z

Young Writers Society

If You Had Any Superpower....

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:20 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Aniar wrote:I know...was just kidding...

For example the one I chose: Flying

I could simply die like anyone else. Flying wouldn't make any difference except if someone pushed me off a building. Then again if I was passed out while they did it I could die that way too.

Who said it would have to make you live longer or not? It would still be freaking awesome.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:00 pm
Duskglimmer says...

hekategirl wrote:I would want telekinesis! (i'm not trying to copy you Duskglimmer)

YAY! Someone else thinks it would be cool!

And I wouldn't care even if you were copying me! Mimickry is the best form of flattery or something like that....
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:48 am
Supermal says...

To choose just one superpower is impossible! First I would like to have the ability of being able to transport to anywhere I wish whenever I wish, so that I could travel somewhere other than my boring hometown whenever I wanted, or escape nasty situations. Then there's also the whole time travel thing. I would love to be able to travel back in time and see History shape itself, perhaps meet some famous literary figures from the past. Maybe if I grew crazy enough someday, I would even travel to the future. Impossible, I say, impossible :!:
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

418 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:12 am

I just thought of another superpower I would like, or Supermal actually gave me the idea. Orbing. Being able to travel one place to another in a matter of miliseconds.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:11 pm
bluecows says...

I want the power that mistique from x-men had.
Imagine, you would never have to pay for designer clothes ever again...

plus i would get to meet wolverine, i think (?). Actually, i could meet anyone i want, i'll just make myself look like their girlfriend/ close friend and i'm in! hmmmm....

*still dreaming about the possibilities*
~blue~ :D
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour. – William Blake

I was lying in bed, watching the stars and i thought, 'where the hell is the ceiling?' :wink:

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:41 pm
Guest says...

I would want the ability to read minds...Psychic abilities in general would be nice! :D

418 Reviews

Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:59 pm

I would still like to have time control. Just imagine the possibilities...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:18 am
Nate says...

Time control? No way. It's all about the magnets.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:28 am
Snoink says...

Nah. I would want to fly. That way, pigs could fly! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:39 pm
Ares says...

Control over the weather.

Stuck inside on a rainy day? Make the sun shine.

Need an extra day to study? Move the blizzards into town.

Someone getting on your nerves? Zap them in the face with a bolt of lightning.

Exactly.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:19 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

Hmmm...well, saying psychic power is probobly too general, cause that encompasses at least three different powers. Darn.

In that case, I'm torn between telekinesis and shapeshifting. Teleportation would be cool, but I'd still prefer telekinesis. As to shapeshifting, it would be shifting into any living form I want, real or not. Werewolf or dragon? No problem! There would be some physical explanation for fire breathing and if not, well then I just wouldn't be a fire breathing dragon. And wings on my back whenever I wanted. Oh man, flying with wings? That would be cool. That, and I could have animal night-vision, hearing, smell, strength, and other animalistic abilities whenever I wanted. Now that would be so cool.

As to telekinesis, I would only really use it when the object was too heavy to carry, too far to reach, or my hands were full, or some such scenario. Plus, it's great for fighting. Throw objects at your opponent, throw your opponenet, or just beat them silly by nailing them from a distance as though you were really hitting them. That, and more! I could move myself to fly without having a "flying power" (ha, ha, ha). Plus, I can create a physical barrier around myself. Sure, it may be a bit taxing on the mind, since I'd always have my mind partially on keeping anything from getting closer to three inches from me or so (other than my clothing or backpack and such), but it would be well worth it.

If I make up my mind, I'll let you know.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:19 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Flying. Not only is it cool, but if you didn't want to actually reveal your flight powers to normal people, you could utilize flying to do amazing (yet humanly possible) things, like flipping off of walls or running fast.

And you wouldn't have to worry about tripping and falling either.

The above assuming that the flight was controlled by unseen forces rather than wings.

With wings it's a whole different story. Mainly the only thing you could do with wings is fly, but without the fancy human tricks, though...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:54 pm
Teufelshund says...

Extremely fast refelxes, high pain tolerance and beyond-human endurance. Basicaly like Neo from the first Matrix.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:21 pm
Ares says...

Well you could knock out the second two with a healing factor, but isn't that like 3 powers?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:34 pm
Teufelshund says...

True...
I'd choose superhuman refelxes, but since this all purely imaginary, why not take three powers?
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves