z

Young Writers Society

Vagabondcity Journal

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm
Rook says...

I was perusing the tumble when this publishing opportunity caught my eye: https://vagabondcityjournal.wordpress.c ... guidlines/

I read through what they want before realizing that I probably didn't have many works that fit that criteria. But it looks like it would be an excellent opportunity for those who do write those gritty works that push social boundaries. Or however they phrase it.

I don't know a lot about this journal, so I don't know how legitimate it is, but from my untrained eye, it looks pretty good and I thought I'd share it with you YWSers.

They're looking for prose and poetry both, as well as art. They give a lot more details on the site. ^^

Oh and there's more information in their FAQ
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:49 am
Kale says...

It's legitimate, although it's unpaid. It's a good way to build up publishing credentials though.

If you want an extra leg up, here's an interview with the editor of the journal where he talks a bit more in (brief) detail about how he deals with submissions.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg