z

Young Writers Society

247tales (Short Story Competitions)

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm
Sins says...

This competition is for residents of the UK only, sorry.

247tales.wordpress.com is quite a good website for the younger half of YWS. The contests are held monthly and are pretty simple. It's easy enough to submit an entry, plus there is no entry fee. It seems like a friendly site and it's definitely a good place to start if you don't think you're ready to submit a piece of yours to any huge sites just yet. 247tales holds contests where you have to write stories of up to 247 words. You must be between the ages of 10 and 16 to enter.

Welcome to 247tales, the online writing competition that challenges you to write short stories using 247 words or fewer.

The prize for the winning story is £75 worth of Bloomsbury Children’s books plus a framed copy of your winning story. The winning story will appear on the home page of this website and ten runners-up will receive signed copies of the guest author’s latest book and their stories will appear on the website as well.

Click here for more details.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest