z

Young Writers Society

Keep the story going.....

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:36 am
~PrIcElEsSlOvE~ says...

Keep the story going....

It was a dark night in mid-october, about two week until hallowen. It was one of those eerie times when the moon had not come out, instead leaving the sky filled with heavy grey clouds, which illiminated the chance of stars. Kaye and Jordan were sitting on the edge of the wharf at DeadEnd point. She had her feet dangling in the cold, black water, smiling at him with her perfect face. He had his legs crossed under himself, his arms gently touching her shoulders....they were young, 13 and 14 so as they sat there, their life experiences were few, their knowledge little.....it was the scream, so loud, peircing and defining that it made them both jump several feet.....
~*~PrIcLeSslOvE~*~

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:48 am
Mia says...

She was unsure it was apparent in her eyes, she was also terrified. They both leapt up and ran to the noises coming from a nearby wood. Both stopped dead before entering carefully glancing to the ground where blood was splattered in a strange shape.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:47 pm
Carmina says...

The blood splatters made a five pointed star. "Oh God," Kaye wispered. "What does it mean?" Jordan didn't answer. He looked farthur into the woods at a trail of blood leading deep into the trees. He took a deep breath and...
I reject your reality and substitute my own

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm
Rincewind says...

Made the right choice and started walking the opposite direction.
"Shouldn't we investigate Jordan?" Kaye asked him and tugged on his sleeve.
"Kaye, whatever did that is just waiting for us to walk into the dark creepy forest, without a flashlight, withno one around for miles. The best the we can do right now is get the hell out of here, and fast."

Kaye, a little disgruntled by her boyfriends apparant cowardice, srhugged a little and trudged along in the dark a couple feet behind Jordan.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:36 pm
Bjorn says...

Kaye was looking at the ground most of the time, staring at Jordans feet until their movement became almost mechanical, and she herself started trudging along to the rhythm. She was so entranced by her own moving then, that when she looked up, Jordan was gone! Where had he gone? Surely not far, or was he playing a trick on her. True enough she was still shaken by the shriek and the blood, and in this darkness her fear was magnified. Now would be the perfect time for Jordan to jump out and give her permanent brain damage. Yet he did not. 'Jordan?' she whispered. Nothing. Again, but a little louder. Still nothing. 'Oh shit on him,' she thought, and continued to walk alone in the cold darkness. For indeed the night was strangely chill, though it was summer, and she ever felt as if something was watching her, from afar, or behind her. And looking back she would see nothing, yet continue to walk brisker every time she did. Until finally, when the darkness siezed her heart and held it firmly in its black grip, she ran madly, as would a wild boar in a frenzied rage, not caring where her feet took her, as long as the darkness and fear left her. She stopped. She stepped in liquid, and looking down found she was standing in a pile of blood, which was shaped, oddly enough, like a five-point star...

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:38 am
Boni_Bee says...

...she screamed, loud and long, and then started running blindly, not caring where she went, only wanting to get away...she could hear something bushing the bushes behind her, but she hardly listend as the thought that Jordan had gone, and was possibly killed kept going through her head. She ran on, and on....

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:33 am
Jiggity says...

Out of breath and near crazed with fear, she stopped; turned around and tried to see wether she was still being followed. She could hear nothing but the panicked beating of her heart and her rapid breathing formed puffs of mist in the air...when had it got so cold? She shivered feeling the sweat all over her body freeze against her skin, sending shivers up her spine. The silence went on, stretching her nerves to breaking point. Slowly-so as not to make any noise, she turned back around...and came face to face with Jordan.
Her terrified shriek tore trough the night...
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:26 am
Bjorn says...

Jordan didn't move, and when Kaye fell in a swoon she simply fell on top of him, and they both went crashing down. When she came to herself, she was staring straight into Jordan's blood-shot eyes. "Jordan?' she whispered.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:43 pm
AzureTearz says...

"Kaye! Are you alright?" Jordan asked, water dripping from his jet black hair onto Kaye's cheek.
"Um....yeah" Kaye mumbled, her vision clearing. It was like time studdered as she rolled her eyes over the night scene, never remembering lying down in Jordan's arms and wondering how he's gotten wet. An intense chill crept over her body as she noticed that she was soaking wet too.
"What happened?" Kaye asked.
"First you were sitting next to me, the next you fell into the water. I went in to get you, but you were under that water for a long time. I don't even know how I found you, I couldn't see a thing down there."
"You didn't hear that noise?" she asked remembering vividly, running from something, and splatters of blood.
"What noise? You looked into the water and fell in....it might sound a little crazy but it almost looked like you jumped in." Jordan said getting up, still holding Kaye in his ghost white wirey arms.
Kaye stared at the surface of the lake feeling strangely different than she had a moment before. "Did I pass out?" she asked herself trying not to let the reputation of that lake scare her....
They spill from my fingers like mollases but birth a taste in your mind similar to what love should taste like....Decadent unforgetable Words

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:46 am
bubblewrapped says...

"I think you might've," Jordan said, shrugging. He looked pale, and suddenly she realized that they were both shaking. "God, Kyra, that was so...are you sure you're all right? You dont want me to take you to the hospital, or something?"
"No. I dont know. I think I'm all right."
Kyra was barely listening. She stared into the dark water, hearing the scream again in her mind, reverberating through the cold night. But it wasnt cold, she realized suddenly. She was wet and shivering, sure, but the night was balmy and warm, just as it had been before she and Jordan heard that noise - or whatever it was that had happened. Spooked, she took Jordan's hand and moved closer to him.
"Lets go home, eh? I'm cold."
"Yeah, sure." Jordan still looked a little creeped. "Come on."
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:55 am
goldenlily says...

They started on their way, both calming down as they walked. Kaye began to relax. She looked up at the sky as she held onto Jordan's arm, and breathed deeply. The stars and moon were still not visible. she looked ahead. They were walking slowly enough for her to study her surroundings the best she could in the dark. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
"Well, this was interesting," Jordan ventured, trying to further ease Kaye's mind with lighthearted and nonchalont humor. But it didn't work. Infact, it seemed to make Kaye even more disturbed. But that wasn't the case, for he could not see what she saw at that very moment.
goldenlily

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:15 am
Via says...

>>isn't this classified as a 'storybook'?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn