Young Writers Society

Novelyze is saying you hello :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:32 am
View Likes
Novelyze says...

Hello everyone!

I'm Michael and I'm a software engineer. Maybe I'm not writing beautiful novels but I can write beautiful code. I and my friend are creating something that might be interesting for you!

We're going to launch a brand-new platform related to interactive fiction.
Currently, we are looking for writers that would be willing to create stories on our platform.
We are still at quite an early stage so for the first writers we offer favorable financial conditions.

To find out more visit our website https://novelyze.com/writers/.
You can reach us out also via email: contact@novelyze.com.

Please let me know what do you think about the idea. If you have any suggestions or questions don't hesitate to write here or on email.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:32 pm
View Likes
Asith says...

So, from what little I gather, this is legitimate and not like those welcome mat spam posts we usually get, for anyone wondering. I'm not really an interactive fiction writer -- or reader for that matter -- but it's still an intriguing idea.

First off, what exactly is the premise here?
Writers post their interactive fiction (choose your own adventure, I presume?) on your website, which readers get to read at their leisure is the picture I'm getting, but it's not entirely clear. A large question is how freely writers get to post their work -- is it anything goes like Wattpad or here, or are you going to be making sure every single story is up to your standards before they go live? Also, what size writer-base are you aiming for?

I also have a bunch of questions about the reader-side; is this a free service, or a readers going to have to pay to read?
I guess they're going to get recommended certain stories based on an algorithm and their interests? Is this essentially the youtube or spotify for interactive fiction, as far as readers are concerned?

Oh, and let's not forget about the monetization. Thank you for creating something where writers are to be paid for their work, but there's not much information about how they get paid. I understand not wanting to post details of that, but some information as to how the royalties work would be nice! (This also ties in to whether this is a free service for the readers or not.)

The more I think about it, the more I'd love to see a working model of this. Any plans to release a readable story anytime soon?

This was a bit of a heavy post to come from someone who probably wasn't your target audience, but hopefully it intrigues someone else here to look into your service

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Random avatar

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:43 pm
Novelyze says...

First of all, thank you for your interest :)

For now, that would be an interactive story platform only.

What will the platform comprise?
1. Visual editor for authors, allowing them to easily manage the creation process.
2. A marketplace where you can easily buy or sell interactive stories.
3. An app for readers that will be available on Android, IOS and Kindle.

How it would work?

From the writer's perspective
We want to make the whole process as easy as possible. We know that creating such stories may be more complicated that's why we will provide a visual editor. When the book/story is ready, you set the price (it could be free too) and then publish the story on our marketplace. That's it.

From the reader's perspective
You lunch the app where the whole marketplace is located then you choose the story you want to read. Pay for it if it is not free and read.

A large question is how freely writers get to post their work -- is it anything goes like Wattpad or here, or are you going to be making sure every single story is up to your standards before they go live?

Yes, it would be like Wattpad. The readers would validate the quality of the content. It would be no restrictions whatsoever.

Also, what size writer-base are you aiming for?

The more the better.

I also have a bunch of questions about the reader-side; is this a free service, or a readers going to have to pay to read?

App for readers would be entirely for free.
But as I mentioned before you as an author can make some books/stories paid.

I guess they're going to get recommended certain stories based on an algorithm and their interests? Is this essentially the youtube or spotify for interactive fiction, as far as readers are concerned?

Yes exactly.

Any plans to release a readable story anytime soon?

We are planning to release a beta version on the app for readers in a month.

Regarding royalties
We would take the commission on each book sold. Based on our calculation we need to take 50%. It is not much comparing to other publishers am I right? Of course for early adopters, it would be no commission.
Every month you could pay out the money or even on-demand (We didn't think about it yet and it would depend on your preferences).

[/]Who are we looking for exactly?[/i]
Currently, we are developing MVP of an app for readers(that's including a marketplace) then we want to develop the visual tools for authors.
We are looking for an author that would create for us that first story and is willing to cooperate.
The author would write and gives us feedback and based on that feedback we will be improving our product.
Benefits:
1. Commission-free.
2. You will be one of the first authors on our platform when we will start our marketing campaign.
3. You would have an impact on product development and how it would look like in the future.

Please note that we are on early-stage so some things could change based on your and readers' feedback. Please have that in mind, we don't want to disappoint you :)

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 am
LittleLee says...

Do you accept short stories as well?
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

Random avatar

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm
Novelyze says...

Do you accept short stories as well?

Yes, we do :)

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell