z

Young Writers Society

Careful of JustFiction! Edition -- SCAM

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:06 am
silentpages says...

Not sure if this is the right place for this (Mods, feel free to move it or whatever) but I figured I'd post a warning.

There's a scam that's been going around among Inkpop users. People have been getting emails from JustFiction! Edition (an E. Davis, to be exact) claiming that they want to publish your manuscript "At no cost to you, of course."

Ha ha.

I'd already seen the thread discussing it, and it's pretty sketchy in any case, but to my great amusement one of these emails popped up in my own inbox:

Dear Ms Silent Pages,

I am writing on behalf of a new international publishing house, JustFiction! Edition.

In the course of a web-research I came across a reference of your manuscript Vermin and it has caught my attention.

We are a publisher recognized worldwide, whose aim it is to help talented but international yet unknown authors to publish their manuscripts supported by our experience of publishing and to make their writing available to a wider audience.

JustFiction! Edition would be especially interested in publishing your manuscript as an e-book and in the form of a printed book and all this at no cost to you, of course.

If you are interested in a co-operation I would be glad to send you an e-mail with further information in an attachment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Evelyn Davis
Acquisition Editor

Just Fiction! Edition is a trademark of:
LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG
Dudweiler Landstr. 99
66123 Saarbrücken
Germany

Sketchy, right?

And if you don't want to take my word for it...

http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2011/08/solicitation-alerts-justfiction-edition.html

I haven't heard of any YWS users getting these emails yet, but I figured I'd put the word out just in case.

Be smart, people. ;)
"Pay Attention. Pay Close Attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll know what no one else knows. What you get is what you get. What you do with what you get is more the point. -- Loris Harrow, City of Ember (Movie)

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:04 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Ha, I'd actually just received one of these lately and just trashed it. Didn't even think to warn YWSers in general. You are a better member than me. *fails*
I am reminded of the babe by you.

162 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:36 pm
silentpages says...

Nah, it's fine. XD I just figured I'd spread the word, just in case.
"Pay Attention. Pay Close Attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll know what no one else knows. What you get is what you get. What you do with what you get is more the point. -- Loris Harrow, City of Ember (Movie)

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 pm
View Likes
borntobeawriter says...

Thanks for the warning Ms. Silent Pages LOL

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:02 pm
annaswanson48 says...

I feel bad. I half fell for it. . . *palm2face* BTW, they have personalized the emails more. XD They put your novel title in the subject line. I was like, "OMG! They're talking about MY novel!"
Thank you so much for this thread!

162 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 pm
silentpages says...

No problem. ^^

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous