z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 am
xxFleetingEternity says...

Tinge sauntered over to the counter Trav was sitting against, her head propped on her arms, a line of drool sliding from her mouth to her elbow. It was obvious that she had, inevitably, fallen asleep again. The glass of orange juice that had sat in front of her was now disappeared, and Trav was back in the position she had been in earlier. Tinge raised an eyebrow, but said nothing, placing a hand on the other woman's shoulder and shaking her slightly, not flinching slightly when Trav shot up, some drool falling onto Tinge's hand. "Trav, I think you need to go home and sleep." Tinge said.
"Mm." Trav responded, slumping back onto the counter. "I will...in ten minutes...maybe..."
My silence is my sound...
XxXxX
Turn your wounds into your wisdom.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:29 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Arah sipped his drink still looking around the tavern for someone he was looking for.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Cailey says...

Cailey saw the sign and ran in, hoping for a drink. Instead she was met by a large group of people. She didn't know anyone, so she made her way quickly to the counter and ordered an ice cold root beer. Nate handed it over smilingly and Cailey took it and sat at an open table.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Arah looked over at the newcomer and smiled and staggered over to her* "Hey," he said smiling.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 pm
thetraveler says...

Trav again dozed for about 13.68 minutes before waking and making her way to the fireside and sleeping again. In her crazy sleep talk, she could be heard saying "thank you Tinge" through her murmers and snores.
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:06 am
turtlethatroars says...

TKP runs out saying "Free food and drinks at my house."
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:55 pm
xxFleetingEternity says...

Tinge gives TKP a quick glance. "Free drinks? When can I come over?"
My silence is my sound...
XxXxX
Turn your wounds into your wisdom.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Noni enters the tavern. (She seems to have done this a lot without leaving the tavern. How strange.)
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:21 pm
turtlethatroars says...

TKP runs back in saying "Is anybody coming?????"
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:44 pm
creativityrules says...

Rosie staggers in, frizzy hair spiraling crazily in all directions. She stumbles over to the counter, manages to climb onto one of the bar stools, and immediately leans her chin on her elbows, staring directly at Nate.

"You wouldn't happen to have ginger ale?" she mumbles, smiling crookedly, glasses tilting on the tip of her nose.

Nate grins. "Actually, I do." He hands Rosie a frigid glass of ginger ale, the sides of the glass beaded with moisture.

"Thanks," Rosie slurs. "You wouldn't believe what happened to me today."
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm
RoyalHighness says...

"What happened?" asks Nate.

"Where to begin?" Rosie sighs. "It all started with the flip side of my pillow last night at 3 in the morning...."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

Then TheDay peers inside, embarrassed by the large crowd, but comes in anyway and seats herself on a bar stool.

"Can I have a vanilla shake with whipped cream and a cherry on top?" She asks Nate. "Coming right up," Nate smiles as he whirls away.

TheDay turns to Rosie. "So, what exactly have you been through today?"
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 pm
zohali93 says...

My car broke down and the heavens suddenly found it the perfect time to pour. my clothes got drenched as i stood outside waiting for the repairman to come. but he didn't. I spot a tavern across the street and that reminds me that i didn't have my usually cup of coffee.
I seemed to have come in very noisily since I caused some people to stare at me angrily. my day was just horrible, I was supposed to have a meeting with someone but instead, I was in this tavern.
I went up to the front and asked if they sold coffee.
"I wonder if he knows...." I say to myself, lost in deep thought.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:27 am
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

TheDay was rather intimidated by Rosie's explanation that the fairy folk had decided it was best to pelt her with snoozeberries right at the moment she found out the slept on the flip side of her pillow. Rosie then proceeded to release laughing gas and put the fairy folk to sleep, but making her laugh hysterically and get a severe cramp.

Rosie was at the point where black swans gatecrashed a very important meeting about the threat that dodos posed to her boss's dream of world domination, when TheDay turned to Zohali and smiled wearily. "I don't mean to be rude, but is she all right in the head?"
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:07 am
creativityrules says...

Rosie immediately looks at TheDay, brown eyes wide and smiling. She takes a swig of ginger ale and places her glass gently back on the counter, taking care to use a coaster. Nate smiles appreciatively.

"I can hear you, you know, Day," she says. "And no, I'm not right in the head. Not right anywhere, actually. To demonstrate, take a look at my leg." She scoots her stool back, hikes up her right pantleg, and points derisively at her ankle.

"See that tattoo? It's a wild horse, but it was meant to be a unicorn. It turns out that my tattoo artist didn't have his head entirely in the game when he was working on me. Everything about me is sort of off-kilter, just like my tattoo. And, if you hadn't noticed, my hair."

She pulls her pantleg down again, moves her stool back up to the counter, and picks up her glass. Peering at Nate with one eye, she mumbles,

"Have you told them the story about the crocodile?"
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb