z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 am
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie pulled herself up from the floor and sat down near Tinge. "Sorry if I raised a ruckus. I have a tendency to do such nonsense." Maggie grinned and asked Nate for some apple juice.
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:34 pm
SirTobes says...

Toby, noticed the three women and decided to make a move.
He bum-slid over to them and said Hi.
"Hi."
He wtached them stare blankly at him until he decided this was a little awkward and got up to go to the bathrrom. As he walked he realised had said the wrong thing. He sprinted back to them and sat down eagerly.
"Hello."
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:18 pm
View Likes
xxFleetingEternity says...

Tinge simply nodded her head. "Yeah, I could tell."
My silence is my sound...
XxXxX
Turn your wounds into your wisdom.

14 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Toby, was wondering if they were going to reply, but they didn't. He was about to leave when one of them nodded and spoke,
"Yeah, I could tell,"
"What was that?" Toby asked politely, but knew what she had said wasn't meant for him. He get up from his seat felling dejected and heartbroken.

Previously Just Toby

38 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 am
View Likes

"What was that?" Somebody murmured. Tinge shot a glance at the section, but there was nobody there anymore.
"Hn? I was just-" A blur suddenly shot back over to the conter where she and Maggie were sitting.
"Yes?" The look on the guy's face was slightly hopeful again.
"Nothing really. We were just talking about the ruckus that Maggie was causing earlier," Tinge responded, jerking her thumb at the aforementioned girl.
XxXxX

14 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:25 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

"Oh yes," Toby replied with a gargantuan smile. "I noticed you three lying on the floor, earlier, very strange. So you regulars or something? This is the first time for me. I'm Toby by the way," He said stretching out his hand. "And you are?"
"I'm Tinge," The girl said.
"Tinge hey, pleased to meet you Tinge."
Toby looked around the room waiting for a reply. He noticed that his notepad and pencil from his table were not there. He glanced around quickly, hoping to find it. He found someone sitting on their own on the table next to his. The figure was unapproachable and half their face was hidden, but he had Toby's notepad, and he wanted it back.
"Hold on," Toby said to Tinge, getting up.
He walked over to the person, his legs shaking like a marraca.
He mustered up all the courage he could and spoke wearily.
"Um, I happened to notice that notepad you've got. I think it's mine, could I have it back please?"
The person grunted and looked up at him, Toby fell back onto the floor.
A little girl? In a Tavern?

Previously Just Toby

38 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:18 pm

"Yeah, sure, whatever," Tinge replied as Toby got up to leave. He walked over to a person sitting at the table near theirs.
"So, anyway, Maggie, what-" Tinge started, only to be cut off as she watched Toby stumbled backwards and land on his bum. "...hn..." she murmured, not sure of what was going on, but not sure if she should interfere, either. However, she didn't have to. Maggie stood to her feet, walking over to the man.
"Hey, you ok-" She started, inadvertantly cutting herself off as Toby had seemed to. Tinge contemplated again, but silently reminded herself that curiousity killed the cat, and instead stayed in her position, turning back to the counter so she wasn't tempted to check out whatever was going on.
XxXxX

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:28 pm
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie crouched down next to the man and gently slapped his face. "Come on man, are you okay?" She stood up and turned to the person whom he had approached. "What did you do to him? What did he do to you?" She shook her head and rolled her eyes. Oh the drama of a young man and his fear of people! Hey! That's Anthropophobia! Yeah!I wonder if he really does have that fear? Maggie grabbed Toby's shoulders and dragged him back to the counter where the girls were sitting, propped him up on a stool, hoping he looked normal.
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

14 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Toby jolted upwards, What was that? It was a little girl, I'm sure of it, my mind has never failed me before, what's she doing here? And with my notepad? My notepad...she still has it.
Toby turned around to see the girl, but as he slowly and slyly turned, his eyebrows turned down and ready for anything, he saw she had gone. Wha...What? Where did she, how did she? Where'sy notebook!?
"Tinge, and..." What was her name again? Marge? Mary? Maggie, that's it.
"Tinge and Maggie, where's she gone? The little girl that is."
Maggie turned around and she too noticed the girl had gone.
"What girl" Tinge spoke with a shrug.
"Never mind" Toby said, and got up to leave. He walked swiftly out of the tavern leaving Maggie and Tinge sitting their dazed.

Previously Just Toby

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am
View Likes
Karzkin says...

Karzkin coolly saunters through the door with five others behind. Four of them carry instrument cases emblazoned with 'Mr. K's All-Stars'. Mr. K takes a long look around the tavern, before slowly making his way to the bar.
"I could use a scotch, neat," he says to Nate lustily, "And this joint sure could use some jazz."
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

K's Killa Kritiques

#TNT

All Hail the undisputed king of the YWS helicopter game.

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:51 pm
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie watched as Toby exited the scene. She shrugged quietly. She finished off her fourth drink, said goodbye to the girls, and left to work on a short story about her day's adventures in the good ol' tavern.

14 Reviews

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:30 pm
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Out the door Toby walked, and into the warm night air. The moon was full enough to rouse some wolves and he clouds were foggy and added a certain gloominess to he scene. Toby shuffled along the street swiftly, in search for one day, finding his notepad and pencil...

Previously Just Toby

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:39 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Arah walked past Toby, confused before entering the tavern. He walked up the the bar and requested a drink and turned on the stool and looked around.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 am
thetraveler says...

Trav suddenly fell forwards into the rough wooden bar and began to snore loudly. Between her snores, occasional "darling" or "come back"s could be decifered from the sleep talk. A stange young man appeard from thin air, wearing a glorious cape and picked Trav from her stool and gently carried her upstairs. While in the brave boy's arms, Trav awoke, and looking at his noble face surroundedby his dark hair, she immediately made a huge public love scene and knew that he...
someone tapped Trav on the shouldr. "Ma'am, you started drooling." Says the bartender in a querelous voice.
Trav shook herself out and took a sip from the orange juice that had appeared from no-where in front iof her.
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:47 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Arah watched the two before smiling at the show. He turned back towards the bartender and asked where his drank was.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl