z

Young Writers Society

YA Writing Contest - Winner Gets Published!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:48 pm
View Likes
EllenBrock says...

Euterpe, the YA and MG imprint of Musa Publishing, is holding a writing contest for writers between ages 11 and 21. The theme is The End of the World, and submissions are due by September 1st.

The winning story will be published as an ebook, including professional editing and cover art. Runner-ups will receive gift cards for free books.

Check out the rules here: http://euterpe-ya.blogspot.com/p/quarterly-contest.html

Euterpe is also accepting regular non-contest submissions for works from 5k to 120k.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

I tend to find that publishing houses that use blogspot as a key means of outreach are publishing houses that won't get your book very far. Also as far as I can tell this one mainly markets through sites like amazon and smashwords where an author could easily publish their own.

The main issue I have with this is the lack of contract details available, only a dead link. Never accept a publishing offer from someone who does this, because the contract could have a Lifetime Sole Publishing clause which means that if they publish your book and make a mess of the whole ordeal, you then can't go to another publisher with the same book.

Not that I'm judging, but I would say never enter a contest in which the contract details are not provided.
We were born to be amazing.

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix