z

Young Writers Society

HarmonyInk Press Young Author Challenge (2017)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:45 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

As stated on their About page, Harmony Ink Press is an imprint publishing Teen and New Adult fiction featuring significant personal growth of unforgettable characters across the LGBTQ+ spectrum. [They] seek strong, authentic voices telling thought-inspiring stories with positive outcomes that explore all the facets of young adult, teen, and new adult life—between the ages of 14 and 21—across a wide range of subgenres. [Their] published works reach into a wide range of reader-favorite genres, including fantasy, mystery, paranormal, romance, science fiction, and more.

They are currently closed to general submissions, but they do have something called the Young Author Challenge, running every year.

Submission deadline for 2017 is May 1 (to be published in October), and here's what the page I linked says about the requirements:

· seeking stories between 2,000 – 10,000 words
    · main characters should be 14 – 21 years old and can be gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or anywhere else on the LGBTQ+ spectrum, including still in the process of working out their sexual/gender identity
    · the story should portray positive LGBTQ+ characters who grow or change for the better in some way

· authors need to be between the ages of 14 – 21 (for those under 17, a parent or a legal guardian will have to sign the contract if they accept the story)

This is a paid opportunity (flat pay based on length), each submission is reviewed either way, and copyright remains with the authors.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with HarmonyInk. I just thought about submitting to them at one point before they closed for general submissions, and now I came across them again and realised this challenge could be a great thing for those of you lucky enough to not have just turned 22 and thus stopped being young enough :wink:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

I can factcheck ur flashback outfits
— SirenCymbaline