z

Young Writers Society

What's Your Optimal Writing Conditions?

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:35 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Everyone has them. I don't believe there is a writer on God's green Earth who doesn't prefer writing at a certain place, time, or other condition. I'm curious as to yours!

For me, as OCD (Self-diagnosed, probably not really OCD.) as I am (Probably am not.), things must be right to write. It has to be dark wherever I am writing. I have to be using a black keyboard, I can stand to use white, but it draws my eyes away from the writing. Font has to be set right, the style doesn't matter, but the size MUST be 12. I can't have anyone else around, just me and my characters.

I like the TV on, but the volume semi-low. I have to have my headphones on. I tried ear buds, but they don't block out enough sound, or feel quite right. I usually eat first, a banana, or apple or something. I like to be drinking Dr. Pepper. And I loosen up, which usually involves pretending I'm having a seizure till my muscles are nice and loose.

So what are your optimal writing conditions?
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)