Young Writers Society

Harper Collins takes unsolicited manuscripts in October

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Ran across this today.

Harper Voyager is the Sci-Fi/Fantasy imprint of publisher Harper Collins. Voyager publishes authors like George R. R. Martin, Kim Harrison, Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb, Richard Kadrey, Sara Douglass, Peter V. Brett and Kylie Chan. For the first time in over a decade, Voyager will be taking unsolicited manuscripts between October 1st and October 14th. Big, legitimate publishers like Harper Collins don't just take unsolicited, unagented manuscripts like this so this is a fantastic opportunity if you have something that meets their guidelines!

It appears the manuscripts they end up taking will only be published digitally (i.e. ebooks), but it is still an excellent opportunity to get work out there with the backing of a notable publisher. The guidelines on what and how to submit can be found by following that link and reading the full information for yourself (always read all the information and guidelines, and understand what it means, especially when you're dealing with your own intellectual property! :) )
Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 am
View Likes
NightWriter says...

That's so exciting!
I don't write, really, in Sci-Fi or Fantasy genre, but I know what a big deal that is! Especially for Harper Collins!!!
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin