z

Young Writers Society

Save the Frogs Poetry Contest!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am
AlfredSymon says...

I love amphibians, how about you? If you do, why not join the Save the Frogs Poetry Contest! This is an annual contest aimed to promote saving the frog population through literature. I know everyone here likes frogs and, if you don't like frogs per se, animals, so why not join?

Here are the mechanics for the contest, quoted from the website itself:
Who can enter?
Anybody! We encourage students and teachers to get their writing classes involved on Save The Frogs Day. We encourage amateur and professional poets to take part as well. And the more countries represented the better! Did we mention that it is indeed FREE to enter the contest?

"I had my students in 2nd through 5th grades create poems to enter into your contest. They had such a blast doing this and learning about frogs."
-- Carrie Mateja, Librarian, St. Matthews Elementary, Louisville, KY

How do I write a Frog Poem?
We welcome any poems that mention frogs, salamanders, newts, toads, caecilians, amphibians, savethefrogs.com, and/or SAVE THE FROGS!

Here are some ideas for your frog poems:

(1) Find out about a particular kind of frog and describe the world from that frog’s point of view.

(2) What if you found the last frogs alive on the planet … What would you do? How would you feel?

(3) Write a poem that makes the reader understand the importance of saving frogs, or one that makes them realize the danger frogs are in.

(4) Write a poem about any of the threats to frogs.

(5) Write a poem about how ridiculously cool frogs are!

(6) Imagine all kinds of brave, extravagant and daring ways in which you could save the frogs. Check out our How to Help page.

Prizes
Did we mention that there will be prizes? Aside from fame and the admiration of your peers, the Grand Prize Winner and Honorable Mentions may all see their poems featured in a book of Frog Poetry we will produce. Contest winners will also be acknowledged on this website, alongside a copy of their poem. And to top it off:

The Grand Prize Winner will:
(1) Receive $100 CASH (or check!).

(2) Receive $75 worth of "Frog Cash" to be used for any of the cool, environmentally-friendly merchandise in the SAVE THE FROGS! Gift Center.

(3) Become an official judge of next year's SAVE THE FROGS! Poetry Contest.

(4) Receive frog fame!

The 2nd and 3rd Place Winners will:

(1) Receive $75 worth of "Frog Cash" to be used for any of the cool, environmentally-friendly merchandise in the SAVE THE FROGS! Gift Center.

(2) Receive frog fame!

Categories
As past years' contests have proven that amazing poetry comes from people of all ages, there will be no special categories.

Contest Rules
(1) Submitted poetry must be your original creation!

(2) Be sure to mention at least one of the following: frogs, salamanders, newts, toads, caecilians, amphibians, savethefrogs.com, and/or SAVE THE FROGS!

(3) You may submit up to two poems. Please always give us the title of each poem. Please do NOT name your poems "Save The Frogs".

(4) Submission of poetry constitutes your agreement to the Poetry Contest Terms & Conditions. Please read these over, as they describe your rights to the submitted poetry as well as ours.

(5) All entries are to be submitted no later than 11:59pm U.S. Eastern Time on October 15th, 2012. Email submissions must be RECEIVED by October 15th, 2012. Mail-in entries must be POSTMARKED by October 15th, 2012.

Once again, the contest runs from January 15th to October 15th so you have a lot of time to prepare. Good luck YWSers! Let's save the FROGGIES :)

Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 pm
Harker says...

Oh… I did this. :)
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:48 am
hnoor0033 says...

Pinoytut is a blogger resources site that provides latest globe promos, smart promos,mobile reviews,blogger tutorial and make money online. The main mission of pinoytut is to provide the best quality blogger review.

https://www.pinoytut.blogspot.com/

grammar is hard and i dislike it immensely
— Icon