z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:53 pm
PickledChrissy says...

"I'd suggest putting a mouse trap in your pocket. Bait it with candy."
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:37 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Zhia falls onto the floor, panting. Her legs and arms are adorned with scratches and gashes, but luckily no bite marks. She drags herself over to a bench and promptly passes out.

Not a word is exchanged during this entire ordeal. everyone else is too astonished to see their old tavern-mate from page 60ish.

Cat inches forward cautiously, prodding Zhia with a rubber teacher's pointer. Zhia remains passed out, head lolling and limbs limp. Now it's the Troll who trolls forward, reaching greedily for her twin katanas which are currently safe in their sheaths. Said troll's hand closes around the hilt, but as soon as he starts to slide the blade out of its case, he is forcefully thrown across the room by an angry Zhia. He slams into the wall and crumples to the floor, moaning about how he 'just wanted to look at them'

Zhia's intense blue eyes fly open and she sits up, not even seeming to notice the lacerations tearing through her skin. She regards the lamenting troll and how her katana has been slid an inch out of its sheath.

"Oh. I thought as much."

As she ponders this fact, her gaze wanders from each current Tavern occupant to the next.

"I see some new faces here... What happened while I was gone?"

She slides from her seat to a standing position and focuses on each new person. Above one girl's head flashes a translucent green tag, which reads, 'CorruptedRoseJen'. 'Fairly new' Zhia muses. She shifts her gaze to another female, noting the orange, see-through tag that flashes briefly above her head. It reads, 'PickledChrissy'. She's been here a while... twenty, twenty-five pages maybe.'

Zhia stands there a moment, then abruptly sits. She glances down and notices her legs. She frowns, and glances at her arms, as if finally remembering that she's injured.

"Um... While storytelling happens, could I have a few band-aids and some hydrogen peroxide? I think I might need it..."

Everyone breaks their stares at her and Cat rushes to the back for the requested band-aids and hydrogen peroxide.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:12 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Cat returns from the back room, arms laden with bandages. Zhia regains consciousness slowly on the floor, not really in any critical state, but exhausted and possibly going through mild shock. After scrubbing her face and arms with a wet paper towel, Cat dumps about half a liter of hydrogen peroxide on her friend and begins bandaging her all over mummy-style like the overprotective friend she is.

"God, Zhi, I thought you were gone forever," she says, offering her a cup of hot cocoa. "What happened?"
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:07 pm
StupidSoup says...

*smashes through the door and points at the crumples Zhia*

YOU!

*Lunges for the kill*
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:13 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Silver rushes up, kicking the troll in the face and knocking him away from Zhia. The troll lands on the ground, unconscious. Silver returns to his chair and continues reading his book in peace.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

44 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:52 am
SkyeWalker says...

"Thank you..." Zhia pauses before reading 'TheSilverFox' above his head, "TheSilverFox. Can I call you Sil?" She smiles.

She attempts to stand, but is unable to due to the overload of bandages piled on he arms and legs. Zhia glances over at the friend sitting beside her. Cat was looking at her with an expression that showed mixed concern, curiosity, and exitement. All in all, she looked like a child who knew she did something wrong, but was waiting for the other's reaction. Zhia smiles widely and laughs.

"God, I'm so glad to be back with living beings. Being alone with zombies for half a year certainly put a damper on life."

At the alarmed stares from the people who didn't know her, Zhia grinned even more widely.

"I'm a madwoman from an alternate dimension where earth is overrun by zombies. Actually," She pauses and thinks for a moment. "I'd like to meet the Zhia from this world-"

Her sentence is cut off by the loud bang of a door crashing open. From the outdoors storms in a ticked looking teenage girl who looks similar to Zhia physically, but her eyes are rimmed with thick black eyeliner that looks similar to kohl. She wears red lipstick and her hair is shaved on one side. The rest of her overly long black tresses are flipped over to cover her left eye. Multiple piercings shine on her lips, nose, and eyebrows, and it seems as if her outer left ear is cybernetic, as it is covered in metal. A gun is holstered on her right hip, and a flask of who-knows-what is hanging from her left.

Zhia pales, her eyebrows shooting up. Her voice comes out small, and it seems like she is completely and utterly shocked.

"Oh."

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

54 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:52 am
StupidSoup says...

*Lunges for the krill*

*happily feeds tiger shark*

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:23 am
CorruptedRoseJen says...

Jen turns from her candy to nod shyly at Zhia-shi.

"Good morrow, friend." She stated simply, watching the ridiculous scene in front of her with quiet acceptance. After flashing a quick smile, the girl turned back to Falconer-shi. "Say," she mused aloud, tugging absentmindedly at the strand of hair sticking out in an absurdly vertical fashion (an antenna, or an ahoge, if you watch/read anime/manga :3), "D'ye think an Overlord of Dimensional-Traveling would be nice? I feel like s/he would be a pleasant complement to some of the other Overlords..."
My room is an insane asylum, and I am the patient.

Beware of Dog signs are overrated. Beware of Writer.

Warning! Crappy author at work! Any hapless bystanders/passerbys will be sentenced to an eternity of hell by eye-hurt :3

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:17 pm
Velvet0Alchemy says...

She sauntered in with all the grace of a lady presenting herself to the queen. Her velvet and satin skirts swished with every step, bouncing gently over her hoop petti. She paused at the entrance, momentarily taken aback at the chaos (that she didn't read all the way through) abounding in the little oddity she found.

Recovered, Velvet stepped toward a table, immediately tripping. "Well, there goes that façade," she said, stripping the giant rings out from under her many skirts. She tossed them off in a corner and sat down in a huff, crossing her legs and pulling the pins out of her elaborate hairdo. "Got any tea?"

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:47 am
Que says...

Falconer turned slowly towards Jen, as she had been caught up in a daydream.
"Say, that would be rather nice..." she mused. She leaned forward and grabbed a little honey waffle thing (from Holland). She ate many waffles, because they were 'helping her think'.
"You know, I quite like the idea of an Overlord that can travel through dimensions. That is not one of their common powers?"
Falco looks cautiously at the queen-like lady who has just entered. That dress looks like it should've gotten stuck in the door frame...
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm
PickledChrissy says...

*Walks over and listens in to their conversation. Tries to steal one of the waffle things while I do.*
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

44 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:04 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Zhia is still standing in shock, staring at this dimension's Zhia. She takes a few steps closer and circles the new girl slowly, marveling at the resemblance to her own self. She feels the urge to look at the girl more closely. She scans the girl's body until a flash of bright red above the girl's head draws her attention.

'Reneia', it reads. Zhia was confused. This girl, Reneia, was supposed to be her. Her look of utter bewilderment must have been amusing, because Reneia busted out laughing.

"God. You should have seen your FACE. You know this," Reneia motioned to herself, "Is an act, right?" She reaced up to the side of her face and tugged off the earpiece. Brandished a makeup wipe and wiped her makeup off. She turned and winked at the rest of the room "Grand finale."

She pulled off the wig she was wearing to reveal short dark hair that curled around her ears and fell to about an inch below the top of her forehead. (*For reference, if this wasn't clear, a pixie cut. A short one. >_<*) She laughed and twirled on the spot, yelling, " This is me!"

Reneia endured the stares for a few moments before she twirled her gun on her finger and pointed it at Zhia with a straight face and an aura of deadly calm surrounding her.

"But we both know that two of the same person can't exist in the same dimension and time at once. Paradoxes," she proclaimed loudly, "will destroy this dimension. I'm the original, so I live. Fair? I know you'd prefer death to living back out there. Little Sarah," she sneered, "And you will be reunited."

Zhia felt completely panicked for the first time in this dimension. Reneia wasn't strange, she was insane. Zhia looked over to Cat, who was bristling and ready to pounce. She nodded slowly and closed her eyes seeing the bright flash from behind her eyelids. Strangely, it didn't hurt. She cracked open her eyes and saw herself sitting on the floor of a glass box. On one side, she saw the Tavern and all her friends that stayed within. She saw Cat pounce and general havoc commence. Zhia banged on the wall with all her might. "CAT!" She yelled. No one seemed to hear or notice. She walked numbly back to the center of the box and collapsed to her knees.

Reneia smiled widely and watched the whole tavern rise to its feet. She spotted an angry half cat jumping towards her. She let her pounce and slash at her face. The cat growled and snarled at her, "You just killed my best friend. Tell me while you're not dead."

Reneia grinned even more widely and whispered, "Technically, we're the same person. And your friend is still alive. In here." She tapped her temple. Cat flattened her ears and raised her claws to strike, but Reneia had already raised her hand to Cat's temple and let electricity flow out of her fingertips into her head. Cat collapsed, eyes rolling back into her head. Reneia laughed again and jumped onto an empty table.

Your friend Zhia is gone, for a long time!" she yelled, a maniacal twinkle in her eye. "The age of Reneia is HERE!" She jumped off the table with both feet and danced to the kitchen, humming 'I Shot You Down' by Florrie.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:12 am
Tuesday says...

*walks in, with a suitcase* "Well this is just lovely."
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

54 Reviews

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:26 am
StupidSoup says...

o-o were have I been?

*jumps back from wherever he'd been and proceeds to pour boiling water on pixie cut girl*

give me da cat back .3. stupid ren-reri-something

*throws live mice at rernerneia's head*

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 am
Velvet0Alchemy says...

Velvet flicks a hairpin at the weirdo with far-too-short hair. "You're being rude."

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow