z

Young Writers Society

Nationality

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu May 05, 2005 6:42 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

By law or in the political eye I'm English. But I'm half Irish and only 1/4 English along with 1/4 Scottish. I'm more interested in my Scottish heritage, and I don't consider myself English really. My family are relatively new to England, I'm the first generation of women on my mums side of the family to be born in this country. My brother is the second generation of men on my dad's side so I don't really see us as English.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu May 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Emma says...

Well I'm half Scottish and half English. I've been living in Scotland for 5 years now. I do miss England alot, its like my proper home. I don't really know, I do prefer England though, because its more me. Scotland is okay but I wont live there when I'm older. NO way :P

Its been five years and I speak full English, I miss mah home! I cant loose mah accent!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu May 05, 2005 8:17 pm
Areida says...

Born and raised in Texas.

Over three-quarters Irish, one-sixteenth Cherokee, and the rest is a mix of German, etc.

We could just go with American. Or Texan... greatest state, dontcha know... :D :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu May 05, 2005 8:19 pm
nickelpickle says...

*cough cough* Everyone take a deep breath and prepare to ignore my post...heh....

I am:
Irish 20%
Birtish 10%
Native American (Sioux) 25%
Italian 25%
Greek 20%

I have basically a cross of Greek, Italian and Native American features. I have the Greek eyes (if anyone knows what I am talking about) the Native American/ Italian dark dark skin and the long, Native American hair. I consider myself mainly Italian and Native American....I look basically Greek or so people say.
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri May 06, 2005 7:44 am
View Likes
uniaeca says...

I am
57% Australian (I was born in Australia)
40% English
and about 3% Chinese

That's all I know from my dad's side but I'm pretty sure I'm just English from my mothers (side).
Last edited by uniaeca on Sat May 07, 2005 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri May 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Bobo says...

What, you had more than one?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri May 06, 2005 3:22 pm
Nai says...

I don't know the percentages but I am...

German
Russian
Italian
Czechoslovakian
Polish

My Dad's side:
My grandmother immigrated here to America during World War II from Germany(no i'm not Jewish), my grandfather was already living here but here but he was Italian and Russian (his father was Italian and his mother Russian)

My Mom's side:
Mainly Czechoslovakian but I know I do have a Polish heritage from one of my great grandparents on that side
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri May 06, 2005 10:43 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

American hands down.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat May 07, 2005 12:13 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

::moved::

This isn't a debate, hence, does not belong in a debate forum, carry on.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat May 07, 2005 1:03 am
View Likes
Boots_snob says...

Let me see....

Chinese
French
Australian
I think that's all....

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat May 07, 2005 7:11 am
Elelel says...

And maybe one day Australian!

Yay!

Anyway ... Aussie. Hawks right, in Australia you're either Aboriginal or European. I fit into the European catagory.
See, I'm (on my mothers side)
English
Sccotish (my Nana's ancestors apparently came from there at some stage)
Irish (my grandparents parents at some stage were from there, but them moved to South Africa. I have no South African blood in me whatsoever because when my mother was 15 they went to Australia. Not only were they poor in South Africa, but one of my numerous uncles had spent some time in prison there for a protest about black rights ... mum mentioned that once. I still have reletives I've either rarely or never met there, including a great uncle Denis who was an arch bishop and defender of black rights until he died not that long ago ... I say the word "off" with a South African accent, I learnt it from my mum)

On my dad's side:
English
Sccotish (my grandmother's maiden name was a sccotish clan)

But I just call myself Australian. As far as I'm concerned, I was born here, therefore I'm an Aussie.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat May 07, 2005 2:44 pm
lon_205 says...

I was born in Norway, but because my parents are Dutch, I am that too. I have lived in Scotland my whole life though. A lot of people insist that I should be Norweigen because I was born there, but I am Dutch. I have a Dutch passport and it's on all my certificates. I have never lived in the Netherlands though. I do speak Dutch and have been over there plenty because any family I have are all living in Holland (other than my direct family). Aparantly I'm 1/16 chinese or something. That's too small to be included though...

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat May 07, 2005 3:19 pm
niteowl says...

I consider myself an American. I mean, after all, I was born here. But I'm 50% Greek, 25% Austrian, and 25% Irish/British. (According to my mom, both my great-grandparents were Irish and just met in England, but I read in an old photo album that my great-grandpa was born in England. Meh, whatever.)

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 10, 2005 5:39 pm
Muse says...

pretty much just pure Scottish. Theres probably a bit of Irish in me, and maybe English too...but im mostly Scottish..
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:44 am
View Likes
sabradan says...

Citizenship: Israeli and American

Nationality: (that I consider meself, anyway) Israeli, born and bred

Ethnic/National Origin:
Russian
Polish
German/Austrian
Jewish (if you consider it an ethnicity, like I do)

Heres the basic rundown:

On my dad's side, my both of his grandfathers, and one of his grandmothers were Russian (from Kiev, in the Ukraine) and his other grandmother was from Poland. But, again, they werent considered Russians or Poles, they were just considered Jews, and fled the pogroms of the early 1900s.

On my moms side: her grandfather came from Russia and her grandmother came from Germany and fled about 20 years before the holocaust

So, my ethnicity is KINDA European, but I don't consider myself that AT ALL. I consider myself first and foremost Israeli, then American. I was contemplating even Hebraizing my name, because when Im in Israel, my last name SANDERS sounds really funny, cuz the way its pronounced in Hebrew is kinda like Send-er-z

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27