z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue May 22, 2012 5:37 pm
Caesar says...

"Well you failed at Randomosity," Illumisit replied, scornfully.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue May 22, 2012 5:50 pm
View Likes
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

"You're being rather high and mighty today, Italian," TheDay mused, checking her nails and taking a sip of her long-forgotten drink.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm
Caesar says...

"Well yes," Illuminist replied, smugly. "With good cause."
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

40 Reviews

Thu May 24, 2012 10:27 am

"I Hate people like that," TheDay made eye contact with Italian for the first time, her brown eyes drilling holes into him.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Love thy mangoes or die.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat May 26, 2012 1:21 am
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Rosie raises her head, yawns massively, pushes her glasses up her nose and mumbles,

"Does anyone else want waffles? I suddenly want waffles. How about we all get waffles together, and Day and Italian can work through their problems over waffles? Nate, can you make me a waffle?"

Nate smiles. "Chocolate chip, like always?"
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

40 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2012 8:25 am

"Oh, this is nothing," Day said airily. "I'm pretty sure he's acting, because I am too."
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Love thy mangoes or die.

245 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2012 12:41 am
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Rosie smiles. "Ah, good. It's much nicer when we're all friends. But I still want a waflle...Nate, don't forget the maple syrup. It's my favorite."

Nate walks up with a small white pitcher. "It's right here."

"Thanks, Nate. You're the best."
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm
View Likes
FakeCrow says...

"HAHA, finally done with those push-ups,but i'm still hungry......" Crow says, then looks around. Slowly, hunger-induced hallucinations begin to turn everyone into french fries, greasy, steaming, fresh french fries. For a second, he starts to want to eat everyone, but shakes the hallucination off, then walks over to french-fry Nate.

"Nate, could you bring me a plate of fries, and send over some bacon to Rosie; it's just not right to eat waffles without bacon.
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

245 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2012 1:43 am
creativityrules says...

Rosie smiles appreciatively at Crow, making sure each square of her waffles is filled with maple syrup.

"Strong and considerate. I think I could get used to having you around, Crow."

-Brian James

7 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2012 4:04 am
FakeCrow says...

"No problem, Rosie, just helping out a fellow waffle-lover," crow said, nodding in Rosies direction, then taking a bite out of a ketchup-covered fry. After quenching his hunger, Crow decided to see how many people in the tavern liked waffles.

Standing up on a chair, Crow got everyone's attention, then yelled, "Nate, give everyone in here a pitcher of whatever they like, all payed for by me, if they raise their hand when I ask: Who likes waffles?" In response, Nate walks into his backroom to check how much he has in stock, knowing he'll need a lot.
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

245 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2012 4:15 am
View Likes
creativityrules says...

"Can I help you ask, Crow?" Rosie inquires after taking a bite of her waffle. She peers eagerly at him over her glasses.

-Brian James

7 Reviews

Tue May 29, 2012 12:30 am
FakeCrow says...

"Sure you can, Rosie, You'll probably be able to draw more attention than I can," Crow says with a welcoming smile. Behind the counter, Nate walks back in with a smile stuck on his face, but Crow's to pre-occupied to ask why Nate's so happy.

245 Reviews

Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 am
creativityrules says...

"Sweet. I'm going to try to stand up on a chair, too. It seems much more dramatic than just sitting down." Rosie pushes her stool back from the counter, walks to a table, pulls out a chair and wobbles as she attempts to climb onto it. "I hope I don't fall."

Suddenly, Rosie loses her balance. She instinctively raises her hands to her face to protect her glasses. Just as she's about to slam into the floor...

-Brian James

7 Reviews

Tue May 29, 2012 3:45 am
FakeCrow says...

"Whoa, you gotta be more careful," Crow says while catching Rosie in his arms. He sets her down gently, then looks at the staring crowd and quietly tells her, "But good job making a scene, now everyone is paying attention."

Crow winks at Rosie, then asks if she'd like to do the honors of asking about waffles, of course, while not standing on a chair.

245 Reviews

Wed May 30, 2012 12:59 am
creativityrules says...

Rosie smiles awkwardly. "I'd love to. Thanks for...you know. I'm sort of clumsy. When I normally fall, no one catches me, so I get bruised up. I guess I was lucky you were around this time. Otherwise, I might be pretty messed up."

She brushes herself off, runs a trembling hand through her messy hair, and asks loudly:

"So...Who likes waffles?"

-Brian James

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming