z

Young Writers Society

Crossed Genre Looking for Submissions

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:30 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

DEADLINE (for October issue): June 30th. If you want to submit for this round, hurry!

GUIDELINES
Editors: Bart R. Leib, Kay T. Holt and Kelly Jennings

Word count: 1000-6000 (FIRM)
Multiple submissions: Maximum of two (2) per month (Please submit separately!)
No simultaneous submissions
No reprints.
We do not publish poetry at this time.
Submit stories in DOC, DOCX or RTF format. Standard Manuscript Format is strongly preferred. Use a standard font like Times New Roman or Arial, in 12 pt. (Note: Courier is evil.)

Turnaround time for responses is one month following the end of your submission month. (e.g. if you submit during September, we’ll respond no later than October 31.) Turnaround is usually faster than this. If you haven’t received a response by the end of the following month, please query.

PAY RATE & RIGHTS
We pay 6¢ per word for fiction. Authors will also receive a gratis print and ebook copy of the anthology in which their story appears.

Crossed Genres takes first world ebook and print rights, and non-exclusive anthology rights for CG Magazine’s biannual anthologies. We also take non-exclusive online rights to publish and archive your story on our website.

- See more at: http://crossedgenres.com/submissions/magazine/

6 cents/word is considered a very good if not professional rate.

They support a ton of diversity (race/gender/LGBTQA issues), so it could be a really great avenue for people who include social issues in their writing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 am
Europa says...

@Rosendorn are they currently accepting submissions? If so, when's the deadline for next month's issue? Whats their standard on fantasy writing? Do they accept serials? (I'm a novelist, so if I can do a chapter a month for them out of a book, that's awesome) how will they do business/contact a client under 18? If I do this, will I be bound to a regular contract and have to post something regularly, or will they be okay with me skipping a submission for a month? (I'm gonna be starting High school soon so I'll be pretty busy.)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:55 am
Rosendorn says...

@TheFantasy14 Those questions would be answered in the "Submissions" link I provided at the end (I am in no way affiliated with the publisher). Had you clicked it, you would've come across that they are closed for submissions.

Sadly, the announcement says the magazine is officially closing, so submissions won't re-open.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov