z

Young Writers Society

Rambling on banned books...

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:38 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Thought you all would like this, my newest entry in my LJ about banned books, and such.

http://asphaltlens.livejournal.com/ or you can go here: http://asphaltlens.livejournal.com/705.html

Ciao CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:05 pm
Elizabeth says...

All' Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque - banned in 1933 Germany and public burned. Ouch, write a book about the horrors of the First World War, and look what happens...

WE'RE READING THAT NOW!
Oh God though, it's sick though... if you really really put your imagination into it.

*Continutes to read rest of the rant*

Oh my God, I have so much to say to all of these, I can't even handle it. We're all rascist towards something it doesn't mean we have to go an kill it off... anymore....
BLACK BEAUTY! Would you rather have I say... Raven Beauty? Or would the BIRDS be offended?!

I bought Farenhiet 451... Yeah... if it was banned, it must be good.
The Giver was good. Actually, I planned to make a similar town in one of my stories... I wonder where it'll get banned!

I actually read through the entire list, total, I have reador heard about at least half these books... Wow... Wow...
Teach me how to BURN the people who BAN the books. *Bows down to you*

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:45 pm
Cassandra says...

Man, I was looking for some reading material...*scribbles down the names of all the banned books she hasn't read* Thanks! ;)

688 Reviews

Reviews: 688
Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:38 pm
xanthan gum says...

Wow. I read half these books when I was younger than ten. What I find suprising it that I've read many books with violent language and sexual scenes that never made it on that list.... I guess only the popular ones get the blow, right?
Carpe Diem.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:59 pm
Cassandra says...

^ I think so. I can think of a handful of books off the top of my head that some idiot could add to this list. Hopefully they won't. I hate censorship.
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:58 am
Bjorn says...

I feel sorry for the people in Germany right now... Unable to read Mein Kampf, on the grounds that it is Hitler's virtual auto-biography. 37 bucks at the bookstore! That's robbery, and it's paperback....

I'm amazed that some of these books would be banned. You'd think we were living in a dictatorship...Which, actually, is, to some extent, true... For all North American-ers.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris