Young Writers Society

Call for poetry and art submissions! COOP Zine

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:49 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Something exciting is about to hatch!

Hi chicken wrtiters and artists! A quick update on our project from your COOP: chickens of our poetry editor team: we've been drafting things up and are so excited to get the final copy out soon! In the mean time, did you know we have a website you can check out: coopzine official website .

You can also follow COOP: chickens of our poetry over on twitter (@COOPZine), tumblr, & instagram for all of your chicken poetry & art hype! We'll be promoting our zine over on all the socials once it's out, so you can help us by following if you'd like! :) We are so thankful for all the writers and artists who have contributed to this project and think you're going to love the final product.

Until then, don't count your eggs before they hatch! Stay chickeny! :smt117:
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:56 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hello, hello have you heard the news?! The one and only COOP: chickens of our poetry zine is about to spread its wings & is going to hatch tomorrow! That means...

one more day ... until ... CHICKENS!

This Unique Zine will feature:
> Original Chicken Art crafted up by some very talented YWSers!
> Original Chicken Poetry written by some of your best YWS friends!
> Possibly some Chicken Puns in the Editor's Notes ...

Watch out for the Zine release on our official website & here on YWS! Soon you'll be able to print this egg-citing edition and share near and far with your friends, parents, grandparents, enemies, teachers, #chickens, people who pretend to be chickens, chicken-supporters, chicken-enthusiasts, local librarians, coffee shops, #unclassified members, #classified members, etc... We want these feathers floating all over! :smt117

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

It's Here!

The first COOP: chickens of our poetry zine has hatched!
You can check out our website's archive
or use these links to go straight to the PDFs:

This is the print PDF, meant to be printed!
Printing instructions: Print double-sided, flipping pages on short edge. Fold in half and staple on the spine.

Here is the digital file. Although we think COOP is best experienced in print, we understand that not everyone has access to a printer. If you just want to read COOP digitally, this PDF is for you.

We encourage you to print as many as you want to, and distribute them far and wide! Spread the love of chickens to your friends, family, teachers, and local and online communities!

:smt117
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:41 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

(Paging all contributors! Thank you so much for your contribution to our chickeny little zine!!)
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1227 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:24 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Chicken Fan Club wrote:Shameless plug from @alliyah + @fortis!! Our chicken poetry + chicken art zine is almost full for the 2nd Zine Edition! So if you've been waiting to submit to COOP ~ be sure to get your chickens gathered up by August 1 (also if you're iffy on posting through the submission form if you're a YWSer you can always PM your entries to either of us (as long as you're going by an author alias) and we'll be sure to consider it for our next edition!

And if you don't have any chickens to share at the moment, please just keep your eyes open for our next edition - we'll be sure to share the digital version on YWS when it's ready to hatch! We're really looking forward to sharing the next edition of the zine with you since the all-ywser one turned out so neat!

More info about submission guidelines for our second edition here.

Link to original comment

1227 Reviews

Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:10 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

COOP still has ongoing calls for poetry and art related to chickens! You can check out the instructions and requirements here: https://coopzine.wordpress.com/

Also we are getting ready to publish a special edition that instead of being about chickens is entitled "Duck, Duck, Goose" so ... you guessed it! We are looking for duck and goose themed poetry and art! So if you have any of that (maybe from the search for the Golden Goose) check out our submission info over on our site.

If you have any questions or concerns contact myself or @Rook! We'd love to have more YWS authors and artists involved with our next issue~

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451