z

Young Writers Society

My First Video(Anti-Flag)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 pm
deleted6 says...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ST_ydCd88

Please comment on this it my first ever video :) .
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:03 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

---
Last edited by Doctor Kitty on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:33 pm
LamaLama says...

Yeah- a better song would have made it more effective, and writing the lyrics for us didn't help. I couldn't bare to sit through the whole thing. So, I'm not sure if me not knowing the point is because of that, or because of bad direction. But I sat through about a minute of it
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:25 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah...Anti-Flag sucks...

Why are you so worried about the U.S. government? Shouldn't you be worried about making your government better? At least the UK has some better bands to make videos about...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:52 am
deleted6 says...

Look i tried hard on it. It was my first one so i knew it would be bad.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 am
Shine says...

electricbluemonkey says:Yeah...Anti-Flag sucks...

I definately don't think so it sucks.
But yeah it needs a lot of work on it.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:02 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Aw, leave the guy alone, it's okay for him to worry about other countries if he wants to :) Bless ya Vernon :P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 am
deleted6 says...

Look right one i can worry about anything i want and two you have to be stupid not at all to be worried at all about the USA. Firstly Anti-Flag sucks well that an opinion and I've nothing against that, but when you say since i live in UK i shouldn't worry about the U.S Government. First of all i can worry about what i want, two or Prime Minister is a pet to your President. So in fact that gives me right to worry about the U.S government. Cause your President does Tony will follow like a dog. So in all anything Bush does affect us here in the UK.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:27 pm
Firestarter says...

Actually, guys, Vernon can be as critical as he wants about "your" government. "Your" government's foreign policies affect the world -- usually for the worst.

Don't pretend people outside America aren't affected.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:54 am
LamaLama says...

Well, that sounds like its a problem with your prime minister being the puppet- and that sounds like what you should be worrying about. Not what we do- thats OUR business.

Besides, Blair isn't as much of a puppet as you think he is. I think Blair and Bush tend to agree on a lot of things, which is a good thing. The UK/US alliance is the strongest either of our fine countries have.

"Your government's foreign policies affect the world -- usually for the worst."
That isn't fair. The US foreign policy has done a lot of good for a lot of people. The actions of the current president have caused harm, no argument there. But that isn't foreign policy, thats called starting a war, and removing a known dictator.

The US has made a commitment to every recognized state in the world, except for cuba, who has refuesed it, to send aide during environmental crisis regardless of standing.

OUR foreing policy is still OURS. If you don't like it, come here, naturalize, and vote. Not only that, but the socio-political ramifications of changing policy are weiged heavily and only enacted by congress after much debate, and only suggested after speaking with the leaders of the nations that that policy would affect.

We are currently outsourcing millions of jobs to third world countries, a policy which is protected by the government, which has a negative impact on the US, but a positive one on those nations.

If you disagree, tell that to the hundreds of thousands of employees in Hungary, India, China, Mexico, El Salvadore, Panama, Vietnam, and Pakistan, to name a small few.

Foreign policy is one thing, and while your statement about it being negative for the world is entirely wrong, I'll swallow your griping about it, based on your *flimsy* argument. For now.

But internal matters are the concern of citizens only. Or do you really think that you are effected when we raise funding to different organizations, or appoint a new judge? Those aren't your problems. Those aren't anyone's problems but the people who vote for our leaders.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:14 am
Galatea says...

It was okay. I would have liked it better if the spellings and grammar had been correct...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies