z

Young Writers Society

You Know You're a Nerd When...

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:32 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

You know you're a nerd when you work in a library. And you intentionally took the saturday shift, when all the non-nerds are out parting, so you can get more homework done while you're there. (Or go on YWS, because you're a terrible procrastinator)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:45 am
View Likes
Nikko says...

You know you're a nerd when you speak english all the time even when you're born in a non-english speaking country (Or just plain hispstah! O:).
"The means dictates the end" - Denam Morne

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

You know you're a nerd when your displeased with your one bad testin Latin 101. Which is actually just an A rather than an A+.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:22 am
View Likes
Mikko says...

You know you're a nerd when you think Tom Lehrer is the next BIG thing.

And when you want to marry Sheldon Cooper.

True facts. *Nods*
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:59 am
View Likes
HibiscusBlush says...

You know you're a nerd when you're glasses fall slightly down your nose and you use a finger to precisely shove them back up from the center. Which is so cute to watch too! :smt003
Previously known as Aloha

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:30 am
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

You KNOW you're a nerd when you call yourself an idiot in three different languages in the middle of Walmart (true story- English, Spanish, and ASL)

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 am
View Likes
live1out2loud7 says...

you know your a nerd when you spend three hour car rides doing nothing but finding Latin routes in English words.
Not that I would know anything about that...
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now. So does avoiding homework and creeping around YWS!

Want a poem reviewed?
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96651

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:17 am
stargazer9927 says...

You know you're a nerd when you fake well so you can go to school and your mother doesn't believe you...
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm
turtlethatroars says...

You know the definition of nerd is a stupid, unsocial, unattractive person.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 pm
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

tkpejb wrote:You know the definition of nerd is a stupid, unsocial, unattractive person.

Not true. I looked it up on Word (I'm not sure where you looked it up but Word is my favorite) and it means: "somebody who is considered to be excessively interested in a subject or activity that is regarded as too technical or scientific." And I think it's a term that depends on how you look at it. If you take it as an insult, that's your choice. I don't take it as an insult because although I may not be stupid or unattractive I believe I am one. Depends on the person.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:22 am
creativityrules says...

You know you're a nerd when you constantly quote Star Wars (including the Chewbacca growl thingy), you stay up past midnight reading medieval-inspired novels, and you continually draw smiley faces with glasses in your spiral notebook. :D
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:50 am
View Likes
DragonGirl11 says...

You know you're a nerd when:
-you get angry when people who should know better make grammar mistakes. Especially those who call themselves nerds and should know better.
-you listen to Sheldon and Leonard argue about nerd stuff and you wish you had a friend you could talk about stuff like that with.
-you adore your Grade 11 Advanced Math class even though you're in Grade 10.
-you hang out with your parents' friends because they're cooler than your own (and when one of said parents' friends is a computer programmer)
-your favourite conversation yet (and with your crush no less) was about how time is actually a dimension.

Guilty of it all :)
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:40 am
Emmzziee says...

you know you're a nerd when you listen to Mozart. :smt023
I want to play a game.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:23 pm
Confictura says...

You know you're a nerd when you tested in a dark room for 8 hours straight so that you could skip a grade so that you could go to school online...

yeeeaaaaahhhh...
Help, help! I'm being repressed!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:02 pm
View Likes
Anoia says...

Mikko wrote:You know you're a nerd when you think Tom Lehrer is the next BIG thing.

And when you want to marry Sheldon Cooper.

True facts. *Nods*

And when you hear 4 beats and you think Uh-Oh, the Master is coming, oh, wait, it's only Wilf!
You quote something and all your friends look at you like you suffer from polycephaly (yes, I admit, I did just look up the word for having multiple heads!)
When you look up the word for things you could say in simpler terms... ;)
When you use a word that nobody around you knows what it means!
When your family leaves you home-alone for 4 hours while they're at the football match, and you spend it a) Writing, b) Listening to classical music, c) Reading The Picture of Dorian Grey and writing out quotes for later reference and, d) On YWS! :)
I could go on, but I'm sure you all get the idea...
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words