z

Young Writers Society

Would you rather....

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:55 pm
LadySpark says...

moisturizer.

would you rather never be able to read again, or only have 1 person (a person you really hate) to talk to?
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm
HIGHWHITESOCKS says...

Person I hate. I think I could get past our differences and learn to like them. I did with my very best friend!

If your significant other was cheating on you, would you rather it be someone you knew, or a total stranger?
Would you kindly?

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:37 pm
Emmzziee says...

A total stranger. If it was somebody I knew, I know I'd have to learn to hate the two people that I used to love. Unless... I didn't know the person that well... And anyway, if my partner was cheating on me, no matter how "special" my partner is, I'd find it soooo hard to forgive them anyway... :|
Would you rather ... live in night-time darkness all of the time, or have to bathe in something yucky every night..? :? :D
Xx
I want to play a game.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:21 pm
Warrior Princess says...

Bathe something yucky every night. I'm what you might call a lucimaniac, or whatever. I'm obsessed with light. Not that I have to have light all the time, just that I am quite addicted to the concept of light itself. I enjoy staring at it for some strange reason. . . . anyway, living in darkness for rest of my life would be even worse than the unpleasant bath arrangement. :P

Would you rather be given a small sword and then locked in a gladiator arena with a very hungry lion, or with a very skilled warrior who also has a sword?
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

94 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 pm
HIGHWHITESOCKS says...

Lion. They're much easier to outsmart. Match it's predatory strafe, not taking your eyes off it for a second, then, wait for it to pounce. You have a couple options:
1. Sidestep the pounce and slash at it with your sword. Repeat maneuver until its unable to pounce, then with quick feet, you can easily handle it.
2. Jump forward into the charge at the last second, making sure to jump above the claws, then slash down at it with the sword. Repeat until lion is defeated.
:D Battle Strategies 101: Lion. Next week, we'll discuss bears!

Would you rather face down an angry grizzly bear with only a staff, or face down an angry wild boar with only a club?
Would you kindly?

180 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 am
Warrior Princess says...

^^^Very nice battle strategy, Socks. I must applaud. :)

And I think I'd rather face the boar with the club. First of all, I am terrified of bears, especially when they are angry and of the grizzly variety. Secondly, they are much bigger than wild boars. Thirdly, a club is a heavier weapon than a staff. With a club you might have a chance of bludgeoning the attacker into submission, but with a staff, pretty much your only hope would be to ram it into the eyes or down the throat.

(Great, now I'm doing the whole battle strategies thing too. . . .)

Anyway! Would you rather sing a very complex and advanced classical aria on stage in front of 20,000 people--or perform an equally complex and advanced dance solo?

94 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:27 am
HIGHWHITESOCKS says...

^^^Boars are tough animals, with thick skulls, and even thicker skin. Haha, a club would be difficult to beat them with, but I'm sure it's possible! With enough optimism! haha, and thank you for your complements on my battle strategies, my friends and I talk about them a lot.

I would rather sing, easily. Haha, I have three left feet.

Would you rather go on a blind date set up by someone who absolutely hated you, or go on a date with someone you hated for somebody you loved?
Would you kindly?

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 am
Ranger Hawk says...

The date set up by my hater -- doesn't mean I won't end up liking whomever they set me up with. :P

Would you rather have constant summer or constant winter?
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 am
Eniarrol says...

Summer. But only as long as we get school off too otherwise its really boring sitting in a hot,stuffy classroom.

Would you rather commit sucicide or be murdered by the one you thought you could trust?
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm
JustACanvas says...

Can I join?

Depending on how gruesome the murder I'd still prefer it to taking my own life. Murdered by the one I thought I could trust.

Would you rather be constantly invisible or constantly stared at and scrutinized?
Anything different is just an invasion of your livelihood and you will fight to protect it. Answer me this; shouldn’t you be fighting to get out, to be something more? Or do you enjoy being just like the rest? - J.A.C 23/11/10

94 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm
HIGHWHITESOCKS says...

Ooh, good question! I think I'd rather be invisible. There's a certain magic to an invisible person in not being seen, haha.

Would you rather eat nothing but mushrooms for a whole month, or wear only the color orange for a whole month?
Would you kindly?

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:47 pm
Emmzziee says...

Only wear the colour orange for a whole month! Definately! :O What's wrong with orange?! :D
Mushrooms = blech...

Would you rather be sent to prison for life; for a very serious crime which you did not commit, or sent to a lunatic asalum (I spelt that wrong, didn't I?) :O sorry, or sent to a lunatic asalum for life; you yourself being the only one who knows that you are not crazy...?
(Ever seen the film gothika..? Well, for that kind of thing :) )
I want to play a game.

94 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:52 pm
HIGHWHITESOCKS says...

Hmmm, tough question. In actuality, part of insanity is not denying your own sanity. So if you think you're insane, you probably aren't. But spending time around insane people might make me get there. I'd go to prison.

Would you rather be shot 25 times from 10 yards with an airsoft rifle, or have 25 lashings with a coarse, gritty rope?
Would you kindly?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 pm
Sunshine says...

Notice how none of us would give up our writing or reading abilities.

Lashed. Airsoft rifles are just...no.

Would you rather dance on a rooftop or hike underground?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

180 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 pm
Warrior Princess says...

Dance on a rooftop. That sounds like wicked fun. Besides, I HATE being underground.

Would you rather have to walk blindfolded across a six-inch wide plank over a deep gorge, or be chased across the same plank by a guy with a machete (assuming he has incredible balance and won't fall), meaning you'll have to run?

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady