy" might not match.

5- What is a .word format? I know pretty much every document style and .word does not exist.

6- How do you plan on promoting the journal once it is released? Will it be pay access, or free?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 am
photoleonne says...

Hi, I'm one of the Senior Editors. I've alerted OP of your reply and they should reply soon.

As far as I know everyone around the world can make a submission.

Thank you

Random avatar

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 pm
siblinijournal says...

I apologize for the delay in responding!

Here are the answers to your questions:
1. We request Exclusive Rights to accepted work, which gives us the right to publish the work without it appearing elsewhere at the same time. Exclusive Rights also grants us rights to the work for three months after publication. Once the exclusivity period has ended, the author/artist is free to publish their work elsewhere.

2. Internationally.

3. Our current theme is "morning."

4. Heavily manipulated. Although we're not against edited photos, we still want the original, real photograph to shine through. This is a very objective area -- even if you're not sure where your photograph falls, feel free to submit it anyway.

5. That is a typo that has since been corrected.

6. It will be a print journal, not online. Because of printing costs, there will be a small charge. We are promoting it online as well as promoting it with local area schools of our editors and submitters. Spread the word!

Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:28 am
Rosendorn says...

Sorry for the delay in responding again.

1- You unfortunately did not answer my question. Contracts with under 18s require a physical signature (aka, mailed contract) and a guardian's signature.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale