z

Young Writers Society

Pulp Fiction

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat May 10, 2014 1:00 am
BcRep says...

I'm looking for writers for a pulp fiction I'm releasing this summer. It pays of course and you retain your rights. If interested, let me know.

The best,
E. Dantes

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun May 11, 2014 9:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

Can you please give us more details? Plot, what you're looking for, the way payment will be delivered, how payment amount will be determined, the actual release date, a website if possible.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm
BcRep says...

I'm just looking for good stories. As being a pulp fiction, that should pretty much cover the types of stories I'm looking for. Payment will ranging anywhere between 1-2 cents per word, check, money order, old fashioned cash in an envelope. Whatever's most convenient for the writer. The release date has yet to be determined, but a rough August?And seeing as most of this is coming out of pocket at this moment a website is a tad frivolous.

1272 Reviews

Mon May 12, 2014 4:33 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

So what, exactly, are you publishing? And how will it be distributed?

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Tue May 13, 2014 2:16 am
Hannah says...

@BcRep -- Yeah, I'd like to know what Rosey asked, too. Is this an online or print publication? If it's print, where's it based? If it's online, how will you distribute it without a website? haha (:
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

5 Reviews

Tue May 13, 2014 6:59 am
BcRep says...

Well of course it's going to be print, anything but would be absurd haha. As for where it's based out, Virginia, United states. I am however open to writers of all nationals (However I can not guarantee a strong audience for all regions haha). As for what I'm publishing a pulp fiction.

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Tue May 13, 2014 4:34 pm
Morrigan says...

What is a pulp fiction? I could only find the film when I tried to research them.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

1272 Reviews

Tue May 13, 2014 4:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

Will any authors get any sort of compensation for copies? What if they want their families to have physical copies? How will you market the magazine in your area?

Also, have you factored the cost of printing the magazine vs having a website, to make the claim anything but print would be absurd?

Finally, what age limit are you discussing? If you're allowing under 18s to contribute, how will you handle contracts with them?

5 Reviews

Wed May 14, 2014 12:05 am
BcRep says...

Magpie, it's a small anthology of short stories usually darker or more humorous in nature, they span the genre from horror, sci-fi, crime, noir, even romance from time to time; released periodically.

Unicorn, yes they will, but not until the first volume has finished it's run. And yes, what kind of anything doesn't give hot copies haha? And as to marketing, advertising.

Not only just the printing, distribution, overhead, print ads for most of the lower 48 and blanket copyrights. I do believe you've missed my point though as to why it's being run print.

As to age limit, it has never really been a factor nor will it ever be. As to how I would handle the contracts with them, the only difference is if they are not above the age of emancipated consent (Withholding regional or state guidelines regarding such laws) it would be handled the same as any other nonbinding contract, with consent of a guardian.

1272 Reviews

Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I'm asking because you haven't given a reason. ;) You've only said "anything but [print] would be absurd". While in my mind, online has the bonus of international distribution, no paper costs, the advertising online is significantly cheaper, and you only have to pay for a url and hosting, which can be extremely inexpensive (albeit spread over more time, instead of being a one time cost).

Also, I am fully aware advertising is how you market something. I'm wondering actual details for your campaign— what ads you'll take out, how you'll drum up interest, what venus you'll actually be using to get the word out.

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel