z

Young Writers Society

Tongue In Cheek Undergraduate Literary Magazine

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Hey all! As a part of a class project, I - as well as a group of my classmates - am putting together a one-time online literary magazine to showcase undergraduate (meaning you're attending a university in the U.S. or anywhere in the world - if you're a graduate student, though, we're sorry but we can't accept your work) fiction, poetry, and art. Our call for submissions is below:

Tongue in Cheek is looking for submissions that refuse to take themselves seriously, or demand to be taken lightly. We are mostly looking for works with a sense of humor. Bring on the silly and the sarcastic, be bold, surprise us! (That being said, we will not accept submissions of erotica or works featuring graphic violence or gore. Even if it’s funny.)

Length for prose: 3,000 words max. For poetry, submit 2-3 poems. For submissions in another medium, such as art, photography, or video, we only ask that you adhere to the overall theme of the publication. You are free to be as original and different as you like. Payment is available in your choice of the following: high-fives, back-pats, handshakes, or platonic hugs.
Simply send us your work via e-mail, to tongueincheekmag@gmail.com, including your name and a short blurb about yourself. Written works should be submitted in the form of a word document, (.doc, .docx). Simultaneous submissions are not only completely fine, we encourage them! Just inform us immediately if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere. For anything we publish, ALL rights are retained by the author/creator.

Our submission deadline is April 15th, 2012.

Our Facebook page
Our website
Or follow us on Twitter @TongueNCheekMag

Even if you don't submit, or our specifications don't meet the writer you are, we'd appreciate any support by likes, follows, or just by reading the magazine when we publish online in April!
Got YWS?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:39 am
PenguinAttack says...

I wanted to throw my support out there for this! I don't qualify anymore, but I would have done it if I could have. <33
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Lauren, I just finished High school, but haven't yet started college. Do I cut it?
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:35 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Musica - Yeah, sure! xD I vote yes, so submit away!
Got YWS?

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:58 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

I'm not sure how Sassy this is, but here's to giving it a shot. ;)

Course And Destination is a poem. :3

EDIT: Just realized that I had to send it via e-mail and not post it along here. xD

Kthxbai.
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:59 am
Lava says...

I hath sent!

:D
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Ghosts, demons, and ghouls cannot scare the cat's underling.
— TheMulticoloredCyr