z

Young Writers Society

The Apprentice Writer [hs students -- Mar 15 deadline]

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:34 pm
Hannah says...

Check out this page for all the submission deadlines pertaining to The Apprentice Writer, a journal published by Susquehanna University. Here's some information from their page:

"The Apprentice Writer publishes poems, stories and personal essays by high school students from a twenty-state area. It has a circulation of 11,000 and is distributed each September. In its 31st year, it is edited and produced, in part, by Susquehanna writing students."

You have some time, but not as much as you think you do. Start a story now and publish it before the deadline. As it says on the page, you'll be notified of acceptance on Mar 15 and published in September. Go for it, YWSers.

Also, if you've set your eye on this contest and want help with reviews or workshopping your piece, PLEASE send me a private message and I'll definitely help you shoot for your goal!

Good luck. :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Again, another opportunity someone like me who lives in the far, far east can join in! :( Pooosh!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm
crossroads says...

alfredsymon wrote:Again, another opportunity someone like me who lives in the far, far east can join in! :( Pooosh!

Not so far in east, but I can't join either :/
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 pm
Cspr says...

-raises hand- Um, I may be able to submit, but I couldn't find any information on which places one can live and which one cannot live? I understand you have to be from the U.S., but otherwise?
My SPD senses are tingling.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson