z

Young Writers Society

Call for Submissions from Stepkids for Upcoming Book!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:43 pm
elmtree says...

Call for Submissions from Stepkids!

Stepkids young and old – we want to hear from you. How is (or has) growing up in a stepfamily impacting or life? Whether you are fifteen or thirty-five, if you are or were a step kid, submit to share your story in the upcoming anthology, Hey, Who’s In My House? Stepkids Speak Out, to be published by Motivational Press. Submit a personal essay for consideration to heywhosinmyhouse@aol.com by May 1, 2015; 700 – 1700 words. Include “Hey Submission” in the subject line and include your name, phone number and city/state.

There’s no story too negative or too positive – just be honest. Those selected for the book will be contacted to authorize their inclusion, receive a $50 Amazon gift card and a free copy of the book.

Thank you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Can you provide a website with more details on this project? I can't seem to find it on Motivational Press.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:31 pm
elmtree says...

Hi,
The contract was JUST signed! Thus, no details will be on the Motivational Press site for a while, as we develop cover art, summary etc. If you want to email me at heywhosmyhouse@aol.com, I am happy to answer any specific questions you have. Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:34 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I would much prefer asking questions publicly, seeing as you have a call for submissions publicly. You haven't given enough information for submissions, anyway, so you'll get these questions eventually and they might as well be with your call for submissions. Therefore:

1- How will you handle contracts for submitters under 18?

2- Any length limits?

3- Why phone number?

4- How do you want the document formatted?

5- Any genres preferred?

I also really don't understand why you're doing this before details such as the contract being signed are finalized. Couldn't the call for submissions on the website still come even without cover art? You have a deadline but only recently signing the contract? How did you establish this deadline?

Again, I'd like more information.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter