YWS' 16th Birthday [2020]

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:02 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Happy Sweet Sixteen, YWS!

Most of you probably know that it's a tradition to make anyone's sixteenth birthday special. This year, it's YWS' sixteenth birthday, so let's make it as wonderful as possible. :)

For this year, it's been decided that all of you will share your special moments on the site so @Carina can put them together to make a short video!

What Am I Supposed To Do?

All you have to do is attatch a screenshot of your favorite YWS memory to a reply to this post, and you are more than welcome to attatch more than one! The deadline will be the 5th of December, that's three whole weeks, my friends, so try to get them in before then, although I don't think it'll be a problem.

Feel free to ask any other questions below!

*insert quirky signature here*

Random avatar

Reviews: 63

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:08 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

My storybook The Outlands being completed was a huge 2020 yws highlight :,)

Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:09 am
View Likes
Carina says...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YWS! Gosh, I can't believe it has been nine years since I've joined this site... I come and go, but even when I'm not currently around, I know I will eventually bounce back because it's my permanent internet home. :')

I'd like to start off this post with our awesome guestbook from the birthday chat party! It was chaotic and lovely and wonderful. <3

And now... on to my favorite memories on YWS! I've stockpiled random screenshots since 2013, and I've got to say, my favorite memories were the earliest ones during that year. It's funny, because I was sixteen in 2013, and here I am now, reminiscing about those days when YWS is sixteen!

This was the very first Storybook I joined that hooked me back into YWS in the first place, and I have to admit, it's still my favorite Storybook! Shoutout to @Noelle for making it <3

This picture captures the chaos back then perfectly, and if I had to share only one screenshot, it would be this lol

I've made some close friends from 2013, two of which I met in real life! (*cough* @Iggy *cough* @veeren) So now let's start with some good ole trollin' between the friends!

This bird was my avatar for the longest time until I changed it this year, and I'd like to think I dominated veeren's profile for a bit. ;)

...but veeren also dominated mine, so I guess we were even

BUT DON'T WORRY, I dominated Iggy's wall. ;)

And through it all, I made an innocuous comment on veeren's wall that resulted in a giant swarm of people to come in and comment. Seven years and 500+ comments later, it resulted in YWS Record of number of comments on a wall post!

And finally, my favorite screenshot...

I will never not laugh at this.

That sums up all the screenshots I've been wanting to share, but I have so many memories of other people I'd like to mention! @Vincian @ShadowVyper @soundofmind @Tuckster @Mea @Magebird have all been wonderful friends and has made this year super awesome and... thank u for just, being u and existing :,)

I can't wait to celebrate even more YWS birthdays in the future <3
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:20 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

I haven't been around for too long and haven't met too many people but the memories I've had thus far have been spectacular and brightened my days more times than I can count <3

20201115_141331.jpg
When @SilverNight couldn't believe I and @HarryHardy used Comic Sans

20201115_141445.jpg
When I and Harry turned out to be higher beings of power

20201115_141501.jpg
When war was waged XD
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:28 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

20201115_140204.jpg
When @Andrewknorpp and I were present during the historic moment that @Vil asked his crush out

20201115_141658.jpg
When @Carina and I greeted each other when bored to death

20201115_132534.jpg
When I was framed for murder by @Vil XD. And poor @starlitmind lost a dear potato
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:33 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

But these are just a few that I could find! I've had so many more amazing times with so many more wonderful people like @IcyFlame @LittleLee @alliyah @Liberty @LordMomo @Nymeria ! And @Arcticus is always adding amazing moments with his wall posts! XD

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:14 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

OK let's do this WOO

First off, finishing The Celebrity Conundrum with @Liberty is definitely on the top of my list. Also, writing with you Lib was amazing!

and let's not forget when @andrewknorpp related to my dog staring at the sky, being thirsty, knocking her cage sideways, and creepily staring up at the sky

also remember this?:

I haven't updated the unofficial YWS Map in a while lol, but if you want to be added, ill still add you!

and lets not forget when @lulon challenged me to the british accent challenge and i said i would do it
Imagebro it wouldnt let me crop this photo for some reasonImage

also i this little post on my wall by @JabberHut made me very happy thank you very much for that

and when lib called me smart and people ask me questions about cars and such in my thread those make me happy

oh and lets not forget when @soundofmind drew the An Unexpected Time characters!! (yes this is the last thing dont worry)
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Random avatar

Reviews: 63
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:30 pm
View Likes
NastyMajesty says...

Me, teaching my buddy how to do spoilers... xD
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 1.29.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 1.29.05 PM.png

70 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:02 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

I'm sorry I know I already posted XD but...

20201118_123037.jpg

I couldn't resist XD

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 pm
View Likes
YeOldeYorick says...

As we near the eve of this sweet day of birth, I would like to applaud these dead dreams

Woken from slumber, from days of dread wonder, as far back as 2018

Hail to Young Writers! Hail to the Prophets! May we invent lightnings galore!
Press on even further! Dream dreams even deeper!

Ever and forevermore.
Attachments
yothing.jpg

WHEN THE REAPER DOTH LAY DOWN HIS TERRIBLE SCYTHE TO FOLLOW THE WARM WEATHER WEST

YORICK, PUT BACK ON YOUR DANCING SHOES, AND RISE UP TO CALL FORTH THE NEXT.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:59 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

I have an actual folder in my computer called "YWS Memories" because I'm nostalgic like that, so it is really hard to curate this to just a few memories! But here's some of my favorites...

Friends this is the first digital art I posted on YWS because someone was having a contest for "best puppy picture" and idk if I thought it was impressive at the time or what, but have a look! (Under the spoiler)
Spoiler! :
Image I smile and laugh literally every time I see this thing. Love it.

January 20, 2017, becoming moldy! beautiful art by Magebird

This is obviously a bit YWS highlight! I became a JM this day with @CaptainJack & @Magebird, and Mage was kind enough to draw this festive picture to celebrate. I love it, and share it every year on our modversary. :)

Before there was classified... there were the faction wars
Image YWS Faction Wars, not my screen shot, but man this was a cool day. I was part of the winning bee faction of course! #LongLiveBigBrother

Pretty much everything involving classified/unclassified is my favorite memory
Spoiler! :
Image our original petition

The 100,000 point-drive, April 20, 2020
Points courtesy: @LZPianoGirl, @Liberty, @EverLight, @ShapeofVoid, @tgirly, @Magebird, @Hkumar, @mellifera, @Que, @Mea, @Arcticus, @LadyVendetta, @Awru, @CaptainJack This is from that time I asked YWS to give me 100,000 points and people took me seriously and gave me 100,000 points so that I could have an aesthetically pleasing number. <3 You are all incredible.

Bird Doodles for YWSers ~
Spoiler! :
Image(I swear one day Lib and I will finish writing those reviews we promised for the checklist challenge champs)

Artsy Edits & Bird Doodles
So I love sharing my meager bird doodling and picture editing skills with the site on occasion, but sometimes on YWS other people have also gifted me beautiful doodles / drawings / edits and here's a collection of some I've saved ...
Spoiler! :

@CaptainJack made that review banner for me for RevMo! Jack also drew an alligator for me that I additionally love with my whole heart.

@starlitmind drew this bird for me and I love it so much

@Arcticus drew me as a bird and it is scarily accurate.

@Vulcanite made this little edit for me once and I love it!

I save all my YWS Secret Santa gifts each year and all the poems people have written for me throughout the year too, and I definitely appreciate all the kindness (& talent!) around the site! <3

Write-Ins
One of my very favorite parts of YWS is the write-in culture that's bloomed in the last few years, and of course one of my favorite things to do in write-ins is ... procrastinate on actually writing by helping make @BluesClues' <3 banners even more delightful. Here's one that I kept a screenshot of.

I also loved that time we had a St Patrick's Day party in a write-in because ... covid. And most of us even swapped to green colors.

Trolling Making Friends on the People Tab

Featuring @Sheyren's poetic amusements.

The time my profile was finally totally dark cyan
Love watching everyone coordinate their profiles each year for RevMo, dark cyan is clearly my favorite though! :D

NaPo 2019 with these delightful paint-chips for each poem. Image

This nonsense in chat during 2020 Napo
love the chaos involved in the YWS chatroom... Here's some featuring @Liberty, @Fortis, @Sachiko, @Lavvie, & @EverLight

That one time there was so much chicken poetry
Featuring @Holysocks @soundofmind @LadyGemstone and many others wrote chicken poems that I loved and adored as well.

speaking of chickens... that one time @CaptainJack put a chicken in the middle of my kotgr review log to try to distract me on the quest for a unicorn

Okay that's enough ~ hope you enjoyed! <3 Thanks for all the memories YWS! <3
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:37 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Okay I seam to be really late to the party but I have to say, YWS has been a great place to talk to people, sins I don't really like talking to people face to face really.
Spoiler! :

Thanks @alliyah I keep this bird doodle in a folder of YWS avatars, its a great gift :D <3333

also miss talking to @LadyGemstone she was so easy to talk to when I was going though some hard things in my life. :) <3333

also @BluesClues I love talking to you all in the writer feed pads, and I wish that I was on the pads more often to speak to you more. :) <3333

I cannot forget @HarryHardy the great reviewer of all the story's, every time I think about posting a chapter of a story or something I no it will get reviewed or even just a look at, I also no who to talk to when it comes to books. :D <3333

I don't no what I'd be without YWS, because I don't have friends really and this just makes it so that I can talk to people. So Happy late Birthday YWS. I no I was quit late but anyways.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'll probably return to this thread sometime in the next few days to add more to this post, but the first thing that came to mind was the Vodquila Gang. I wrote about it back in my entry for the 2018 YWS Yearbook, but it all started with a roleplay that @Featherstone was running. Once @SirenCymbaline, @soundofmind, @ChristenedPages and I joined, we all just clicked - and so did the characters!

We even made a prequel roleplay called Truth or Dare where the characters of Vodquila met as kids.

The amount of scheming that went behind both was incredibly detailed and fun, and I still get excited every time I reread the two threads. The time when those two roleplays were alive and kicking has to be one of my fondest moments here on YWS. <3

There was also that time I one-upped Marvel's most ambitious crossover event with my Infinity War storybook after building up the crossovers in the RP Realm for at least a year:

This is the actual storybook!

And this was our impressive cast list, which all came from different storybooks and roleplays I had run over the years.

I even sent everyone who was involved in one of the roleplays or storybooks that had something to do with Kartiel a fancy invite like this one...

...which ended up being a lot of personalized invites.

There was The Lost City, which I wrote over the course of two years with Siren, sound, @TheSilverFox and @RaidenCheese. It was also the place where my sneaky roleplay crossovers started - and where I first wrote the characters of my now published podcast.

And last, but definitely not least, there was that time where Pages and Siren revealed that their characters from Vodquila and Truth or Dare had been steadily falling in love over numerous roleplays during a dance in The Masquerade.

This is one of the posts where it suddenly hit me that they were going to be a couple - I remember asking Siren and Pages if it was weird to ship them, and was quickly told that I was supposed to be. :P

It's probably pretty clear from all of these screenshots, but my best memories here on YWS are the ones I've made with the friends I've met through storybooking and roleplaying. YWS as a whole has always been incredibly friendly and amazing, but there's something special about spending so much time working on a story with other people.

Happy 16th birthday, YWS. <3 <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:39 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Too lazy for screenshots, and any good ones I might've had would be on my old computer which sort of runs but not really.

Niteowl's (belated) 5000 Post Party!

My 5000th post party in 2015 (I'm now up to 6328, with an average of 1.08 posts per day and 0.47% of all posts).

One Word Story Book

The end of the first One Word Storybook seems fitting.

The first gift for our 100th member!
Have I mentioned that I hate being a Newbie?

Over time, the gifting system seemed to evolve from the self-imposed pressure of greeting every single member (I eventually went to every active member and then more like every sometimes and it's now been years since I've rolled out the welcome mat). I would tell bad jokes, insert unrelated anecdotes about my life, and use an obscene amount of caps and exclamation points. Eventually, I evolved a cheesy announcer character, Charlie. Here's an example: Hello...the dork has arrived... (side note: I don't have screenshots of April Fool's pranks but I wish I did. There's been some elaborate ones over the years).

Maybe I can try to boot up the dead computer and find some screenshots.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

"You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein