No votes
Wait.. what?
No votes

Total votes : 8

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:35 pm
Nai says...

Okay this is just a funny survey to see how addicted you are to Lord of the Rings

Use bold for the ones that apply
Underline the ones that you've done once or seen someone else do
And the ones that don't apply, don't alter

Here's mine:

You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation. (I just talked about it a lot)

You like to tell your mom that you are hungry by quoting: "Merry, I'm hungry."

She used to just laugh, but now she says, "What would you like to eat, Pippin?"

You continually ask your parents for second breakfast. (I did it the next morning after I saw the first movie)

All the staff at your local cinema knows you by your first name and even before you open your mouth to speak, they say "Ticket for 'Fellowship of The Ring?'"

You hate Burger King food, but you ate nothing else for a month to get the toys.

You've crammed up your computer's memory by downloading every single screensaver from www.LordoftheRings.net

You wander around the house in a knee length nightie, pyjama trousers and an unfastened dressing gown (to give you a train). You are trying to be an elf, and actually manage to forget that the nightie is blue with dolphins, the trousers have teddies on and the dressing gown is tartan.

Your Lord of the Rings shirt has not yet met the washing machine.

You don't have enough money to buy groceries for the next week before payday, yet you charge $50 on your credit card to get a three year charter membership in the official LOTR fan club. Who needs food anyway?

You refer to parts of your town as parts of Middle-Earth.

You wear hobbitish clothing as part of your normal wardrobe.

You sometimes let your hair go curly after a wash, and then run around the house in bare feet yelling "I'm a hobbit!"

You hate it when Elves are only thought of as 'Santa's little helpers' and have tried to explain the difference between Santa-elves and Syrian Elves to your 5-year old cousins. (lol I hate that, i've been working on a new name for fantasy elves, not santa's elves to use in all my fantasy books.. hoping it will be used more often.. somehow)

You speak in Quenya just to annoy your friends.

You refer to regular elephants as oliphaunts. (did that once)

While buttering a piece of bread, you suddenly think of Bilbo (remember when he was talking to Gandalf about feeling tired) saying that he felt 'like butter spread over too much bread.' (I think of that scene whenever I make toast)

You renamed your car the Wraith-mobile.

You have a replica of The One Ring.

You are beginning to resemble a panda due to the fact that you've stayed up until 2 am reading and re-reading the great books.

You actually managed to read the Silmarillion without being tempted to give up on this whole middle earth malarkey. (haven't read it yet)

You now have a lifetime fear of black horses!

You haven't removed the soundtrack from your CD player since you bought it.

You have sssudenly developed a hisssing lisssp every time you sssay the letter ssss.

You have looked both on the net and in the phone book to see if archery and sword fighting lessions are offered in your area. (looked through the phonebook just to see if there was actually any)

You have begun calling your husband / wife / girlfriend/ boyfriend / animal or kid my precioussss.

You happily traveled over an hour to the next town to see "it" because that theater has a better sound system than the one 5 minutes down the road. (not over an hour, just way out of the way when we have tons of movie theaters closer than the one we went to)

You have called every theatrical or specialty makeup company in town looking for pointy ear or hairy feet prosthetics.

You've worn your plastic "one ring" that came on your Legolas bookmark so much the gold is completely worn off.

You've begun drafting a letter to the Webster's dictionary people requesting that they include "Ringers" in their next edition.

At Christmas time relatives find you chatting with the tree and sharing eggnog draughts

Single ads with the description," short plump and big hairy feet" seem much more appealing.

You know The LoTR history better then your family history. (lol all I know about my family is our ethnicity)

You have a mouse named Frodo, a bird named Gollum, and a dog named Gandalf. And that cat that keeps coming around to be petted is Legolas.

You know Elvish better then English.

Whenever something goes wrong, it's Sauron's fault.

When you sing in the shower, it's always about Gil-Galad or hobbit walking songs...

You know everything about Middle Earth geography, but you can't get someone from your house to the ice cream parlor. Now the nearest movie theater, that is a different story.

You think the names of the 7 dwarves from Snow White are: Gimli, Gloin, Thorin, Gili, Nili, Ori, and Bambour.

You have developed your own special Tolkien handwriting. "A firm, flowing script..."

Words like "Yrch" make sense to you. (lol I actually don't know what that means, but if I did, I don't see the harm in using it)

You've become strangely obsessed with mushrooms.

Whenever you close a door, you say "They have a cave troll!" (lol i'm gonna do that next time i'm with my friends)

When you come to a dead end you're still convinced that the road goes ever on and on.

There's a sign on your door saying "Speak Friend and enter!"

Whenever you get a chance, you burst into song. Preferably one that has more than 20 verses.

You change your name by deed poll to a Tolkien character and seriously consider naming your children after LOTR characters.

Every time you see birds in the sky you have the urge to say "Fly you fools!"

When someone knocks on your door you grab them, pull them inside and ask "Are you frightend?... Not nearly frightend enough!" (did that once to my dad)

Your computer's screensaver is a marquee reading, "Ennyn Durin atan Moria: pedo mellon a mino" and the password is actually "mellon".

You cannot see a beer without blurting out "It comes in pints? I'm getting one!"

You just can't keep yourself from saying "nobody tosses a Dwarf" at inappropriate moments.

A shadow and a threat is growing in your mind.

You now referring to your friends as your 'Fellowship' and insist that you have epic adventures.

You stand in the doorway and tell your cat that he 'Can not pass'.

You wash your face in the sink and expect to see things that are, that have been or that will be.

Your wedding band has started to weigh you down with it's evil powers.

Spending $35 at the grocery store seems expensive but its Perfectly fine to spend $70 on the Hardcover LOTR book with Alan Lee Illustrations. (I haven't bought that book, but that's how I am with any book I like)

You start keeping a LOTR Journal to write poems and inklings in.

You face every difficult decision with the thought "now what would Gandalf advise me to do?"

You know what Entmoot, Ent draught, or an Ent is for that matter

You've gained 20 pounds because you've started eating a "Second Breakfast"

A walking stick... you never leave home with out it.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends who are addicted to Lord of the Rings.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:21 pm
Duskglimmer says...

You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation. All. The. Time.

You continually ask your parents for second breakfast. I did it once... or twice... but not often.

All the staff at your local cinema knows you by your first name and even before you open your mouth to speak, they say "Ticket for 'Fellowship of The Ring?'"

You hate Burger King food, but you ate nothing else for a month to get the toys.

You've crammed up your computer's memory by downloading every single screensaver from www.LordoftheRings.net *hides, embarressed*

You wander around the house in a knee length nightie, pyjama trousers and an unfastened dressing gown (to give you a train). You are trying to be an elf, and actually manage to forget that the nightie is blue with dolphins, the trousers have teddies on and the dressing gown is tartan. (but no one has noticed that that's where it's from yet... he he he... and it's comfy to boot!

Your Lord of the Rings shirt has not yet met the washing machine. it didn't for about two weeks after I got it...

You don't have enough money to buy groceries for the next week before payday, yet you charge $50 on your credit card to get a three year charter membership in the official LOTR fan club. Who needs food anyway?

You refer to parts of your town as parts of Middle-Earth. Yes! But there are actually parts of my town named after things in middle earth

You sometimes let your hair go curly after a wash, and then run around the house in bare feet yelling "I'm a hobbit!"

You hate it when Elves are only thought of as 'Santa's little helpers' and have tried to explain the difference between Santa-elves and Syrian Elves to your 5-year old cousins. not my five year old cousins... but anyone else that dares to argue with me...

You speak in Quenya just to annoy your friends. YUP! he he he... I know so many insults in elvish, it's not funny.

You refer to regular elephants as oliphaunts. I swear it just came out!

While buttering a piece of bread, you suddenly think of Bilbo (remember when he was talking to Gandalf about feeling tired) saying that he felt 'like butter spread over too much bread.' Depends on when the last time I watched the Fellowship...

You are beginning to resemble a panda due to the fact that you've stayed up until 2 am reading and re-reading the great books.

You actually managed to read the Silmarillion without being tempted to give up on this whole middle earth malarkey. haven't yet... but I intend to...

You haven't removed the soundtrack from your CD player since you bought it. I didn't for about a week and a half after I got it...

You have sssudenly developed a hisssing lisssp every time you sssay the letter ssss.

You have looked both on the net and in the phone book to see if archery and sword fighting lessions are offered in your area.

You have begun calling your husband / wife / girlfriend/ boyfriend / animal or kid my precioussss. I do that every so often...

You happily traveled over an hour to the next town to see "it" because that theater has a better sound system than the one 5 minutes down the road.

You have called every theatrical or specialty makeup company in town looking for pointy ear or hairy feet prosthetics.

You've worn your plastic "one ring" that came on your Legolas bookmark so much the gold is completely worn off. almost! there's still just this tiny bit of gold on one side.

You've begun drafting a letter to the Webster's dictionary people requesting that they include "Ringers" in their next edition.

At Christmas time relatives find you chatting with the tree and sharing eggnog draughts

Single ads with the description," short plump and big hairy feet" seem much more appealing.

You know The LoTR history better then your family history. yeah... but that's not sayin' much

You have a mouse named Frodo, a bird named Gollum, and a dog named Gandalf. And that cat that keeps coming around to be petted is Legolas.

When you sing in the shower, it's always about Gil-Galad or hobbit walking songs...

You know everything about Middle Earth geography, but you can't get someone from your house to the ice cream parlor. Now the nearest movie theater, that is a different story.

You think the names of the 7 dwarves from Snow White are: Gimli, Gloin, Thorin, Gili, Nili, Ori, and Bambour. I did that once! just once! someone asked for the names of the seven dwarves and my mind was completely lotr-ized at the time.

You have developed your own special Tolkien handwriting. "A firm, flowing script..."

Words like "Yrch" make sense to you. nods. you betcha! I know exactly what you're talking about!

You've become strangely obsessed with mushrooms. *mimicking Pippin* Mushrooms!

Whenever you close a door, you say "They have a cave troll!" I've done it every once in a while.

When you come to a dead end you're still convinced that the road goes ever on and on.

There's a sign on your door saying "Speak Friend and enter!" thought about it. Haven't done it... yet.

Whenever you get a chance, you burst into song. Preferably one that has more than 20 verses.

You change your name by deed poll to a Tolkien character and seriously consider naming your children after LOTR characters. ALMOST. I'm seriously considering naming my daughter "Lorien".

When someone knocks on your door you grab them, pull them inside and ask "Are you frightend?... Not nearly frightend enough!" haven't done it yet, but I considered doing it to my sister/fellow LOTR freak.

Your computer's screensaver is a marquee reading, "Ennyn Durin atan Moria: pedo mellon a mino" and the password is actually "mellon".

You cannot see a beer without blurting out "It comes in pints? I'm getting one!"

You just can't keep yourself from saying "nobody tosses a Dwarf" at inappropriate moments.

You now referring to your friends as your 'Fellowship' and insist that you have epic adventures.

You wash your face in the sink and expect to see things that are, that have been or that will be.

Spending $35 at the grocery store seems expensive but its Perfectly fine to spend $70 on the Hardcover LOTR book with Alan Lee Illustrations.

You face every difficult decision with the thought "now what would Gandalf advise me to do?"

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends who are addicted to Lord of the Rings.

:shock: boy... there are alot of underlined/bolded things on this list...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 pm
Zion says...

Many, many of them...im too lazy to bold/underline them. But I HAAAATE it when people mix santa elves and tolkien elves. The SHAME! :evil: The evil!
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:49 pm
forest_ofthe_nightingale says...

You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation. (like all the time!!!)

You continually ask your parents for second breakfast. (My mom will give it to me sometimes too...)

All the staff at your local cinema knows you by your first name and even before you open your mouth to speak, they say "Ticket for 'Fellowship of The Ring?'" (well, ROTK, but oh well.)

You've crammed up your computer's memory by downloading every single screensaver from www.LordoftheRings.net

You wander around the house in a knee length nightie, pyjama trousers and an unfastened dressing gown (to give you a train). You are trying to be an elf, and actually manage to forget that the nightie is blue with dolphins, the trousers have teddies on and the dressing gown is tartan.

You hate it when Elves are only thought of as 'Santa's little helpers' and have tried to explain the difference between Santa-elves and Syrian Elves to your 5-year old cousins.

You refer to regular elephants as oliphaunts.

While buttering a piece of bread, you suddenly think of Bilbo (remember when he was talking to Gandalf about feeling tired) saying that he felt 'like butter spread over too much bread.'

You actually managed to read the Silmarillion without being tempted to give up on this whole middle earth malarkey.

You have looked both on the net and in the phone book to see if archery and sword fighting lessions are offered in your area.

You have begun calling your husband / wife / girlfriend/ boyfriend / animal or kid my precioussss.

You happily traveled over an hour to the next town to see "it" because that theater has a better sound system than the one 5 minutes down the road.

You've worn your plastic "one ring" that came on your Legolas bookmark so much the gold is completely worn off.

You know The LoTR history better then your family history.

You think the names of the 7 dwarves from Snow White are: Gimli, Gloin, Thorin, Gili, Nili, Ori, and Bambour.

Words like "Yrch" make sense to you.

Whenever you close a door, you say "They have a cave troll!" (oooohhhh I like that one!!)

You change your name by deed poll to a Tolkien character and seriously consider naming your children after LOTR characters.

Every time you see birds in the sky you have the urge to say "Fly you fools!" (not birds, but fellow runners)

When someone knocks on your door you grab them, pull them inside and ask "Are you frightend?... Not nearly frightend enough!"

You just can't keep yourself from saying "nobody tosses a Dwarf" at inappropriate moments. (during practice someone tried to throw me in the pool with my clothes on... they failed)

Spending $35 at the grocery store seems expensive but its Perfectly fine to spend $70 on the Hardcover LOTR book with Alan Lee Illustrations.

I think there's something wrong with me... alas, these days are soon to pass.
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake... unless it's to remind him that he won't fail... he just won't kill you.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm
TurquoiseLion says...

Nai wrote:Okay this is just a funny survey to see how addicted you are to Lord of the Rings

Use bold for the ones that apply
Underline the ones that you've done once or seen someone else do
And the ones that don't apply, don't alter

Here's mine:

You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation. (I just talked about it a lot)

You continually ask your parents for second breakfast. (I did it the next morning after I saw the first movie)

You've crammed up your computer's memory by downloading every single screensaver from http://www.LordoftheRings.net

You hate it when Elves are only thought of as 'Santa's little helpers' and have tried to explain the difference between Santa-elves and Syrian Elves to your 5-year old cousins. (lol I hate that, i've been working on a new name for fantasy elves, not santa's elves to use in all my fantasy books.. hoping it will be used more often.. somehow)

You refer to regular elephants as oliphaunts. (I have a long history with oliphaunts)

While buttering a piece of bread, you suddenly think of Bilbo (remember when he was talking to Gandalf about feeling tired) saying that he felt 'like butter spread over too much bread.' (I think of that scene whenever I make toast)

You actually managed to read the Silmarillion without being tempted to give up on this whole middle earth malarkey. (haven't read it yet)

You have looked both on the net and in the phone book to see if archery and sword fighting lessions are offered in your area. (looked through the phonebook just to see if there was actually any)

You have begun calling your husband / wife / girlfriend/ boyfriend / animal or kid my precioussss. (Even though my boyfriend is a fictional character)

You happily traveled over an hour to the next town to see "it" because that theater has a better sound system than the one 5 minutes down the road. (not over an hour, just way out of the way when we have tons of movie theaters closer than the one we went to)

You know The LoTR history better then your family history. (lol all I know about my family is our ethnicity)

You think the names of the 7 dwarves from Snow White are: Gimli, Gloin, Thorin, Fili, Kili, Ori, and Bombur.

Words like "Yrch" make sense to you. (lol I actually don't know what that means, but if I did, I don't see the harm in using it)

Whenever you close a door, you say "They have a cave troll!" (lol i'm gonna do that next time i'm with my friends)

When someone knocks on your door you grab them, pull them inside and ask "Are you frightend?... Not nearly frightend enough!" (did that once to my dad)

Spending $35 at the grocery store seems expensive but its Perfectly fine to spend $70 on the Hardcover LOTR book with Alan Lee Illustrations. (I haven't bought that book, but that's how I am with any book I like)

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend." -Stephen King

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25