z

Young Writers Society

Paid writing opportunity for a sci-fi and fantasy writer.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 am
View Likes
freezingwreck says...

Paid writing opportunity for a sci-fi and fantasy writer. (ESPECIALLY STEAMPUNK WRITERS!)

Hello YoungWritersSociety, I am here to talk about an opportunity that I am personally putting forth. This goes to anyone that can write a mature sci-fi or fantasy story but I am looking for qualified writers who can contribute to a specific fictional story.
I have been looking for a good co-author for a certain project for a while now, but I have been through a very bad streak of people, but now I am now willing to pay for a dedicated writer that can deliver quality work and follow instructions.

The type of person Im looking for:

Someone that can actually deliver good and interesting stories
Someone that is resourceful and knows how to do basic research
Someone that can write mature themes and draw inspiration from real life
Someone that is mature enough to work for under a boss
Someone with good writing skills
Someone that can communicate regularly
Someone that is willing to work long term
Someone who understands the fantasy and sci fi genres

The thing you will be doing is helping me craft and enhance a work of fiction that I have pre-established. You will be correcting grammar, writing intricate narrative paths, and contributing to the development of the project. The specific project you will helping me with a steampunk inspired ebook.

The story you will help me make is mixture of fantasy and sci-fi the very essence which make up steampunk. It is orientated towards young adults and is about a young gendarme named Anton Serrano.

To qualify please give links to 3 different posts to your portfolio which you think best represents your level of work and that follows the genre of fantasy, sci-fi, or steam-punk. (other genres such as super natural may be applicable.)

You will be compensated for you work. I am flexible to how you can be reimbursed. I can pay you by check, pay pal, gift cards or by other means. You will get 100 dollars worth every month for as long as you deliver quality work or until the work is completed. I am looking for someone that can finish a novel length work and see this project to the end.

No specific due date, will probably close before may 31st, may close early if I find someone Im certain is a good writer.
Last edited by freezingwreck on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon May 20, 2013 4:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

So basically a ghostwriter?

One question: If this work/these works ever get published, would the co-author's name appear on the work? Or would it solely be your name?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2013 9:04 pm
freezingwreck says...

If thats what you want to call it but not really. I believe I will write a greater amount than whoever gets the position so I will personally be contributing a great deal to the work myself. Their name will be included.
Last edited by freezingwreck on Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

I did not ask if their work would be included. I asked if their work would be credited. Ie- If their name would show up along with yours as an author of the work, or if only your name would show up as the author of the work.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm
freezingwreck says...

Yes I meant their names will be included.

Reviews: 2
Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 pm
opaquewillow says...

I think it would also be good to include a little synopsis of your book or where you want it to head, some sample chapters maybe so we can see what it is we would be committing to.

It would also be good to include the minimum work for the $100 a month. Do you have a set limit of words to be written or chapters to have edited?

Unfortunately I don't have time for a commitment like that myself. I work a full time job and barely have enough time to work on my own novel.

Good luck though! And make sure when you find somebody you get everything in writing and signed by both of you.

9 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 pm
freezingwreck says...

Because it is a 'choose your own adventure' ebook there will be multiple directions. So there will be a fair amount of flexibility to it.

I will try to be flexible and expect that the amount of pages the person will write will vary from month to month so heres a rubric to what i expect

less than 10 pages a month= not worth my money

10 - 15 = poor

15-20 = fair

20-25 = good

25-30 = great

above 30 = amazing!

And I estimate a page being 450 words.
Last edited by freezingwreck on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault