z

Young Writers Society

Moment Magazine is collecting stories about Night!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:25 pm
Thomas says...

Hey,
my name is Thomas, I´m 19 years old,and a German fellow at Moment Magazine, a publication that was founded by Elie Wiesel more than 40 years ago.

I´m collecting stories of teenagers (ages 12-19) of all backgrounds for a mini-symposium for our next print issue!

Ari Bloomekatz wrote in The Washington Post, “Wiesel’s legacy in the United States, and in many parts of the world, is not about adults. It’s about children, about teenagers, and his impact on non-Jewish youths everywhere.” For many generations, in school or on their own, teenagers all over the world have learned about the Holocaust by reading Elie Wiesel's seminal memoir, Night.

Moment Magazine wants you, teenagers (ages 12-19) of all backgrounds, to tell us about your own experience reading Night, and how it influenced you.
Tell us your story in 300 words or less; select submissions may be contacted for follow-up interviews.

If you´re interested, then send your submissions or questions to tsiurkus@momentmag.com by August 10, 2016.

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Best
Thomas

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin