z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:59 am
xxFleetingEternity says...

(I'm jumping in here, okay?)

Tinge sat the glass down, drumming her fingers against the counter. She glanced around the room at some of the smaller groups, letting a sigh escape her lips. The tavern made her feel very out of place. The brunette ran a hand through her short hair, before resting her chin on her hand, leaning forward so that long bangs obscured her face. She contemplated saying something- to anyone, really- but decided against such. It wouldn't matter anyway, would it?
My silence is my sound...
XxXxX
Turn your wounds into your wisdom.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:52 am
View Likes
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie grew bored of her couch in the corner and noticed a stranger who appeared out of nowhere and sat at the counter. She jumped up and ran over to meet this newbie. Maggie quietly tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Excuse me, I just noticed you sitting over here and I like to try to introduce myself to everyone who comes in while I am around. Welcome to the tavern! My name is Margaret but everyone calls me Maggie." She stuck out her hand for a hearty and handshake and offered a gargantuan smile.
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Toby slips in unnoticed and sits down in the far corner of the tavern. He pulls out his notepad and pencil graciously from his pocket and starts scribbling. He reaches his hand out as quick as a cheetahs legs and plucks a fly out of the air by it's wings. Out of his hand he flicks it and it lands with a bounce on the barstand.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

Reviews: 1
Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm
View Likes
SunshineandCarnage says...

The Tails doll floated around, silent and unnoticed and drank everyone's drink. The girl who had been crying now stifled a giggle at this humorous scene.
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:28 pm
SirTobes says...

Toby starts to get writers block, and gets a bit agitated, he slowly stands up and saunters over to the bar,
"how can I help you?" asks Nate with a welcoming smile.
"The usual," Toby replies with a poker face.
"you've never come here before," Nate says confused.
"anything then."
Nate cheerfully pulls out a glass and places it under a tap and starts to pour. He slams it on the table in front of Toby.
"what is it," Toby demands.
"Anything."
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

38 Reviews

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Tinge jumped at the presence of another person, who smiled and extended her hand. She was nervous all of a sudden, and took the hand to shake, blurting out a quick, "H-hello. I'm Tinge." Her lips curved upwards into something that she hoped looked like a smile- she wasn't very good at it- before returning back to its set frown.
XxXxX

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:36 pm
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie resisting letting her happy peppy mood droop down as Tinge shrugged off her appearance. Her smile stuck on her face and she refused to back down. She tried to act like a player in a bar but she just looked awkward and silly. "So, come here often?" As she leaned back against the counter, tried to keep a straight face, and stared at Tinge, her left blue converse slipped on a tossed banana peel. She landed with a thump on the floor. Maggie sat for a few seconds disappointed that she failed to make Tinge laugh but then she had a profound thought!I must look incredibly stupid! Hah! That is absolutely hilarious! "Hahahaha!" She sat in the same spot she landed and just busted out laughing without a care in the world!
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

38 Reviews

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:10 pm

"So, come here often?" Tinge shook her head, before trailing one of her fingers around the glass that had just been placed in front of her. Couldn't Maggie see that she wasn't really a people person?
A thud sounded suddenly, and Tinge glanced up, startled. Maggie was on the floor, looking rather dazed. Her befuddled eyes glanced around, and she suddenly burst out laughing. Tinge frowned, eyebrows furrowing in bewilderment, until Maggie's laughing finally began to reach her ears. She let out a small smirk, before extending her hand to the fallen woman. "Need some help?"
XxXxX

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 am
thetraveler says...

Trav turned towards the comotion and as she looked around Justa to see who was there. On seeing xxFleetingEternity she gave a huge cry of joy and hugged the girl, surprising her and making her fall from the chair. Trav put out her hand before Tinge took it and pulled her down tol. All three ladies now on the floor, they suddenly burst out laughing and continued this action until their eyes were wet and their stomachs ached. :)
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

38 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:29 am

Tinge gasped from shock as she was suddenly pulled into a tight hug. She sprang backwards slightly, causing her and the hug-assailant to fall to the floor. As she looked up, she found that it was Trav.
"Trav!" She exclaimed suddenly, which was completely out of character for her. Noting that she was now on the floor, and her friend was not, she smirked evilly. Trav laughed nervously, before extending her hand. Seeing her chance, Tinge grabbed it and pulled Trav onto the floor.
Maggie was laughing even harder now, if that was at all possible, and soon Trav had joined her. Tinge glanced around nervously, aware of the possible commotion the others were causing. But she didn't say anything, simply stood and brushed herself off, though the white dust showed up tremendously against her black sweater and jeans. She shot Trav a genuine smile, before making the usual attempt to pull her face back into a scowl.
"Thanks for knocking me over, Trav..." she muttered, blowing a strand of hair from her face. Trav smiled.
"Aren't you going to help me up?"
Tinge shook her head. "I'd rather not, thanks."
XxXxX

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 am
thetraveler says...

Trav frowned...
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

38 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 am
View Likes

Tinge saw her friend frown. "Hn..."
She waited, before finally shaking her head and extending a hand. 'God, I'm such a pushover,' the brunette thought to herself.
XxXxX

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 am
thetraveler says...

The grin on Trav's face couldn't have been bigger. She sprang up without even grasping Eternity's hand, leaving it hanging near the ground. Hugging her friend again and getting a hug back this time, she strolled back to Justa and guzzled the rest of her float.
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

38 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:58 am
View Likes

Tinge shook her head again as the other girl darted away, back to her seat. Trav was a very strange person...perhaps that was why they got along so well.
XxXxX

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:09 am
thetraveler says...

Looking down randomly, Trav noticed something white. Squinting at this oddity, Trav looked closer to find a plastic spork. She picked it up grinning and thought about where it could have been based on the history of this Tavern...
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong