z

Young Writers Society

Do Not Go Quietly - Anthology

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:07 pm
Evander says...

Do Not Go Quietly is looking for stories about resistance!

Maximum word count is 7,500! Pay is $.06 per word with a minimum payment of $60! It looks like, if your story is accepted, then you'll be published alongside authors like Seanan McGuire!

From their submission page:
We are looking for original work that has not be previously published. Stories should be about resistance and revolution set within the science fiction and fantasy genres. Resistance can be a small act of everyday defiance. And other times, resistance means massive movements that topple governments and become iconic historical moments. Either way, there is power in these acts. What your characters are resisting is up to you, the writer. The things we fight against, the inequality, abuse, and unjust treatment are personal, and each define an individual's life experience. Use your experiences, look at the world around you, and tell your story.

They welcome authors regardless of age or background, so you should totally submit a story.

Here's the submission page!
Here's the kickstarter page for the anthology.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 pm
StellaThomas says...

Is this open internationally or just to people from the United States? "National origin" is mentioned but not nationality which makes me wonder.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 pm
View Likes
Panikos says...

^What Stella said. I'd love to enter but I'm from the UK, so I don't know if I can.
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:38 pm
View Likes
Zoom says...

^What Pan said. If us brits can't enter then we'll show you a good example of resistance.
he/his

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 am
View Likes
Evander says...

Give me a few days and I'll get back to y'all with an answer -- I can't find anything on the submissions page, but I'll see about sending an email to confirm.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda