z

Young Writers Society

Nationality

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:49 am
View Likes
Sam says...

I consider myself English (you can laugh, Jack).

My family lived in England for (I have to look this up some time. But I am guessing about 700+ years) and then in 163-something came to America.

AHAHAHA! Isn't my ancestry FASCINATING?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:42 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

Nate wrote:And maybe one day Australian!

DAMN RIGHT! XD But yeah, I'm Australian (not indigeneous though) My mum was born in england, my real dad, in Australia I think... and I'm not sure how far you'd have to go back but I think there might be some german on my dad's side.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:53 am
View Likes
Liz says...

Australian! My dad's family' english, but he's lived here almost all his life. My mum's family has been here for ages...well, as far back as European arrival. Go really far back and you'll find Irish though. I consider myself Australian...yeah, so I'm not indigenous, but my ancestors have lived here for a long while.
purple sneakers

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:47 am
View Likes
Fool says...

A British girl here, born in Scotland, so im technically a Scot, even though i live in England and consider myself a Forester, so it's sorta hard.

Oh yeah, a Forester, just in case your wondering, is a person who lives in a certain forest (duh), has a fairly broad accent of the area and is proud to say she's a forester even though no one else knows what it means.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I consider myself English (you can laugh, Jack).

My family lived in England for (I have to look this up some time. But I am guessing about 700+ years) and then in 163-something came to America.

AHAHAHA! Isn't my ancestry FASCINATING?

You can consider yourself English, but you're not.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1258 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:06 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Unless you're Native American, you're technically not 'American'. :lol:

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:47 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Well you're certainly not English. I'm probably not 'English' either if you want to get technical, seeing as being English is now a mix of German, Scandinavian, French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Italian and so on and so forth.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:08 pm
Chanson says...

i'm irish. i'm not 10% this or that, even if my dad is american and i hold an american passport. i also hold british and irish passports.

but i'm just irish.

one of the Top Ten Things That Annoy Me are people who, because their greatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandmother was irish, like to tell me that they are irish. drives me up the wall, round the bend and over the hill.
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

1258 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:19 am
View Likes
Sam says...

Well...it kinda makes sense to say that, Chanson. Even though we claim to be diverse, we mostly stick to our own species. Especially here en la US of A...

British Guy-Marries British Woman-Has British Children-Who Also Married British Men/Women-Who Married More British Men and Women...and so on, for the next 400 years.

To Restate: Yep. That's my family. No cultural diversity, honestly...

- Demetri Martin

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:03 am
View Likes
Teeeeo. says...

I hate America... I can't bring myself to call myself it... I'm packing my bags and leaving ASAP...

Though I am some of these:

Native American (Why do we have to be called Native 'American'? We should just be called the Anishinaabe...)
French
Finnish
Swedish
Italian
And a few others I have forgotten :P

I need to consult my family tree...

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:59 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I haven't really decided what I would call myself...

my ancestors are from (in no order)
mom's side: Russia, poland, ukraine (kiev), germany, latvia (eh, that's all mom knows) Jewish on mom's side as well, and that's what consider myself (and dan, it should be a nationality)
dad's side: UK (way back), germany, france (that's all HE knows) dad's side is catholic.. I think.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:13 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

I'm American. :P

I'm also over a fourth Irish (my grandfather was pure Irish.. well, as pure as you can get, anyway), Scottish, English, German, Canadian (lol), and I'm related to Abraham Lincoln (either 6th cousin 5 times removed or 5th cousin 6 times removed. I can never remember).

So yeah. No, I don't care about whether I'm REALLY those nationalities or if it's just my ancestors. I'm extremely proud of being Irish. I'm actually part of Clan Cian, an old Irish clan. The Irish are like this certain Irish breed of dog (I forget what they're called): usually calm, but when provoked, we're extremely fierce and stubborn as heck. My mom and I smiled when we heard that, because it definitely describes our family.

Yup, I have the red hair and extremely fair skin of the Irish.. I don't tan, I burn (although I tend to get a slight tan AFTER I burn, which is kind of nice).

My mother has traced our family tree back for.. I don't remember how long. But she has thousands of pages on it. It's insane.
Love and Light

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:58 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

I agree with chanson once you are past your great grandparents-give it up! I also do not concider canadian a race.

I am 1/4 irish 1/4 swedish 1/4 german 1/8 italian 1/8 english (aproximatly I know for certian though I am atleast a quarter irish)

I am of course American and a Californian (the best kind). I feel the most german and irish. Irish because of my freckles and pale skin-no wait every nationalitie i come from has pale skin. For those of you who do not know there is a section of italy where they are pale. I like irish tales and my grandad is full irish even though all of my ancesters have been here for 100 of years we have managed to stay remarkably unmixed. I only reasontly found out I was sweddish or was it swiss? I may feel the most irish and german because of my parents last names, Knock and Mc'Dou-somthin i wont post the real second half.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:35 am
View Likes
Jennafina says...

Hehe! I'm a mutt!

Mostly Jewish, but thats a religion, so I don't know.

I refuse to say American. I REFUSE!!

Yep, I have no heritage..
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:57 am
View Likes
sabradan says...

jennafina wrote:Hehe! I'm a mutt!

Mostly Jewish, but thats a religion, so I don't know.

I refuse to say American. I REFUSE!!

Yep, I have no heritage..

Bieng Jewish is also an ethnicity/nationality, which is what were discussing. Like I said, my ancestors, especially in Eastern Europe were considered JEWS, not Russians, or Poles, or Germans or what have you.

I'm also pretty sure theres Irish in there somewhere. My dad looks like the stereotypical Irishman. Either that or Cossack. Possibly both.

The Cossack part is most likely due to rape of my female ancestors during the pogroms in Poland and Russia.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb