z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

Reviews: 2
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm
ThisBookBelongsTo says...

Well, I'll be! The Tavern- after all this time! It's good to see you, old friend. "A cup of tea, dash of brandy, make it quick." Now then, where were we? We had some unfinished business, you and I. Last I was here- "Ah, thank you! Not too light on the brandy, one can only hope, eh?" -yes, last time. Before the schism, when I could come here as myself, not in this ridiculous disguise. Before, I came here to elope, to escape the world, whereas now... now, I'm here to bring the house down. Watch out, people, consequences are coming your way! Maybe... maybe it can wait until I finish my drink, though... " 'Pon my word, this is good tea!"
"Truth! Justice! Freedom! And a Hard-boiled egg!"
-The Glorious People's Revolution, Night Watch, Terry Pratchett

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Musica looked around at the voice. "Oh, hey. Umm.. It's new.. from a movie."
She looked at the girl curiosly. "Do I...know you?" she asked.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:48 am
Mjdwrite says...

"Which movie? I am not too caught up on the newest movies but maybe I heard it on a preview or something." Maggie studied the girl carefully. "You look extremely familiar but I am not entirely sure if we have ever met..."
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:02 am
thetraveler says...

A young 14 or 15 year old girl pushes open the creaking door slowly and enters the crowded building. A few people turn and look for a moment before returning back to their sandwiches. The young female ambles up to the bar in her purple coat and shucks it off, revealing a yellow t-shirt underneath. She seats her denim-covered behind on the last bar stool and orders a warm apple cider with a cinnamon stick. "So, new kid, what's your story?" A fellow customer asks the new girl, a little drunk.
"Oh, not much, I'm a simple story really. My dear father was trying to make his way around the globe befor he died, and now I'm just finishing the job." The girl's voice was clear and sweet."Oh, I'm sorry deary," says the half drunk man and turns away to order another round.
"Does anyone here know how to get to the train station?"
If the girl had asked to see the grim reaper, the room wouldn't have been quieter.
"Young miss, you do realize that we here in this small town are simple folk, and we don't ... have a train station." The bartender seemed very apprehensive about about ths new girl, and took her into the back for a chat.
"What do you call yourself, pretty young thing?"
"Those who know me call me he traveler."
"Welcome to the Tavern, and God bless you."
The bartender walked back to the bar, leaving the girl with her cider and hr broken dreams...e
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

23 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 am
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie finished went through quick debate about which movie the song was from and said "Hold on one sec'. I am craving some orange juice right now and I think I just saw Nate reload the juice machines!" Maggie rushed over to the counter where Nate finished up a conversation with a young girl. "Hey chicky! Why the long face?"
The girl looked up to Maggie, her lips turned down in a cry. "Awe! Listen, whatever it is, it will be alright! I have a hero and he is watching out for me when I go through hard stuff and I know that he has his eye on you too! Don't you worry 'bout a thing!" Maggie patted the young girls shoulder. "Hey Nate! Do you have any OJ? I have been dreaming about your homemade OJ since my last visit and I cannot wait to get some down my throat!"
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

28 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 pm
thetraveler says...

The girl's cider came out, and she chugged it all in one go.
Maggie's juice came out, and she sipped it slowly, savoring it.
"Aww, God bless you. My d-d-dad was..."
The girl's eyes teared up and her face assumed this horribly adorably and innocent expression before she collabsed on the bar sobbing.
Maggie put her arm around the girl and let her sob for a while before saying,
"Look, I understand that you're sad, and you can let it all out, kay? But after that you gotta move forward, pinky promise, ok?"
The girl lifted her tearstained face and wiped the wet away. She held out her pinky to Maggie and silently promised to move forward.
She swallowed her next bout of crying and ordered a black coffee with a shot of whiskey. Just this once, she could submit herself to alchohol...
She needed it.
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

Reviews: 1
Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

"Here." Sunny offered the crying girl her Tails Doll. "He'll make you feel better."
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

28 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 pm
thetraveler says...

The girl looked up and gave a nod of thanks and wrapped her arms around the doll very tightly and continued to sob.
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

23 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 am
View Likes
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie watched the girl and the doll silently. It was such a touching moment that Maggie was sure that she saw the doll hug back. "Sunny, you are such a sweet person!" Before Sunny could reply, everyone was in one huge bear hug that even a bear could not compete with.

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

Sunny smiled to herself amidst the tangle of hugging arms. This was a comforting moment. Even the poor little girl hugging her borrowed Tails doll was calming down.
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:48 pm
NicholasStone says...

Nicholas threw open the doors of the tavern, and surveyed the inhabitants. Nothing like a room full of potential enemies to keep your guard up. He moved to the counter. He shifted his eyes to the right and left, keeping away from the hugging group over to his left. The bartender inquired of him what he wanted.
"Just one mead, if you don't mind." He growled. He put the money on the counter. He grabbed the mead, and took a large swig of it. He guzzled the rest. He slammed his mug down, and observed an old fighting ring, hidden under a drape, in the corner. He would like to use that....
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

23 Reviews

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 am
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie patted the girls and Tails and stepped to the side, picking up her OJ on her way over to a comfy chair near the counter. Next to the comfy chair was a tall man chugging a large glass of some unknown substance. He glared down at Maggie, scrunching down further into the green LaZboy. She smiled as best as she could but to no avail. The man still looked as grumpy as ever.

28 Reviews

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm
thetraveler says...

The girl in the center of the hug-fest stopped crying and wiggled free of the crowd, doll still in her arms. She wiped her face one more time and went into the bathroom to straighten her makeup.
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

Ryder stepped through the doorway, and listened to the ringing of the small bell fastened above the door's frame. He straightened his Mets cap, looked around, then walked forwards into the gloomy atmosphere, without a real clue of his destination. He noticed an empty seat at the counter and plopped himself into it. He fumbled with his leather jacket's collar, then looked to his left where a young man around his own age had just finished a mug of beer.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 pm
Justagirl says...

Justa watched as the new kid with the Mets cap came into the pub.

"Hey!" She said, sitting next to him at the bar.

He looked up at her questioningly.

"What's up with your Mets cap?" She said, her voice slipping into a slightly annoyed tone.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone