z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

"It has value to me, I guess." Ryder responded, still staring at the counter. "My dad was always a big fan of them, and this was his hat when he was my age. He taught me the ropes of baseball, and I fell in love with the game. He passed this hat down to me, and I always kept in on my desk as a memorial. Now I wear it because last year he died in a car crash an his way to a Mets game."

(To be clear, I myself like the Red Sox, but Ryder likes the mets xP)
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

JustSoNinja wrote:(To be clear, I myself like the Red Sox, but Ryder likes the mets xP)
(Oh, good. All is right with the world, then. XD)

Justa lost her prickly tone of voice. "Oh? I'm so sorry to hear that..." The hat shone in a new light to her. It was no longer a rebel against her Red Sox-loving self, it was a memorial to his father, and she respected that.

Well, at least it's not the Yankees... She thought.

Justa smiled at the boy in the Mets hat. "So, what's your name? I'm Justa."
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

12 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

"Oh, thanks..." Ryder looked up. "My name is Ryder, nice to meet you, Justa."

The bar tender walked up and asked for an oder. "Just a Pepsi, please," Ryder looked down again, still uncomfortable in the building.

297 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:37 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

"Nice to meet you, too." She smiled and ordered a root beer for herself.

"You been here before?" She asked, noticing Ryder's anxiety as he looked down at the counter. He seemed as if he wasn't comfortable being around all the people and their noisiness. Especially since they were all doing such strange things.

Justa hadn't been here before either, as she was travelling to her grandfather's which she usually did by plane. But, she was amused by everyone here, and although she was mostly keeping to herself, she liked to watch the going-ons and would smile or laugh, even, when people did interesting tricks and such.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

12 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm
Pilot says...

"No, it's my first time." The bar tender handed him his Pepsi, and Ryder took a sip. "How about you?"

Ryder noticed the many pool tables, filled with men older than him, probably in their early twenties. He looked at the other side of the bar, were other men and a scattered lady were playing darts, all of them near pros at it. Ryder himself missed almost every time.

He took another sip of his drink.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:23 am
View Likes
thetraveler says...

Trav waltzed out from the small restroom looking radiant. Ryder immediately fell and turned from Justa gawping. He opened his eyes, gulped and dreamily asked the girl who she was. She answered as she sat down on the bar stool next to him, "they call me Trav. You?" She fingered his collar with her long fingernails.
Justa got jealous.
"Excuse me," she started "I was kinda flirting with this guy. You really think that you can steal him from me? No, we're gonna fight this one out. Come on pretty girl, put your fists up, right now."
Trav kissed Ryder on the cheek and stood against the fired-up girl about ready to end Trav's life.
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

12 Reviews

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:24 am
View Likes
Pilot says...

(Whoa whoa whoa, what? xD)
Last edited by Pilot on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:05 pm
View Likes
SunshineandCarnage says...

Sunny looked over the group hug that was still going on and looked at the Tails doll. It seemed to want to stop the two girls fighting over the guy, as it was everyone's guardian angel in the form of a Tails doll. It silently wiggled out of the girl's hands and sailed over to the trio. No one noticed it seemingly consider the battle.
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

297 Reviews

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

thetraveler wrote:Trav waltzed out from the small restroom looking radiant. Ryder immediately fell and turned from Justa gawping. He opened his eyes, gulped and dreamily asked the girl who she was. She answered as she sat down on the bar stool next to him, "they call me Trav. You?" She fingered his collar with her long fingernails.
Justa got jealous.
"Excuse me," she started "I was kinda flirting with this guy. You really think that you can steal him from me? No, we're gonna fight this one out. Come on pretty girl, put your fists up, right now."
Trav kissed Ryder on the cheek and stood against the fired-up girl about ready to end Trav's life.

(O.o Um.........)

Justa quickly realized that it was stupid of her to say that and that she had stood up, ready to fight this new girl for Ryder. She shook her head and took a second look at the girl.

"Hey, sorry." She said. "I don't know what came over me... You can... er... 'have' him. I was just being friendly."

Justa sat back down and looked around the room before noticing a tall man in a dark coat leaving the Tavern. She glared at his back as a staff flashed out of his cloak - he must have been casting a spell on her to make her act ridiculous like that.

28 Reviews

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:45 pm
View Likes
thetraveler says...

(Caught ya by surprize there, huh?)
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

12 Reviews

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm
Pilot says...

Oh no, not at all. Not at all... o_O

297 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 am
View Likes
Justagirl says...

thetraveler wrote:(Caught ya by surprize there, huh?)

(Oh yes, it really freaked me out, as it was totally out of character... O.o)

(Ninja - you could have your character have been bewitched by the same guy who spelled on Justa, if you'd like, it's an easy escape method ;) )

28 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 am
View Likes
thetraveler says...

Trav looked confuzed for a moment and apologised for such behavior, blinking and wondering what had come over her. She sat next to Ryder and assumed an expression of extreme thought-provokedness. She puzzled for a moment more and shruged before turning to Ryder and smiling. She stuck out her hand and offered it to Ryder as a definate form of apology. Ryder smiled back, now not so dreamily nd shook on the pact of not knowing or caring what had come over them. Justa also offered her hand, and the trio were new found friends.
Trav ordered 3 large rootbeer floats for her new buddies.

(Making up for it with the floats, I hope )
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

297 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Justa stuck out her hand and shook Trav's, as she seemed much different also. That enchanter-wizard-guy must've stunned her with a spell too.

"Well, that was really weird." Justa commented as Trav ordered them all rootbeer floats.

The floats came and Justa sucked up half of the cream on the top as Trav and Ryder formed their replies.
Ryder seemed to have come out of his dreamy state and was a tad pink on his cheeks, most likely embarrassed by his unplanned act of dreaminess over Trav.
Trav was sitting modestly at her stool on the other side of Ryder and was looking down at her nails, probably hoping that Ryder would forgive her for intruding on his personal space like she had.

12 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

Right after Ryder had finished his Pepsi, a root beer float was plopped in front of him. He looked around to see if there was a mistake, but Trav waved and mouthed, "It's on me."

"Oh, thanks," Said Ryder. He took a sip. It had been a long time since he had drank a float. Trav held out her hand, and Ryder shook it.

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken