z

Young Writers Society

What your name means

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:42 am
Azrael says...

I was just curious what everyone's username meant or where you got it. Here's the meanings of mine:

Azrael-in Islamic lore, Azrael is the angel of death. Also, in my story, Azrael is the middle name of my main character. That's about all for me. What about ya'll?

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:35 am
Niamh says...

Niamh, in Irish mythology, was the Queen of Youth in Tir-Na-nOg. She married Oisin, one of Finn McCumhail's sons, and he was the first mortal to ever enter Tir-Na-nOg. The translation of Niamh means "Radiance."
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:01 am
View Likes
Dynamo says...

Dynamo is a form of electricity, I'm led to believe. The first time I ever saw the word Dynamo (and this may sound strange) was when I was playing Final Fantasy 8 and I saw an item in my inventory that said "Dynamo Stone," which is used to power up your thunder GF in that game. Ever since then, Dynamo has been my trade mark name in video games and such.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:45 am
Torpid says...

Torpid means numbed out, blank, drugged...I thought it was something else...lol

My real name, in like Welsh and Irish mean 'of the sea, and, born of the sea/ocean' which fits cuz I've been swimmin since I was like 3. cool huh? yea I know..

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:09 am
Niamh says...

Is your real name Muir or Murchadh by any chance?
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:12 am
Torpid says...

Dyllan, but close

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:14 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Matthew: Primarily male, Hebrew origin.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:21 am
Elizabeth says...

The Black Rose : Nothing generally... deep or meaningful to that...

My name Elizabeth is Hebrew though... (YUCKS)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:56 pm
Teufelshund says...

Teufelshund (TOY-fels-HOOND)-

1) A mythical monster that haunts Bavarian forests, usually described as a large, black demonic dog.

2) Literally “Devil Dog”, one of the many nicknames bestowed upon the U.S. Marines, originating at the Battle of Belleau Wood when German troops referred to the U.S. Marines as “devil dogs”.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:58 pm
Revere says...

Well, there's two explanations for mine. One is just because green is my favourite colour and water is my favourite element. The other would be because green is the colour of the earth, and water and earth are opposites. If I'm green river, then I'm both water and earth, not just one or the other.

does that make sense?
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:18 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Well, my username is a character name i used once. it is literally spelled KayJuran with no spaces. she was a queen sorta, like the leader of the 'clan of the wing' who had their own language (wingspeak). But at some point i sorta gave up on that story, and i liked the name so much i had to keep it! :P

My real name is hebrew, and means 'ewe' which apparently symbolises innocence. Can anyone guess what it is? :wink:
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:41 pm
zell says...

mine i got from a game i play called final fantasy 8 and i choose this because i like zell because he reminds me abit like myself kinda with the fighting and arguing alot

my real name is robb and it means blue flame but my sis choose it at least its better then being called hammish (yuck) but my dad hates the name my mum likes it (saddo) so really i thank rachel for that THANKS RACH w00t

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:54 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hehe, you're welcome. *bows*
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:54 pm
Muse says...

a) in ancient Greek mythology any of 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne; protector of an art or science

b)the source of an artist's inspiration; "Euterpe was his muse"

c) chew over: reflect deeply on a subject; "I mulled over the events of the
afternoon"; "philosophers have speculated on the question of God for thousands of years"; "The scientist must stop to observe and start to excogitate"

d) a really good band!

I love my name.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:57 pm
Galatea says...

Galatea: Greek, statue brought to life by Aphrodite when it's female-hating creator fell in love with it. Symbol of ultimate female perfection.

Kimberly: From Kimberleigh, English--'She of the royal house'.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison