z

Young Writers Society

Cartoons

Reviews: 1
Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:28 pm
View Likes
SunshineandCarnage says...

I'm almost eighteen and I'm sick and tired of people saying I'm childish for liking cartoons. I can't help it. I'm not talking about Family Guy, Futurama, ect.
I mean real cartoons. I can't help that I love holding onto my youth. That being said, serieses I like (past and present) are:

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Adventure Time (depending on the episode)
The Powerpuff Girls
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 series)
Sonic X (depending on the episode)
Regular Show (kind of ish)
and OMG Scooby Doo!

Shows I'd like to see are:
Sonic SatAm, Adventures, and Underground (heard of but not seen)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

What are your favorite cartoons? What cartoons would you like to see?
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 pm
View Likes
Taxi says...

I can definitely relate. I'm seventeen, and I'm fairly passionate about cartoons. They're my favorite art form, but I of course face being considered "immature" for liking them at my age.

Some of my favorite cartoons are:

Phineas and Ferb (That one's, surprise, my favorite)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Spongebob Squarepants (The *old* episodes)
Invader Zim
The Angry Beavers
Adventure Time (I always wanted to make a cartoon like that when I was a tyke...)
The Powerpuff Girls (I never admitted to liking that show when I was a kid)
The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (that old Disney Channel show)
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron (That show had an interesting charm to it)
The Animaniacs
Freakazoid!
Hey Arnold!
Dexter's Laboratory

I'd like to see Sonic SatAm too. I always wanted to watch that when I was younger, but I never knew what channel/time it came on. I only knew about it because my friends talked about it.
Last edited by Taxi on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:24 pm
View Likes
Kopaka says...

I grew up watching Sonic Sat a.m.

It is amazing. Robotnik is way more eviler than any of the newer incarnations of him.

I watch more Anime than anything else but I like:
Phineas and Ferb

Adventure time and a few other things.
"They are rage, brutal, without mercy, but you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done" -DOOM

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:43 pm
View Likes
Learner1 says...

I'm seventeen, and I still like Looney Tunes, but just the old shows. Should I be ashamed? I don't think so. :wink:
Hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it, so get out there and do it!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:20 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

OMG I LOVE MY LITTLE PONIES: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!! One time my dad walked in the room and it was on, and he called me weird. :D Yeah, that's me.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 pm
View Likes
Blift says...

If you lived in Britain in the 90s and the early 00s you would have seen better cartoon's than the ones they show now but they did show a few American ones, like The Fairly Odd Parents, not sure if Watch My Chops is American.

Tracy Beaker should count as a cartoon since they do have the animated characters shown sometimes.

I remember stuff like Penny Crayon and Raggy Dolls, and Timothy Goes to School, Marvin the Tap-dancing Horse, what else...?

The Time Warp Trio, last time i've seen it on TV was in 2008. You know that show based on Jon Sciezska's books about these three boys who go time-travelling by this special book. Now why did they stop showing that?

Also Rugrats, that was good, and the spin-off All Grown Up.

Oh Cosy Corner, that was only like 5-10 mintues but it was still good. It was high quality as well, I remember it from 2006, but they don't show it anymore.

Oh yeah, how could i forget Pitt and Kantrop, I wish it still gave it on TV, now I have to watch it by YouTube. If you don't know what Pitt and Kantrop is, it's a cartoon about these ancient people, (not sure how long ago) but they have things like mammoths. The main character is Pitt, who is this boy who has a pet pterodactyl (Kantrop). Basically, each episode is about how him, his families and friend survive living in their tribe. There is also a girl called Deena who is the daughter of the Chief Sariac, chief of the tribe, that is. There are other tribes, like the Clook-Clook tribe (don't get me started). Oh by the way, there's giant people called Atlas and Vegas. You should watch this great cartoon.
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm
View Likes
Mikko says...

Scooby-Doo
What's New Scooby-Doo ('cause they're totes not the same thing)
Spongebob Squarepants
Phineas & Ferb
Blift wrote: The Fairly Odd Parents, not sure if Watch My Chops is American.

Tracy Beaker should count as a cartoon since they do have the animated characters shown sometimes.

Also Rugrats, that was good, and the spin-off All Grown Up.

Yes, yes and yes. Tracy Beaker totes counts. Time Warp Trio, I didn't watch it often but I knew what it was about.

And I liked a few Winx Club episodes, but not so much now.

There's Dexter's Lab', Danny Phantom. And OMG Total Drama Island, Total Drama Action etc. and I'm so "stoked" on Stoked - that surfing cartoon. <3

I think (and this is just my opinion) that Canadians are totally awesome at cartoons,if not the best. 8D
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm
View Likes

Me, I was a Pokefreak and I mean season one up to the first movie. I loved Yugioh series one. (I had such a crush on Bakura!) I love that old show Liberty's Kids. What's another, hmm. Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed Edd and Eddy, two brilliant, brilliant kid's shows. I also kinda liked the Adventures of Captain Planet to a point. What else... I used to watch Yu Yu Hakusho when I was a kid back when it was on Adult Swim :3

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 pm
View Likes
lili024 says...

(in no particular order)
Phineas and Ferb
Fairly odd parents
Scooby Doo!
Loony Tunes!
[insert clever signature here]

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 am
View Likes
Blift says...

Mikko wrote:Yes, yes and yes. Tracy Beaker totes counts

Finally, someone on YWS who actually knows who Tracy Beaker is.
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:06 pm

I actually made a My Little Pony Shirt last night that is a play on Footloose. Hoofloose!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm
View Likes

So last night I was watching Sonic Mega Mix. It had three epsiodes of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, two of Sonic Underground, and two of Sonic SatAm. My reviews are as follows (and forgive me if I offend you):

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog: I could barely sit through this. Comparable to Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, this insolent sludge is some of the worst Disney stuff I have ever seen. Sonic and Tails are just two guys who happen to walk into trouble. score 2/5

Sonic Underground: An interesting premise that is ruined by three different storylines meshed together to make one. Sonic, Manic, and Sonia are triplets seperated at birth and later reunited, out to find their mother, Freedom Fighters, and somehow rock stars. The characters, however, are lovable. I liked Manic, but found Sonia a bit annoying. And sadly, it doesn't help that the song segments kinda bite. On the series's good side is the incredible animation. score 3/5

Sonic SatAm formerly known as Sonic the Hedgehog:The Animated Series: The adventures of Sonic, Tails, Princess Sally Acorn, Rotor Walrus, Bunnie Rabbot, and Antoine Depardieu. The characters are cute, but "battle couple" Sonic and Sally have no chemistry whatsoever. Rotor's voice doesn't match him. I did think Bunnie's slight southern drawl as opposed to the full on Texas hey-y'alls-and-yee-haws was refreshing! So many times have I seen the Texas accent misused! Antoine wasn't all that funny, however, and I found Sally a little dry. I know SatAm has faithful fans but here ya are. Good points: animation, and focus on storyline. 3/5

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles