z

Young Writers Society

The Macabre Project 2013

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:06 pm
macabreproject says...

The Macabre Project 2013 is a literary project aimed at amateur authors of horror, gothic, fantasy and mistery stories. It's goal is to gather a large number of amateur literary works, select the best ones and publish them in both, a printed and digital collection, giving the authors a chance to get published and also to promote this exciting genre.

At this stage we are currently collecting the stories from authors worldwide, so don't be shy - if you think you have a great story that should be a part of this project feel free to send it to us along with a short bio.

For more information check out: http://macabreproject2013.weebly.com/index.html

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Questions for you:

1- Will the authors get paid for these submissions if they are published?

2- Do you keep ahold of the stories after they are submitted, or if a work is turned down then does the author retain the rights to their work?

3- What defines "gothic, horror, fantasy and mystery"? These are very broad genre categories and some fantasy works are about as fluffy as a baby rabbit.

4- What should be included in the bio?

5- How do we know you will judge submissions fairly on the quality of the text when I spotted two grammar errors in this post and four across various pages on your website?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:58 pm
Juniper says...

Rosey raises some very good questions, but I have one of my own:

Your website states that no work will be published without the author's permission. How familiar are you with publishing rights for works by someone under the age of 18? Are you prepared to draft and collect signed contracts from each member, plus additional ones for parental consent to publish? What rights are outlined in this "permission"?
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:10 am
noninjaes says...

When submitting works, do the authors keep all respective rights?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 pm
KnightTeen says...

When are these works due? I have a fantasy novel, but I'm still in the editing process.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

Reviews: 2
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:45 pm
RainyDay says...

The link isn't working for me - anyone else having trouble?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:46 pm
zohali93 says...

It says the site hasn't been published yet...
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green